Author Topic: worried  (Read 20892 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2006, 02:05:00 PM »
HLA "Truth"....did you ever answer the question as to what capacity in which you are involved with HLA?  If not, why not?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »
I hope this has been of some help to you.
No, it really hasn't been a help.  How can anyone trust what you're saying as HLA's mouthpiece when you won't identify yourself or even say if you work there.  So, no, it hasn't helped at all.

I am sure much of what I have written will now get trashed.

And rightfully so.  Who are you and by what authority are you speaking for HLA?  If you won't answer this, then save some time and quit posting your dubious opinions.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline HLA Truth

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2006, 02:32:00 PM »
On 2006-01-24 11:08:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

I hope this has been of some help to you.

No, it really hasn't been a help.  How can anyone trust what you're saying as HLA's mouthpiece when you won't identify yourself or even say if you work there.  So, no, it hasn't helped at all.

I am sure much of what I have written will now get trashed.

And rightfully so.  Who are you and by what authority are you speaking for HLA?  If you won't answer this, then save some time and quit posting your dubious opinions."

I am not HLA's mouthpiece.  I have not been asked to come onto this site by anyone.  I do so because I want to.  I think it is obvious that I work at HLA.

I will not identify any more of myself because I do not want you people figuring out who I am and harrassing me or my family.  You have no problem with others keeping the anonymity.  All you ask from others is a screen name, which I have given you.  The only reason you would want to know my true identity is to threaten and harrass.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2006, 02:35:00 PM »
On 2006-01-24 11:32:00, HLA Truth wrote:

I am not HLA's mouthpiece.

You sure are acting like it.

I have not been asked to come onto this site by anyone.  I do so because I want to.  I think it is obvious that I work at HLA.

In what capacity?

I will not identify any more of myself because I do not want you people figuring out who I am and harrassing me or my family.  You have no problem with others keeping the anonymity.  All you ask from others is a screen name, which I have given you.

Well, if others come on here and claim that they can confirm or aleviate any concerns then you're damn right people would expect you to at the very LEAST disclose what you do there.  

The only reason you would want to know my true identity is to threaten and harrass."

No, it would be to make sure that you have access to the info you're claiming to.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2006, 02:40:00 PM »
On 2006-01-24 11:32:00, HLA Truth wrote:

You have no problem with others keeping the anonymity.

This ain't no fucking AA meeting.  If you're going to hold yourself up as being able to speak to what does or does not go on in HLA then your "anonymity" goes out the window.  Well, if you'd like to be taken seriously even a little bit.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2006, 02:45:00 PM »
The only reason you would want to know my true identity is to threaten and harrass.

Actually it is HLA who has been threatening and harrassing posters, not vice-versa.

Personally, I think you're full of shit and you work in HLA's marketing department.  That's why you don't want to say how you're employed there.  

Also, you said the program is "clinically sound."  This indictes that you are not a mental health professional because professionals find programs like HLA to be innefective at best and downright harmful at worst.  You're claims of clinical soundness are completely spurious.

Like others have told you, nobody can take anything you say seriously because you just can't show any facts to support your claims.  You haven't even tried to show evidence for what you say.  No evidence, no credentials, no nothing.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline HLA Truth

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2006, 02:53:00 PM »
On 2006-01-24 11:45:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

The only reason you would want to know my true identity is to threaten and harrass.

Actually it is HLA who has been threatening and harrassing posters, not vice-versa.

Personally, I think you're full of shit and you work in HLA's marketing department.  That's why you don't want to say how you're employed there.  

Also, you said the program is "clinically sound."  This indictes that you are not a mental health professional because professionals find programs like HLA to be innefective at best and downright harmful at worst.  You're claims of clinical soundness are completely spurious.

Like others have told you, nobody can take anything you say seriously because you just can't show any facts to support your claims.  You haven't even tried to show evidence for what you say.  No evidence, no credentials, no nothing."

Note to the parent who had concerns:

Notice the typical response that occurs when someone very calmly and clearly states the truth.  The posters on this board cannot stand reasonable responses.  This is the same thing a lawyer does when they know that a witness is telling a truth that they don't like.  If you can't attack the substance, attack the credibility and the character.  Just cheap tricks.

To everyone else:
I have stated why I will not tell you who I am.  If you would like to ask me some other questions about HLA that might prove that I know what I am talking, I will gladly anwer those.  If revealing my identity is the only way for you to accept my anwers, then that is your choice.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2006, 02:57:00 PM »
On 2006-01-24 11:53:00, HLA Truth wrote:

Notice the typical response that occurs when someone very calmly and clearly states the truth.  The posters on this board cannot stand reasonable responses.  This is the same thing a lawyer does when they know that a witness is telling a truth that they don't like.  If you can't attack the substance, attack the credibility and the character.  Just cheap tricks.

Notice that you completely avoided the fact that HLA DOES in fact sue people for stating their opinions.

To everyone else:

I have stated why I will not tell you who I am.  If you would like to ask me some other questions about HLA that might prove that I know what I am talking, I will gladly anwer those.  If revealing my identity is the only way for you to accept my anwers, then that is your choice.  "

Yes, it is.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2006, 02:58:00 PM »
On 2006-01-24 11:53:00, HLA Truth wrote:

"

On 2006-01-24 11:45:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Like others have told you, nobody can take anything you say seriously because you just can't show any facts to support your claims.  You haven't even tried to show evidence for what you say.  No evidence, no credentials, no nothing."

