Author Topic: Spring Creek Lodge  (Read 274444 times)

Offline YuckFou

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #660 on: January 20, 2006, 11:57:00 PM »
Look at the address and contact information on the CHMH website.

That is Spring Creek Lodge's address. The CHMH website is a joke, it's a fabrication to make parents think they are somehow independent of SCL and WWASP. They share the same address, the same phone number, and the same website and email server... hmmm... could they possibly be the SAME ORGANIZATION?  :eek: These so-called "therapists" are a JOKE! SCL is not interested in therapy, they are interested in tearing the child apart emotionally and building up a new, program child. And they will torture you until you give in, afterall, that is policy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #661 on: January 21, 2006, 11:21:00 AM »
I am very anti-program, but I do have to point out that LCSW is a "Licensed Clinical Social Worker".  LCSWs have bachelor's degrees, and people who want to work as therapists major in either psychology or social work to become educated and certified.  An LCSW is as qualified as any therapist you'd find in any city.  An MSW has a Master's in Social Work, so they've had a few more years of education and an additional degree.  Psychology majors cannot work as therapists until they get their Master's degree, so in a way an LCSW is a shortcut.

I do agree that the therapists who work for WWASP programs are paid to make the kid conform to the program and their parents' wishes.  The WWASP therapists will not confront parents on any issues they do not bring up.  It's odd that the parents and therapist work together to determine the child's issues before they even talk to the child.  Then the teens recite their list of issues as if it was their prison number:  "My name is John Doe, drug addict, manipulator, disrespect to parents...."

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #662 on: January 21, 2006, 03:40:00 PM »
Okay, but does an MSW really matter if your experience is at a retirement home and you are now working with teenagers who may have serious psychological problems?  Haven't children even committed suicide there?
t\'s pretty much my favorite animal. It\'s like a lion and a tiger mixed...bred for its skills in magic.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #663 on: January 22, 2006, 08:53:00 AM »
only one committed suicide there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #664 on: January 22, 2006, 11:07:00 AM »
Therapy in a non-therapeutic environment does not help anyone. The parents should save their money for the therapy the kid is going to need after they come home. I am being serious.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #665 on: January 22, 2006, 04:35:00 PM »
On 2006-01-22 05:53:00, Anonymous wrote:

"only one committed suicide there."

But more have committed suicide since leaving.  When I was at Cross Creek, many girls would unsuccessfully attempt suicide, probably at LEAST one a month.  It's harder to be successful while still in the program- no access to sharp items, high buildings, etc.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #666 on: January 22, 2006, 07:06:00 PM »
On 2006-01-19 10:30:00, CCM girl 1989 wrote:

God, where were you when I needed you?!! I would've been livin' LARGE! Too late now! But, do you think it's possible other kids out there could choose to do this?"

If we can show the parents did know or at the very least have some suspicion in the program was abusive and you would be left there to be abused. The yes you can sue your parents for paying for you to be abused. Like in Alexes case there are public post on the board that show Alexes family has doubts and still he is in there. He could have a case.

And yes it is open for all former program kids to sue as long as they are withing the statue of limitations and that starts after you turn 18 and goes generally till you are 23 in federal court and state court the time limits is usally 21.

If we start holding parents accountable who ship their kids off then they may not ship them off as much to places like WWASP. Even if WWASP was to close tommorrow there would always be another WWASP like school to take its place as long as there are parents willing to pay to have their kid locked away and abused. If we hold the parents respnsiable all schools and would dissappear forever.

Dev

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #667 on: January 22, 2006, 08:32:00 PM »
Yes, Dev, this is very, very true. Now, if it would do any good, would you sue your parents for "the cause"? Maybe not, maybe so. None of my business either way and that's my point; I just don't think it's generally good to throw guns into an already bloody family brawl.

Having a generation of kids raised by parents and grandparents who understand the Program and aren't buying would have the same effect on the industry. Call the goal demand reduction, if you will, and then we can talk about effective strategies to bring it about.

You're advocating demand reduction through coercion while I think it's better to use persuasion and education. And these are pretty nearly mutually exclusive objectives. If you sue and prosecute, they obey from fear and it pretty much shuts down anything about reason and understanding. If you use reason and understanding, people change their ways out of love and personal dignity.

TC was nothing but a quack idea adopted from Korean reeducation methods and picked up and endorsed by Robert DuPont on behalf of his boss, the Mad Monk in the whitehouse. It should go the way of ice pick lobodomies and Dr. Laura Hazzard's starvation cure.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
Why I Live at the PO
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #668 on: January 23, 2006, 10:47:00 AM »
John Gorenfeld's new AlterNet article.  

http://www.alternet.org/story/31000/

...........The lobbying seems to have paid off. Seeing as how the National Mental Health Association has categorically condemned juvenile boot camps as counterproductive "bullying," the goal would appear to be keeping oversight out of the hands of mental health experts. Like some timber companies and others, a number of "troubled teen" companies have promoted the idea that they should be their own watchdogs. While the rules are tightening this year in Utah, a frontier is opening in Montana. As Michelle Chen reported in the NewStandard, a pro-WWASPS plan is winning out in the state over a tougher one, coinciding with WWASPS school Spring Creek Lodge Academy's $50,000 lobbying push to water down the rules. Instead of the state Department of Health, the new plan lets industry insiders watch over schools such as Spring Creek and others. And there will be exemptions for "faith-based" schools........

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #669 on: January 23, 2006, 11:51:00 AM »
Great job John! All of us appreciate what you, and others are doing to keep the public informed of what is happening to our kids. I enjoyed having my morning coffee, and reading your article.

Thank you!

Randi
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Ashley's Mom

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #670 on: January 24, 2006, 07:17:00 AM »
Caught in the middle,

I sent you an email.  Any news?

Leslie

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #671 on: January 24, 2006, 10:02:00 PM »
Seven Days and no news from the family. One can only assume from the lack of information that no change in status has taken place. It becomes easier to conclude that Alex will remain in SCL for the duration of the program.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #672 on: January 25, 2006, 12:31:00 AM »
Same old song, and dance.......he'll be there until he is 18, and then he'll be able to decide on his future.

It's only six months. If he's smart he'll be able to make it out alive.

Damage will be done...but atleast there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #673 on: January 26, 2006, 12:23:00 PM »
So.... anything yet?

Is he staying until 18?

Should we expect an 'Exit Plan 2' here sometime soon?

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Spring Creek Lodge
« Reply #674 on: January 26, 2006, 05:01:00 PM »
:lol: