Author Topic: NATSAP's Standup Material - A Primer  (Read 2048 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
NATSAP's Standup Material - A Primer
« on: January 29, 2006, 01:34:00 PM »
http://www.natsap.org/ethical_principles.asp

Members of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP) provide residential, therapeutic, and/or education services to children, adolescents, and young adults entrusted to them by parents and guardians. The common mission of NATSAP members is to promote the healthy growth, learning, motivation, and personal well-being of our program participants. The objective of all our therapeutic and educational programs is to provide excellent treatment for our program participants; treatment that is rooted in good-hearted concern for their well-being and growth; respect for them as human beings; and sensitivity to their individual needs and integrity.

In applying to become or continue as a member of The National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs, we agree to:

Be conscious of, and responsive to, the dignity, welfare, and worth of our program participants.

This one must just be a joke to loosen up the reader.  A tension-breaker.

Honestly and accurately represent ownership, competence, experience, and scope of activities, and to not exploit potential clients? fears and vulnerabilities.

So, preying on the fears of desperate parents isn't acceptable?  How about the fake degrees and staff with absolutely zero experience that is turned over yearly?

Respect the privacy, confidentiality, and autonomy of program participants within the context of our facilities and programs.

How about using a child's statements from a private counseling session as a basis for punishing or humiliating them? Do they mean "autonomy" as in "Do what I tell you to do and do it now or you'll be very, very sorry!"?  Makes perfect sense in that context.

Be aware and respectful of cultural, familial, and societal backgrounds of our program participants.

Treat ALL kids like the rotten, lying druggies they are, regardless of race or creed.  What equanimity!

Avoid dual or multiple relationships that may impair professional judgment, increase the risk of harm to program participants, or lead to exploitation.

i.e. "Don't have sex with patients, or at least don't get caught by anyone other than us."

Take reasonable steps to ensure a safe environment that addresses the emotional, spiritual, educational, and physical needs of our program participants.

They can't be serious with this one, can they?

Strive to maintain high standards of competence in our areas of expertise and to be mindful of our limitations.

Like "Behavior Modification doesn't work to fix psychological problems, but let's just keep doing it anyway."

Value continuous professional development, research, and scholarship.

Even though we refuse to do any clinical research whatsoever to assess how our program works.

Place primary emphasis on the welfare of our program participants in the development and implementation of our business practices.

"Mo' money, mo' problems."

Manage our finances to ensure that there are adequate resources to accomplish our mission.

To wit, enriching ourselves.

Fully disclose to prospective candidates the nature of services, benefits, risks, and costs.

The punchlines just keep on coming, folks!  It's a laugh a minute!

Provide an appropriate professional referral if we are unable to continue service.

"We never met a case we didn't like and we never will."

With all that SELF REGULATIN' who needs legislation?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Short Bus

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 03:23:00 PM »
::bigsmilebounce::  ::bigsmilebounce::  ::bigsmilebounce::  ::bigsmilebounce::  ::bwahaha2::  :rofl:  :lol:

Offline Short Bus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 03:24:00 PM »
DJ, you wrote that brilliant post about Artman? Excellent work, bro.. :tup:

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 03:30:00 PM »
On 2006-01-29 12:24:00, Short Bus wrote:

"DJ, you wrote that brilliant post about Artman? Excellent work, bro.. :tup: "

Oh, you liked that one, huh?  Just a bit of prison humor, Bus.

What do you think about the NATSAP standup routine?  That document is a fucking joke, my man.  Absolutely no basis in reality.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Short Bus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 03:31:00 PM »
I'd say it ranks #2, only to your fucking *brilliant* re-enactment of a day in the can for Artie Fartie! :lol:

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 07:07:01 PM »
Quote from: ""Dysfunction Junction""
http://www.natsap.org/ethical_principles.asp

Members of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP) provide residential, therapeutic, and/or education services to children, adolescents, and young adults entrusted to them by parents and guardians. The common mission of NATSAP members is to promote the healthy growth, learning, motivation, and personal well-being of our program participants. The objective of all our therapeutic and educational programs is to provide excellent treatment for our program participants; treatment that is rooted in good-hearted concern for their well-being and growth; respect for them as human beings; and sensitivity to their individual needs and integrity.

In applying to become or continue as a member of The National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs, we agree to:

Be conscious of, and responsive to, the dignity, welfare, and worth of our program participants.

This one must just be a joke to loosen up the reader.  A tension-breaker.

Honestly and accurately represent ownership, competence, experience, and scope of activities, and to not exploit potential clients? fears and vulnerabilities.

So, preying on the fears of desperate parents isn't acceptable?  How about the fake degrees and staff with absolutely zero experience that is turned over yearly?

Respect the privacy, confidentiality, and autonomy of program participants within the context of our facilities and programs.

How about using a child's statements from a private counseling session as a basis for punishing or humiliating them? Do they mean "autonomy" as in "Do what I tell you to do and do it now or you'll be very, very sorry!"?  Makes perfect sense in that context.

Be aware and respectful of cultural, familial, and societal backgrounds of our program participants.

Treat ALL kids like the rotten, lying druggies they are, regardless of race or creed.  What equanimity!

Avoid dual or multiple relationships that may impair professional judgment, increase the risk of harm to program participants, or lead to exploitation.

i.e. "Don't have sex with patients, or at least don't get caught by anyone other than us."

Take reasonable steps to ensure a safe environment that addresses the emotional, spiritual, educational, and physical needs of our program participants.

They can't be serious with this one, can they?

Strive to maintain high standards of competence in our areas of expertise and to be mindful of our limitations.

Like "Behavior Modification doesn't work to fix psychological problems, but let's just keep doing it anyway."

Value continuous professional development, research, and scholarship.

Even though we refuse to do any clinical research whatsoever to assess how our program works.

Place primary emphasis on the welfare of our program participants in the development and implementation of our business practices.

"Mo' money, mo' problems."

Manage our finances to ensure that there are adequate resources to accomplish our mission.

To wit, enriching ourselves.

Fully disclose to prospective candidates the nature of services, benefits, risks, and costs.

The punchlines just keep on coming, folks!  It's a laugh a minute!

Provide an appropriate professional referral if we are unable to continue service.

"We never met a case we didn't like and we never will."

With all that SELF REGULATIN' who needs legislation?

Truly a classic.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
NATSAP
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 08:51:21 PM »
I wrote to NATSAP asking if they had ever received any complaints against HLA. Jan Moss told me they hadn't.... flat out lies.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Re: NATSAP
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 09:03:53 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I wrote to NATSAP asking if they had ever received any complaints against HLA. Jan Moss told me they hadn't.... flat out lies.

Here's how you document that.
File an electronic complaint, better yet, registered mail.
Then have a friend inquire about a week later.
Too damn bad NATSAP isn't a defendent as well.

At least you got a response, which is more than I got.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: NATSAP
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 09:05:06 PM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""
Quote from: ""Guest""

Here's how you document that.
File an electronic complaint, better yet, registered mail.
Then have a friend inquire about a week later.
Too damn bad NATSAP isn't a defendent as well.

At least you got a response, which is more than I got.

Great idea! I'll do that and let you know what happens!!!