Author Topic: Dear Reagan Youth...  (Read 10572 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dear Reagan Youth...
« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2005, 02:48:00 PM »
On 2005-12-14 08:05:00, Carmel wrote:

"So, what happens if giving to others DOES actually make you happy, truthfully?  What if selflessness DOES bring you joy?  And not because you want a damn thing in return?  The things we do to please ourselves are not always in the realm of materialistic gain.

I dont change my sons shitty diaper out of a sense of obligation or for karmic devotion. I think your survival of the fittest issue is a little idealogical.

Its all very simple, do unto others as you would have done unto you, and when they screw you in the ass anyway, dont pass on the favor.

It takes a helluva lot more balls and gumption not to react like the jackass that just jerked you around.  

"

covered in the post already. But good looking out and thanks for giving me the oppurtunity to repeat myself buddy. You do it alot which really helps. Furthermore, I understand that as the female and equal counterparts of the earth are realizing their true equality in America, you have the need to be understood. Perhaps this is done by repeating others or asking them to repeat themselves. Again, thank you sincerely. You are a big help to the cause.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Dear Reagan Youth...
« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2005, 03:04:00 PM »
Jackass
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dear Reagan Youth...
« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2005, 03:08:00 PM »
Shortsighted.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dear Reagan Youth...
« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2005, 03:48:00 PM »
Ninny.

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
Dear Reagan Youth...
« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2005, 04:17:00 PM »

Its all very simple, do unto others as you would have done unto you, and when they screw you in the ass anyway, dont pass on the favor.

It takes a helluva lot more balls and gumption not to react like the jackass that just jerked you around.  

"

I understand what you are saying here and generally I try to practice this sort of thing. However, it's not always simple as cutting my losses and moving on. It just depends on what the situation is. Survival is going to motivate me to do different things versus taking revenge on someone because one of my wants in life were tampered with. I hope I make sense.

I did write about burning those that burn me and again it's usually pertaining to something survival based. That's not to say I haven't did things out of pure spite in my past actions, but frankly I'm just too old and tired to waste my energy on this sort of thing.

When I have been ripped off for the most part I let it ride. Why? Because I figure I have done things like that in the past so why even get upset or the other reason is I figure the person must have really needed it. Years ago when I was a volunteer for an organization a parent got me for $50. I didn't get upset because for one thing I was too stupid and trusting to leave my purse out and also I'm sure the parent must have needed it. If the parent's motives were "bad" according to my own belief system fuck it what can I do. I have always figured out a way to make it and I have been fortunate to be blessed during times I least expected it.

But for this anon person to imply her views on what is right and wrong are somehow superior is arrogant to say the least. Earlier she had implied that I have bad things happening to me because of my karma (which I don't take much stock in) and speaking for myself if this whole karma thing was actually true then how does it explain all the bad shit in my life before I even had the power to make choices? That's all.

I'm comfortable with what I put out there and I don't do it just because I think it will make my life better because I did (karma) or to get warm fuzzy feelings. When I do things for people I expect nothing in return. If something bad happens to me it's life not karma.

Too the female anon that's being accused of being the rich housewife (lol) (more power to anyone that can get it like that) my apologies for sounding harsh in the other posts. I tend to let emotions rule me at times as I'm not perfect nor the Buddha. I have no shame in humility and admitting I'm wrong (according to MY belief system)even if it's mistaken as weakness by someone else.
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
Dear Reagan Youth...
« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2005, 04:44:00 PM »
quote]

Deceit is a very normal response to subjugation. I hope factory workers are deceitful in their dealings with any company who pays them shit wages."

Pretty scary to think about. I have a coworker who's husband lost his job when a factory closed down and this is excatly what happened. The workers had a choice to lose their jobs of making $15-20 an hour and relocate to Indiana making $7 an hour.

The factory made trailer hitches. The guys at the factory were so pissed they started making them with defects. I can't help but think about this everytime I drive behind some giant SUV with a camper or boat attached to the trailer hitch.
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dear Reagan Youth...
« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2005, 07:21:00 PM »
On 2005-12-14 13:17:00, webcrawler wrote:

"

"

I understand what you are saying here and generally I try to practice this sort of thing. However, it's not always simple as cutting my losses and moving on. It just depends on what the situation is. Survival is going to motivate me to do different things versus taking revenge on someone because one of my wants in life were tampered with. I hope I make sense.

I did write about burning those that burn me and again it's usually pertaining to something survival based. That's not to say I haven't did things out of pure spite in my past actions, but frankly I'm just too old and tired to waste my energy on this sort of thing.