Note to the parent who had concerns:

To everyone else:

I have stated why I will not tell you who I am.  If you would like to ask me some other questions about HLA that might prove that I know what I am talking, I will gladly anwer those.  If revealing my identity is the only way for you to accept my anwers, then that is your choice.  "

Don't bother wasting your time.  You can't be considred a valid source of any information.  The substance of what you say has been abundantly shown to be false by people who attended HLA.  There are hundreds of posts by scores of people who show that what you say is completely untrue.

I just think it's not fair to the parents looking for information that you won't tell them that you work in the marketing department and are not in any way qualified to argue clinical validity.

You're only here for damage control and everyone who reads your posts can see this very clearly.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2006, 05:31:00 PM »
The last post is right on.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
worried
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2006, 05:31:00 PM »
Ya'll, hyper down already! HLA Truth says they work for the program. I'm a little surprised, but pleasantly, that the program will allow a current employee to engage here. Now don't be skeered, I'll let ya'll know if I hear from Joe complaining about someone pretending to represent the program. Meanwhile, I'm happy to accept this just as it is and to discuss the particulars for as long as this holds out.  ::dove::

Now, I'd like to address just this one thing right now. Maybe we can get back to other points later. But for now, I find it more productive to take just one topic and slap it around like a red headed stepchild and see what's left standing.

On 2006-01-24 11:00:00, HLA Truth wrote:

Your child is always on restriction- This is where I would challenge you a bit. If your child is always on restriction and unable to participate in the fun activities of the school, I would put that problem back onto your child. He has the ability to not be on restrictions.

While I'm confident that you believe this, that doesn't make it true. I keep hearing from kids and parents who describe a regime in which the only way to progress and stay in good standing is to garner the approval and faith of staff and other clients. I've also heard that you use essentially the same client heirarchy as any other Synanon based program, so that a fairly large portion of those decisions rest not even in the hands of dubiously qualified adult staff, but in the opinions of other allegedly troubled kids.

It's all quite subjective to begin with. Now, throw in the double binds. Say a staffer becomes convinced that a kid is, malingering. But the kid's not doing it on purpose, they're actually ill or injured or just not able to perform as well as the staff thinks they should. But once the accusation is made, there's no way out but to do the impossible.

How do you handle that?

In any civilized society, it is every citizen's responsibility to obey just laws.  But at the same time, it is every citizen's responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
--Martin Luther King

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2006, 06:05:00 PM »
I have a problem with her doling out opinions on the clinical soundness of their program because she works in marketing and has no credentials to be discussing clinical applications.

She's a huckster and a shylock, not any kind of mental health professional.  Keep it to what you know, lady: Damage Control and Sales.

Leave the clinical discussions to those of us who know what we're talking about.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2006, 06:43:00 PM »
On 2006-01-23 20:08:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I don't feel comfortable telling you who the counselors are and don't see how it is pertinent to the discussion.  I simply wanted to know if anyone had any information to substantiate the rumors and the stories that I have heard from my child and other children in the program.  I"ve heard enough to where I am making arrangements to go to HLA this week.  Thanks for those who addressed my concerns."

Any updates?  Did you go get your kid yet?

If so, what kind of shit did they pull on you to try to keep your kid?
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2006, 08:32:00 PM »
On 2006-01-24 14:31:00, Eudora (fka ~ Antigen) wrote:

"Ya'll, hyper down already! HLA Truth says they work for the program. I'm a little surprised, but pleasantly, that the program will allow a current employee to engage here. Now don't be skeered, I'll let ya'll know if I hear from Joe complaining about someone pretending to represent the program. Meanwhile, I'm happy to accept this just as it is and to discuss the particulars for as long as this holds out.  ::dove::

Now, I'd like to address just this one thing right now. Maybe we can get back to other points later. But for now, I find it more productive to take just one topic and slap it around like a red headed stepchild and see what's left standing.

On 2006-01-24 11:00:00, HLA Truth wrote:

Your child is always on restriction- This is where I would challenge you a bit. If your child is always on restriction and unable to participate in the fun activities of the school, I would put that problem back onto your child. He has the ability to not be on restrictions.

While I'm confident that you believe this, that doesn't make it true. I keep hearing from kids and parents who describe a regime in which the only way to progress and stay in good standing is to garner the approval and faith of staff and other clients. I've also heard that you use essentially the same client heirarchy as any other Synanon based program, so that a fairly large portion of those decisions rest not even in the hands of dubiously qualified adult staff, but in the opinions of other allegedly troubled kids.

It's all quite subjective to begin with. Now, throw in the double binds. Say a staffer becomes convinced that a kid is, malingering. But the kid's not doing it on purpose, they're actually ill or injured or just not able to perform as well as the staff thinks they should. But once the accusation is made, there's no way out but to do the impossible.

How do you handle that?

In any civilized society, it is every citizen's responsibility to obey just laws.  But at the same time, it is every citizen's responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
--Martin Luther King

"

I personally don't see that.   The way for a student to progress is for them to follow the rules, do their work in Realizations, and get involved with extracurricular activities.  This same philosophy is true in any organizations.

I don't know anything about Synanon programs so I cannot comment on that.  I can say that kids have very little to do with whether or not another kid is in good standing.  It really has more to do with each child taking personal responsibility for themselves.

In terms of your comment about if a child is milingering.  I am not going to say that a mistake has never been made and a child has been asked to do something they are uncapable of.  I am sure it has happened.  I can say that our staff are pretty sensitive to what a child can and cannot do.  If anything they err on the side of caution now adays.  Again, I am not saying it has always been this way, especially in the days of the Bentz'.

Offline HLA Truth

• View Profile
worried
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2006, 08:33:00 PM »
Sorry.  The above post was me.