Author Topic: Any science behind cedu?  (Read 5667 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Any science behind cedu?
« on: December 07, 2005, 01:36:00 AM »
I went to NWA for 3 months in 03 before my parents had the good sense to pull me, so i only went through the inner child propheet.  I'm doing some research into the history of CEDU and any actual research that's been done into the methods they use.  Particularly, I'm wondering where they got the ideas for raps, propheets and so on, along with actual information or scripts for the propheets if anyone has them.

What I do know is the propheets were originally based on the book the prophet, Mel Wasserman probably got some of his ideas from Synanon (maybe even before it was a full on cult, who knows?), and the techniques used in general are pretty much brainwashing.  Ethical questions aside, has anyone read anything about the effectiveness of their methods in dealing with addiction, depression, or any of the other numerous problems of varying levels that the students seem to have?  I mean, maybe brainwashing is an effective treatment for some?  I kind of doubt it, but who knows?  For me, I turned out pretty well, but I don't know that CEDU was the reason.  Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Any science behind cedu?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 03:35:00 AM »
I can try to contextualize it a little bit.

In the early 60s, there was rise in what was known as the human potential movement, a possible tangential evolution from Gestalt therapy, which was founded in the 40s and 50s.

One of the key things about the HPM was its outward rejection of traditional forms of psychoanalysis. In this environment and the general sentiment that was brewing during that time about psychiatry, institutions like Synanon and CEDU balked at the idea of using staff who had traditional psychoanalitic training. In addition, they devised "theraputic" means which were consistent with the HPM and Gestalt therapy.

Other phenomena that developed as a result of the HPM were things like self-help seminars, such as est and Lifespring, both being rather dogmatic in their approach and style.

The HPM, to my knowledge, is officially considered a failure. Synanon was also a definitive failure, in addition to being a cult. You will find mixed results with the CEDU schools, based on which alumni or staff member you talk to. Some sing the school's praises, while others say it was the worst thing that ever happened to them. There are also those who claim that the theraputic practices were not brainwashing, while others say it was.

My personal opinion is that the legitamacy of CEDU's "therapy" is sketchy, at best.

I also think that the only thing the propheets have to do with the prophet (besides the similar name) is the recitation of the relevant passage at the beginning of each propheet. After that, they part ways.

[ This Message was edited by: sorry... try another castle on 2006-01-14 19:07 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Any science behind cedu?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 06:58:00 PM »
There is no data to support anything done by Synanon or any of its descendents who use "attack therapy," isolation, restraint, public humiliation, food deprivation, large-group "seminars" and/or sleep deprivation.  In fact, there is data suggesting lasting harm related to each of those "techniques" either used together or alone.

I summarize this research in my forthcoming book, "Help at Any Cost," which will be published by Riverhead Books in February

--Maia Szalavitz
[email protected]

Offline Papa Rossi

• View Profile
Any science behind cedu?
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 11:24:00 PM »
Who is going to want to read a bunch of bullshit like that? Forget all that crap about synanon and cedu and your little excuses for why you're a bunch of fucking snotnosed brats unfit for society. Your parents should have dropped you off at my beautiful boot camp and left you there forever. All of you little fuckers - you're good for nothing but hauling trash and sawing wood. I should never have tried to save any of you. Worthless little pieces of shit.
our emotional growth is my playground

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Any science behind cedu?
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 11:48:00 PM »
Unfit for society? Tell me, why were you out in the woods of northern Idaho? People don't go to Bonners Ferry because they're the cream of the crop buddy. They go there becuase they've got nothing else. No skills, no brains, and obviously no money. Even your name gives away how pathetically narcissistic (Meaning one who is in love with oneself) you truly are. Only proving what these poor kids, such as myself are trying to tell your retarded hick ass... YOU WERE THE FUCK UPS. YOU WERE AND ARE STILL COMPLETELY WORTHLESS. Try the open body position to let that one sink in you bitch.

Is it really that you don't want to read the former posts, posts written by obviously more intelligent people than you. I think it's more like you don't have the ability to comprehend half of the words on either of those posts or links.

Go ahead and prove me wrong, you egotisitical fuck. One of these days youre going to get what's coming to you. Maybe not from me or from any one person, but one day, before you die, all alone from some degenerative disease in the woods of northern Idaho... never having accomplished anything... never contributing to society in any way... on that one day you will see the faces of all those kids you tortured, and you'll know, you're already in hell.

