Author Topic: Used to teach at CEDU middle and high school  (Read 25318 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Used to teach at CEDU middle and high school
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2005, 01:54:00 PM »
To the Former Therapist:

First, I would like to say thank you!  Thank you for trying to stop the injustice.  Cedu was bigger than any few individuals (adults or children), and anyone who stood against them were in fact punished.  Did the punishment ever fit the crime, no, there we never any crimes just out of Cedu's agreements.  The only crime is what Cedu did and the damage is done.

As a therapist, it is heart warming to know that you just wanted to help and I am glad that you tried to do some good there.  Sure you had to support your family and that is admirable. If you know in your heart that you did what you could, than you should be able to sleep at night.

THANK YOU for admitting it was a cult:

"And for the person who says it was not a cult - it was. Cults control your social contacts, restrict your freedom, and feed you information they want you to adopt. Of course there are much worse cults, but that does not diminish the fact that CEDU was a cult. I saw parents who were influenced by it. They were fearful for their kids' futures. They had weekends where they were bullied like the kids. Many of the parents said it was good for them. I explained that they had enendorphin experience and that true enlightenment does not feel the way they felt."

Finally, a qualified professional Therapist with a degree, can admit that, then there is much more validity to the postings regarding it was a cult.  

AND BTW to the individuals who posted that it wasn't a cult.  Why are you defending it, if something so good happened there why are so many people disenchanted by it and angry about what happened to them after all these years?  I guess mind control goes a long way.  Oh, and it was a pyramid scheme. Did you know that parents would get a month tuition knocked off if they refered someone.  Kick backs to any staff that refered a student to another "school". Was commission worth our state of mind? And some former students did return because they were so crippled by the program they had no where else to go but back there. And you're right lifespring was a cult and also had the same formulas a Cedu only it affected adults not children but how many of those adults were already programmed by Cedu like schools?  Do you know what went on in the offices to recruit people?  The literature and the picture they painted sure sucked alot of people in not to mention word of mouth.

It was a billion dollar business and a underlying cult.  Sometimes money is the root of all evil and this definately shows it.

On 2005-12-23 20:08:00, former CEDU therapist wrote:

"I intend you no ill will. I did report to the local authorities.

I said I reported to the state. That is Children's Services.

Please read my post carefully.

You cannot implement a citizens' arrest for the things I saw.

I never, ever implied that my experiences were equivalent to that of the students. That would be inappropriate and disrespectful.

I did not imply that anyone was attacking me. I'm kind of feeling that way now, though!

I am sorry for your experience but I am not responsible for it. I had a family to support. As soon as I saw what was going on, I started looking for a job, and I reported the place. Very few employees have the courage to do that... even though I was not a CEDU employee, I reported with the assistance of an attorney. It was pretty scary to me.

I did everything I could do to help those kids. When I was fired, there was an epidemic of parents pulling kids. That is interesting to me.

No one here has any reason to criticize me or hold ill will toward me. I think it is amazing that with my limited experience, I was hurt by CEDU. My point is that if this happened to me, how much worse was it for the kids? I cannot imagine.

And for the person who says it was not a cult - it was. Cults control your social contacts, restrict your freedom, and feed you information they want you to adopt. Of course there are much worse cults, but that does not diminish the fact that CEDU was a cult. I saw parents who were influenced by it. They were fearful for their kids' futures. They had weekends where they were bullied like the kids. Many of the parents said it was good for them. I explained that they had enendorphin experience and that true enlightenment does not feel the way they felt.

I did some good there. For you to say my saying I was traumatized is "full of shit" is unkind. I am in no way claiming to know what it felt like to be a kid there. You are reading into my post things that are not there.

There is not any ill will in me toward anyone at this site - except for Ottawa, of course. But she appears to be gone.