When I have been ripped off for the most part I let it ride. Why? Because I figure I have done things like that in the past so why even get upset or the other reason is I figure the person must have really needed it. Years ago when I was a volunteer for an organization a parent got me for $50. I didn't get upset because for one thing I was too stupid and trusting to leave my purse out and also I'm sure the parent must have needed it. If the parent's motives were "bad" according to my own belief system fuck it what can I do. I have always figured out a way to make it and I have been fortunate to be blessed during times I least expected it.

But for this anon person to imply her views on what is right and wrong are somehow superior is arrogant to say the least. Earlier she had implied that I have bad things happening to me because of my karma (which I don't take much stock in) and speaking for myself if this whole karma thing was actually true then how does it explain all the bad shit in my life before I even had the power to make choices? That's all.

I'm comfortable with what I put out there and I don't do it just because I think it will make my life better because I did (karma) or to get warm fuzzy feelings. When I do things for people I expect nothing in return. If something bad happens to me it's life not karma.

Too the female anon that's being accused of being the rich housewife (lol) (more power to anyone that can get it like that) my apologies for sounding harsh in the other posts. I tend to let emotions rule me at times as I'm not perfect nor the Buddha. I have no shame in humility and admitting I'm wrong (according to MY belief system)even if it's mistaken as weakness by someone else.

"

More females. gods, the men already get this shit. I hate explaining shit over and over and over.

Look, I get it ...you want people to recognize the growing minority of womanhood. We get it already. You win you little bastard. Everything, although you are merely repeating was put in my post, is going to be okay if you want it to be. You gain no kudos, points or scorage, or asssucking points by repeating what I said in a different way. God I hate chatty bitches. Just suck the pipe, that's what we really want. We got over our need for conversation the day we decided to give you your equal rights, a mistake we are still suffering from. Now shut the fuck up and suck.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dear Reagan Youth...
« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2005, 11:02:00 PM »
On 2005-12-14 13:17:00, webcrawler wrote:

"

"

"

Webcrawler,

I am the anon that I think you are responding to. PLEASE know that what I said was just my reaction to what was said to me. I do not judge you or anyone else. My words may have been harsh, and for that I apologize. I, like you, am just someone who is trying to make it in this world. We are all just human after all. I am new to this site and all that is has to offer and I am sorry if I offended you in any way. I guess in my search for peace and understanding I have probably been insensative. I do still believe though in the theory that we give what we get. Call me crazy or whatever you might think, but that is what I believe. I truly wish you and your family a very Happy Holiday and hope that the new year brings you and yours much love and happiness.
Margaret

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dear Reagan Youth...
« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2005, 11:19:00 PM »
Hi M. Were you in straight? Where? When? Do you have a username?

Offline flygirl

• View Profile
Dear Reagan Youth...
« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2005, 11:30:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: flygirl on 2006-04-26 06:08 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dear Reagan Youth...
« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2005, 11:32:00 PM »
Welcome  ::birthday::

Offline flygirl

• View Profile
Dear Reagan Youth...
« Reply #101 on: December 14, 2005, 11:36:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: flygirl on 2006-04-26 06:09 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dear Reagan Youth...
« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2005, 12:05:00 AM »
God I hate chatty bitches. Just suck the pipe, that's what we really want. We got over our need for conversation the day we decided to give you your equal rights, a mistake we are still suffering from. Now shut the fuck up and suck.

:nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:  :smokin:  :idea:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dear Reagan Youth...
« Reply #103 on: December 15, 2005, 12:05:00 AM »
God I hate chatty bitches. Just suck the pipe, that's what we really want. We got over our need for conversation the day we decided to give you your equal rights, a mistake we are still suffering from. Now shut the fuck up and suck.

:nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:  :smokin:  :idea: :lol:

Offline linchpin

• View Profile
Dear Reagan Youth...
« Reply #104 on: December 15, 2005, 08:06:00 AM »
On 2005-12-14 08:05:00, Carmel wrote:

"So, what happens if giving to others DOES actually make you happy, truthfully?  What if selflessness DOES bring you joy?  And not because you want a damn thing in return?  The things we do to please ourselves are not always in the realm of materialistic gain.

I dont change my sons shitty diaper out of a sense of obligation or for karmic devotion. I think your survival of the fittest issue is a little idealogical.

"

Your opine is moot as usual Carmel
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Toothfairy_TP/u100.gif[/img]