BCA PG 22 99-01

Offline Papa Rossi

• View Profile
Any science behind cedu?
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 12:17:00 AM »
On and on and on...you tell me this, you little BCA goat fucker. If I was the fuck-up, why didn't I get sent to you?? You got sent to me, because you needed to be fixed, and it sounds like you still do. Ascent was a beautiful place until little faggets like you started flooding the place. I could've been helping you little fuckers, but I was too busy making sure you weren't sucking each other off in the teepees. Like I said, you know where to find me - come get some you little bitch.
our emotional growth is my playground

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Any science behind cedu?
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 01:38:00 AM »
I pity you more than hate you, if it's a fight you want why don't you just look to your wife or father (you seem to have some daddy issues "pappa rossi").

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Any science behind cedu?
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 07:13:00 AM »
Oh come on. Rossi only has your best interest at heart. Lighten up.  :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Any science behind cedu?
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 12:57:00 PM »
Wow, what's with all the emotional bitches running around?  Emotional growth huh?  Sounds more like an excuse to act like a child to me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Any science behind cedu?
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 01:18:00 AM »
I also went to 2nd nature before i went to NWA (I don't know if any of you are familiar w/ the program, I assume you've heard of it if you've heard of CEDU).  I thought I got alot more out of 2nd Nature in 6 weeks than i did out of nwa in 3 months.  The major difference i noticed between the two is 2nd nature was very non confrontational.  However, we were still isolated, confined, forced to do things we didn't want to do, etc. just like at NWA.  I could see people calling this abuse, but I don't think it was under the circumstances.

One thing I do remember about NWA was the high i felt coming out of the only propheet i went to, and that high lasted a couple days.  Reading into scientology, this seems similar to the kind of high people might get from auditing.  Are there similarities between the mechanics of the two?  What is it about the propheets that would bring about that high?  My best guess is the propheets (and probably auditing sessions) are designed to 1. break you down and put you in an altered state using sensory deprivation, sleep deprivation, and so on, 2. to have you visualize emotional times in your life to bring those emotions to the forefront of your thought more easily than would be possible if you were not in an altered state, and 3. have you reflect on those emotions and think about them in a different context, somehow giving new meaning to the experience.  Also, it seems to me that the only thing the propheets were good for was that emotional high afterwards, that it didn't really solve any problems.  It's like an emotional fix for the junkies that makes them want to keep coming back for more.  Am I missing anything here?

Offline nashari

• View Profile
Any science behind cedu?
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 04:20:00 AM »
On 2005-12-07 21:17:00, Papa Rossi wrote:

"On and on and on...you tell me this, you little BCA goat fucker. If I was the fuck-up, why didn't I get sent to you?? You got sent to me, because you needed to be fixed, and it sounds like you still do. Ascent was a beautiful place until little faggets like you started flooding the place. I could've been helping you little fuckers, but I was too busy making sure you weren't sucking each other off in the teepees. Like I said, you know where to find me - come get some you little bitch. "

I didn't goto BCA or Ascent, but Brian, it seems to me, that you are nothing but part of the problem, and responsible for many of the complaints and issues that have been arised in many of these posts.  I truelly hope that people copy these posts, and sue you for harrassment, even years after their horrific experiences that you made them suffer through.  Maybe one day you will finally own up to what you have done in shaping many young minds for today, and the fact that you are a fuck up that the company of CEDU and Brown schools, that they never should have allowed.

To everyone that was tormented, tortured, and mentally abused by this prick... you all need to get in touch with each other, start a petition, and file charged in and around the courts of sandpoint and bonners ferry.  You need not to only press criminal matters, but also civil matters, as to I am sure that many of you are still affected by his actions up to this day.
n reality as in dreams, nothing is quite what it seems. -The Book of Counted Sorrows

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Any science behind cedu?
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2005, 06:02:00 AM »
omg, let it go.  yes, we were all wronged and mentally molested and betrayed and shit, but so what?  were we all such angels in the first place?  I certainly wasn't.  And seriously, the staff lives in fucking bonner's fairy idaho, isn't that punishment enough?  90% of the fuckers that worked there were serious life time losers, but so were the students.  Most of the people in my peer group I wouldn't even talk to if i ever saw them around.  I guess the main problem i had with that place is it turns people into a bunch of pussies.  Get past the pussyness guys.  Move the fuck on or do something about it, but stop acting like bitches.

