Author Topic: Teen prison fiend is Libby's guardian angel  (Read 574 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Teen prison fiend is Libby's guardian angel
« on: February 07, 2006, 10:57:00 AM »
"But the managers of the fund-raising effort on behalf of Mr. Libby say they have already reached the $2 million mark and expect to increase the pace when they start a fund-raising Web site. 'It's a particularly excellent start,' said Mel Sembler, the chairman of the Scooter Libby Legal Defense Trust."

If you are wondering why the hell it might matter who the chair of Scooter Libby's Legal Defense Trust is -- other than indulging in some obsessive Bush loathing -- I'll tell you why. Because it would be difficult to find a more loathesome Bush parasite than Mel Sembler. I mean it. Just read the Sembler profile AlterNet did with author John Gorenfeld a few months back and you'll see what I mean:

"For 16 years, Sembler, with his wife Betty, directed the leading juvenile rehab business in America, STRAIGHT, Inc., before seeing it dismantled by a breathtaking array of institutional abuse claims by mid-1993. Just one of many survivors is Samantha Monroe, now a travel agent in Pennsylvania, who told The Montel Williams show this year about overcoming beatings, rape by a counselor, forced hunger, and the confinement to a janitor's closet in 'humble pants' -- which contained weeks of her own urine, feces and menstrual blood. During this 'timeout,' she gnawed her cheek and spat blood at her overseers. 'I refused to let them take my mind,' she says of the program. The abuse took years to overcome."

more... http://www.alternet.org/story/27725/

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »