Author Topic: ARE there any good facilities for my daughter???  (Read 15583 times)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
ARE there any good facilities for my daughter???
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2005, 12:03:00 AM »
On 2005-12-01 20:19:00, CCM girl 1989 wrote:

"Helloooooooo? Who needs fences when you have a sophisticated alarm system? "
Exactly or if you are so far away from the nearest town etc.  but some kids will run anyway, alarm system, fences, dogs, 100 miles off shore, so why bother.  If you prescreen the kids prior to excepting them it reduces the schools exposer to those types that are going to be trying to run all the time instead of working the program.  If you are constantly having runaway kids, its bad for business, helicopters, channel 5 news.  You want to maximize your changes of success bottom line
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2005, 12:08:00 AM »
On 2005-12-01 20:28:00, Anonymous wrote:

"
If they are a facility without fences they dont want to except a child who is a flight risk. They want to try to be as successful as possible with each child.

THESE facilities themselves create the run risk because human beings naturally run away from danger. There is a reason these shitholes are in the middle of nowhere, or are lockdown facilities. This is not treatment, these is private prisons where ' civil rights' mean nothing."
Not sure what "These" you speak of but that is simply not true.  Sounds like you had a bad experience of some type, but the intent is not to drive the kids away but to provide a safe enviorment.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2005, 12:15:00 AM »
My bad, I guess it's totally safe to tell parents not to believe anything their kids say, to cut off communication with the outside world, and to keep them locked in so the boogiemen don't get 'em.  I'm sure they're safer inside given the multiple accusations of abuse.  

I went to CCM and confirm that I'd have been safer if they just locked me out of that place.

Offline trnsz

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2005, 12:33:00 AM »
Ever see the movie `Oldboy`?

=)

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2005, 12:41:00 AM »
Noooooooo?????? But, please tell me it relates somehow to all this?!!
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline trnsz

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2005, 01:51:00 AM »
It's a crazy Japanese movie, not directly related but just came to mind.  "They" lock a guy up in a hotel room for 15 years to punish him, but he doesn't know who `they` are.  When he get's out, he goes out with intent to kill them, finds out who they are, but in the end, they are pulling the strings and have him setup and brainwashed.  It's pretty good.

Code: [Select]
"Sir, just tell me how long I have to stay in here?
Just tell me that, huh?

Just tell me One month, two, or three? Hey!  
If they had told me it was going to be 15
years could it have been easier to endure?

Or could it have not?"

All the talk about no communication and being locked up made me think of it.  At least the guy in the movie had a TV.  

I guess it was pretty off-topic, sorry. =)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2005, 04:15:00 AM »
Ida been better off forced to live in the backyard in a tent and have to hunt/gather for all my food...
Atleast I would have learned something and no one else would have abused me.

I just don't understand why parents are AT ALL willing to take a chance with their childs life by placing them in any facility. The facts are, You just never know, and one day your kid is alive and the next day he/she isn't, all because of 1 restraint period, which wasn't even justified or legal in the first place.

I just don't get it, warehousing kids. None of the behaviors I see here or saw in the place I was in deserve a LIFE sentence handed down by emotional parents and abusive facilities. And you never know when a program will be abusive... you just never know. It's not like the brochure for where I was said on the front ABUSIVE MIND CONTROL CULT... But there I was suspended in time, blocked off from ANY communication, in a severely abusive place. I came out of there WAY worse then when I went in.

I don't care what my kid ever does, I will never consider storing them in a warehouse till they can "act right" or whatever. My kid is NOT forsale.

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2005, 07:05:00 AM »
I just thank (the heavens) that this site is available as a resource.  I know that had my parents had access to this site back in 92' or so, they would have never sent me to PCS.
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2005, 09:45:00 AM »
In the town next to me growing up their highschool football coach would punish the kids who screwed up by forcing them to run around the track until the coach said "Head to the showers" and the kid had to make it to the showers (from the field) without being tackled or he had to do it all over again.  The third time he was tackled by the team and suffocated ,it was awful.  Amazing what some schools will do to kids.

Offline Anotherscaredmom

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2005, 02:57:00 AM »
I wonder what you are doing now with your life?  Do you think that we evil parents really think of this as "warehousing" our kids until they "act right"???  I don't know what your parents were up to, but as a parent of a child who is slipping away from anything good my consideration of an RTC is out of LOVE!!!   For God's sake?  What the hell is wrong with some of you?  I am really sorry if you suffered real abuse?  What was it?  Were you sexually abused?  Hit in the face?  Beaten?  Spit on?  Shat upon?  I keep hearing ABUSE and very little detail of what the abuse was.  

Forgive my exasperation, but frankly, I am dealing with a child who thinks that every time someone tells him "no" that THAT is abusive.  Yet he seems to have no understanding that saying "F*** YOU" 20 times a day to the people who live him is abusive.  What gives?

Offline SHH Anon Classics

• View Profile
    • http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?topic=13488&forum=41&start=34#165552
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2005, 08:53:00 AM »
You have to understand that some (not all) some of these kids sent to these type schools have been given everything under the sun because their parents were financially able to, and because they wanted to be doting parents, but it ended up backfiring because then kids when they become teenagers think they can just do whatever they want and it gets them in trouble and they cant understand why they are being told no. Then, when they get sent to these schools, they think that doing exercises is abuse, they think that cleaning their dorm buildings is abuse, they think that weeding flower beds is abuse, they think that no dessert and cafeteria food is abuse, etc etc etc. No, these schools are no picnic, and yes, there are true abuses that go on in some schools and at the hands of some abusive individuals, and those should be dealt with harshly, but from my experience, the majority of abuse complaints are more along the lines of kids being made to do something they didnt like, not something that truly harmed them physically. But like I said, I know some true abuses do occur, so you would have to take each abuse complaint individually.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2005, 09:19:00 AM »
You're obviously not too familiar with Straight and its offspring schools. Or WWASPS.

I dunno, I think having to sit in a closet wearing pants full of your own feces, urine and menstrual blood seems pretty abusive to me. If it were an isolated incident, that would be one thing, but it's not. Ask any straight alumni.

It's not a question of just "some" abuses. It's a systemic issue.

[ This Message was edited by: sorry... try another castle on 2006-01-14 19:08 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2005, 09:30:00 AM »
I'm a graduate of straight inc and a parent of a 25 year old son.  My son has been a "handful" for most of his life.  That said, I never considered putting him in a program.  Try being a loving parent and support your child.  Most people grow out of the abusive type of behavior... and if they don't then sending a child to a program will do nothing but add fuel to the fire. Good luck.

Offline Anotherscaredmom

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2005, 09:54:00 AM »
You have to understand that some (not all) some of these kids sent to these type schools have been given everything under the sun because their parents were financially able to, and because they wanted to be doting parents, but it ended up backfiring because then kids when they become teenagers think they can just do whatever they want and it gets them in trouble and they cant understand why they are being told no. Then, when they get sent to these schools, they think that doing exercises is abuse, they think that cleaning their dorm buildings is abuse, they think that weeding flower beds is abuse, they think that no dessert and cafeteria food is abuse, etc etc etc. No, these schools are no picnic, and yes, there are true abuses that go on in some schools and at the hands of some abusive individuals, and those should be dealt with harshly, but from my experience, the majority of abuse complaints are more along the lines of kids being made to do something they didnt like, not something that truly harmed them physically. But like I said, I know some true abuses do occur, so you would have to take each abuse complaint individually.

Yes, this is most of what I am seeing on this website.  Complaints that they were kept in rigid line.   I too think that the biggest mistake I made was indulging my son for too long.  I didn't have a lot of money to spoil him, but after my divorce, I was worried about my children's emotional well-being so if they acted out I would sit them down and talk to them.  I thought I was doing something right.  And my daughter is fine, but my son has been acting out for some time now and is failing every subject in school and starting to get in trouble with the local police.  Some people here have advised that I just let him grow up and keep loving and supporting him.  That would be nice if I didn't have a probation officer screaming in my face that he's going to lock him up.  So to me it seems that I have the choice of letting the state lock him up, or carefully choosing a place that will give him structure and therapy together.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2005, 10:47:00 AM »
On 2005-12-04 06:54:00, famjaztique wrote:

"a place that will give him structure and therapy together.  

"
Better look REAL hard, like in your imagination.  This place doesn't exist.

At least in juvie his constitutional rights won't be systematically violated.

Ask any number of people who were placed in "programs."  i'd bet 8 of 10 would say they wished they went to jail instead: defined sentence, contact with loved ones, guaranteed meals and sleep.  

You won't get any of that in a program, but hey, what do care?  It's not you who will have to endure the abuse...
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control