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
Any science behind cedu?
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2005, 09:39:00 AM »
On 2005-12-09 03:02:00, Anonymous wrote:

"omg, let it go.  yes, we were all wronged and mentally molested and betrayed and shit, but so what?  were we all such angels in the first place?  I certainly wasn't.  And seriously, the staff lives in fucking bonner's fairy idaho, isn't that punishment enough?  90% of the fuckers that worked there were serious life time losers, but so were the students.  Most of the people in my peer group I wouldn't even talk to if i ever saw them around.  I guess the main problem i had with that place is it turns
people into a bunch of pussies.  Get past the pussyness guys.  Move the fuck on or do something about it, but stop acting like bitches."

Dude, you're a fucking moron!  There's nothing pussy about coming out here and telling the truth about the abuse that went on in the
former cedu schools. I don't post about that
to bitch, I post because I want to get the
word out that the so-called "emotional growth education" is a scam.  Cedu may be dead,but there are plenty of other sham institutions ready to take their place.

Maybe you're a selfish person, who doesn't
care about others, but I'm not like you.
I genuinely care about the next generation
of "problem children".  I don't want to see
them get hurt by the behavior modification
criminals like I was, and so many other kids
before and after me.  I don't want other
parents to be conned out of tens of
thousands dollars like mine were. I don't
want to see any more parents selling their
houses or spending their kids college money
to pay pedophiles like "papa rossi" for
abusing their kids.

You may be some spoiled rich trust-fund
baby whose had everything in life handed
to him, so a few hundred thousand dollars
may not mean anything to you, but some
people actually worked their asses off
to get where they are today.

I refuse to silently stand by and watch
these criminals capitalize on the misery
of honest hardworking people.

That's why I post...and If you don't like reading it, then tough shit!  
There are other websites that cater to people like you.  You can always join the
ass-licking sheep at cedualumni.com if you
don't like what you see here.

[ This Message was edited by: Son Of Serbia on 2005-12-09 06:44 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Any science behind cedu?
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2005, 12:15:00 PM »
Anyone who actually thinks that's Brian Rossiter needs to check their heads. It's just another joke...go back and read some of SummitGives' satire. It's the same person. Only instead of the light jokes, they just decided to come on the offensive and stir shit up. Get sucked in, don't get sucked in, I don't care...CEDU still sucks.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Any science behind cedu?
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2005, 11:28:00 PM »
On 2005-12-09 01:20:00, nashari wrote:

On 2005-12-07 21:17:00, Papa Rossi wrote:

On and on and on...you tell me this, you little BCA goat fucker. If I was the fuck-up, why didn't I get sent to you?? You got sent to me, because you needed to be fixed, and it sounds like you still do. Ascent was a beautiful place until little faggets like you started flooding the place. I could've been helping you little fuckers, but I was too busy making sure you weren't sucking each other off in the teepees. Like I said, you know where to find me - come get some you little bitch.

I didn't goto BCA or Ascent, but Brian, it seems to me, that you are nothing but part of the problem, and responsible for many of the complaints and issues that have been arised in many of these posts.  I truelly hope that people copy these posts, and sue you for harrassment, even years after their horrific experiences that you made them suffer through.  

Oh give me a break. Our courts are clogged up enough already with frivulous lawsuits without people suing other people for what someone said in an online forum. I would hope that case would get thrown out in a second. "Oooo, he said mean things to me in a forum. Boo hoo." People need to grow up. Even someone truly kooky and venomous like Ottawa still has a right to post whatever she wants in a forum without the fear of being sued.(Doesn't mean she won't get challenged or flamed, but sued?)

And I'm in agreement with anon. Anyone who truly believes this guy is Rossiter needs to look up "dense" in the dictionary. Although I was loath to bring it up because it was so much fun to see people get all worked up about it. I'm sure Rossi will deny it, though. Fine by me.

[ This Message was edited by: sorry... try another castle on 2006-01-14 19:06 ]