On 2005-12-22 15:27:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Mr. Therapist I never went on the attack I simply asked if there was a problem then why didn't you do something about it.  If you can face the heat then to bad.  If the state was suspicious and you knew that what they were doing was breaking the law then why didn't go to the local authorities.  Have you ever heard of citzens arrest, or the Department of Children Services.  I am sorry that you did get fired, but to know that were traumatized for your stay there I find to be full of shit.  You were not yelled at 2-3 days week for almost three years. you did not have to rake and haul animal crap, cut wood, and have almost know form of an education.  About 20percent of my so called school credits from Cedu would not transfer and when I graduated I was a grade behind my normal level."

"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2005, 02:38:00 PM »
Mr. Therapist.

After reading your last posts I can see that you did all that you could have.  I was wrong to come at you like I did I put you in the same category with the faculity that taught there and you were not.  Since you mentioned that you did report it I will talk with a friend of mine who works with DCS and see she knows.  Once again I am sorry you were the wrong person to take blame for what happened to me at Cedu.  I made you out to be a scape goat and I should not have

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2005, 04:07:00 PM »
I can't make up my mind.

I've heard it said that he (or she) is not a real person, just a playful or sarcastic identity taken on by someone else who posts here.  

And it's true, a lot of the stock phrases and ways of speaking in FormerCT's posts do sound like a caricature of a therapist or couselor ("I'm feeling...", "It is what it is.", and so on).  

But also heard it said by someone who worked at CEDU that this is indeed a real ex-employee, the style of writing is pretty identifiable, who did in fact leave under a cloud of disagreement with the CEDU philosophy.  "Not the sharpest tool in the shed, a bit naive, but well meaning" was the description given

So which is true do you think" is Former CEDU therapist a real person in disguise? Or a joke masquerading as a real person?

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2005, 05:48:00 PM »
AND BTW to the individuals who posted that it wasn't a cult. Why are you defending it, if something so good happened there why are so many people disenchanted by it and angry about what happened to them after all these years?

If you will re-read my posts carefully, you will see that I am not defending RMA or CEDU at all. I think they are fucked up places.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2005, 05:54:00 PM »
Yea man, I'm not defending that place either. I called a shithole, in case you missed that. But it definitely, definitely, wasn't a fucking CULT.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2005, 09:07:00 PM »
A CULT??!! :lol:  :lol: jeez, You fuckers are stupid :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2005, 09:22:00 PM »
Pathetic is more like it. What, your fucking lives suck? Must be that CULT'S fault, huh. Fucking pathetic.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 25, 2005, 05:40:00 PM »
Quack! and you are the followers still definding it! Ducks or sheep? :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2005, 06:21:00 PM »
Again, not defending shit, asshole. I'm defending intelligence in general, because you have to be a complete moron to think CEDU was a cult. Call it what it was; a shithole.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2005, 04:07:00 AM »
On 2005-12-25 14:40:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Quack! and you are the followers still definding it! Ducks or sheep? :rofl: "

You have a very myopic way of looking at things. Not everything is black and white, and not everyone who disagrees with you is automatically a program supporter.

Ultimately, I reiterate the fact that it is moot whether CEDU was a cult or just cult-like, because the consequences of each scenario would essentially be the same, IMO. I probably never should have gone into detail about the differences anyway, and just stated this in the first place. It would have saved me a lot of typing. Oh well. Sometimes I have to process things in writing before I come to my final conclusion on the matter.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....IT must be a duck!

Not necessarily. It could be a duck hunter. Or a duck robot, that came from a planet of duck robots, to take over our world.

It could also be a goose with species dysphoria. (Or maybe he's just doing it to piss off his parents.)

[ This Message was edited by: sorry... try another castle on 2006-01-14 18:59 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2005, 11:22:00 AM »
Hahaha, too true

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2005, 08:39:00 PM »
Not that smart is everything but it frquently makes it easier for people to abstract and think in ways that aren't black and white.

I see a whole lot of black-and-white, either-or-thinking at this site.

And I'm wondering if those who went to CEDU schools noticed that the best and the brightest among them are the ones who are better able to reflect on and see more than one aspect of their CEDU experience.

Or not.  Either way it would be interesting to know: does being intelligent make it easier to have a balanced view of attending CEDU, the good and the bad moments, whether or not in the final analysis you thought these were in totality good schools or not.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2005, 09:19:00 PM »
On 2005-12-26 17:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

balanced view of attending CEDU

Balanced? Or neutral? Sometimes, a well balanced, measured and thoughtful view of something is quite far from neutral. What would be a balanced view of Naziism? Stalinism? Rape? A fist fight?

No synonym for God is so perfect as Beauty. Whether as seen carving the lines of the mountains with glaciers, or gathering matter into stars, or planning the movements of water, or gardening - still all is Beauty!
-- John Muir

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2005, 10:37:00 AM »
Well, I'm thinking maybe you misread.  I was asking about "balanced" views.  Never used the word "neutral" myself, I'm kind of wondering why it's your focus,

What I meant was that in life few experiences except maybe the Gulag did not have positive and negative aspects to them. And even the Gulag had pleasurable moments, read Alexander Soleznitsyn's work (sorry the spelling is likely off on the name but his work is easy to find).

Maybe these positive and negative aspects which make up balance have been discussed already although I didn't see them.  Somebody introduced me to this site over the holiday so I sure haven't seen everything written here.

But one of my questions is: did there seem to be a relationship between having a balanced view of the school experience and being a smart, intelligence-wise kid.  Or not.

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2005, 10:45:00 AM »
"

On 2005-12-22 09:59:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Ok, it stems from a cult, therefore it IS a cult? That seems to be your logic. Just because a cult inspired CEDU doesn't mean that CEDU is a cult. I'd say the vast majority of cult members are willingly participating in their rituals. On the flipside, the vast majority of cedu students wanted absolutely nothing to do with the program. Those running a cult tend to be sold on its beliefs. But many of the staff at cedu were far from sold. So you can go ahead and keep calling it a cult, and I'll be here thinking that perhaps you are the one on crack. "

I agree that many staff at cedu weren't completetely sold on the program, but did any of those staff ever command a position of real authority or influence within the organization? No, they NEVER did.  The people who made the decisions at Cedu were indeed solid on it's beliefs & values. Only a person totally brainwashed and on crack would believe otherwise.

I too believe that the vast majority of kids at cedu wanted nothing to do with the program, and as I said before: there were indeed staff who had their doubts as well.  However, whether or not they wanted to,EVERYONE did in fact participate in Cedu's cult-inspired rituals. So why did so many people take part in something they wanted nothing to do with? I'll tell you why: Fear, the Fear of what would happen to  them if they refused.

Cults almost always claim that a greater love, higher purpose, & understanding of the world around us, is what draws and binds them together. They believe that this makes them superior to the rest of us.  Does any of this sound familar?  Because It should if you ever sat through "First Light" or whatever they called morning meetings at your  respective Cedu prison.  Cedu preached that same shit to us every day.

Yet despite all of those claims, the truth is: that while promises of enlightenment and belonging may draw people to cults, FEAR is  actually what keeps them there.  Cult leaders thrive on fear.  Cult members are constantly reminded (threatened) about what would happen to them if they ever "betrayed the family".  Fear not only keeps people in cults, it keeps them silent, even when they do find the strength to escape.

And fear is what kept kids at cedu, fear of lock-up, jail, living on the streets, not graduating, being anally raped, dying, never seeing our families again, and all the other shit Cedu staff threatened us with if we didn't "get with the program."

Say what you want, but the similarities between Cedu and documented cults like Synanon are far greater, than those between Cedu and REAL schools. Hell, you yourself admitted that "Cedu stems from a cult" (namely Synanon).

Regardless of how you feel about it, I would like to repeat the so called "tool" I quoted from earlier Cedu's retarded philosophy:
"You are what you do, not what you say you do."
Whether or not Cedu is in fact  a "true cult", they do indeed "Act like a cult" in every
way.  This means that Cedu must be a Cult by their own definition! ::both::

One last thing, why would someone who alledgedly hates cedu, get so bent out of shape when others call it a cult?  The answer is simple: You don't hate cedu at all, in fact, I believe that you indentify yourself with Cedu, which is why you get so offended when others point out what it really is, a cult!

.[ This Message was edited by: Son Of Serbia on 2005-12-27 12:18 ]