Author Topic: Where is Marla? Hidden Lake Academy Special ED. Teacher  (Read 39277 times)

Offline Vindicated

• View Profile
Where is Marla? Hidden Lake Academy Special ED. Teacher
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2005, 01:03:00 PM »
On 2005-12-01 09:18:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Go ahead and check into it.  Parents only get refunded for the time their kids spend in therapy, not their entire tuition."

Do you know where we can check into it ourselves? Thanks. I know in my situation I was forced to pay for the tuition myself and never got anything refunded. Therapy or otherwise.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2005, 01:16:00 PM »
***Parents only get refunded for the time their kids spend in therapy, not their entire tuition.

Not sure who's making this declaration. Are you confirming that you are indeed a therapeutic boarding school? In that case, you should be licensed.
What part of the program is not 'therapeutic', given that the patients are being 'treated' for psych dx such as ODD, locked-in 24/7/365 from the outside world, held incommunicado, and aren't allowed to come and go as they please?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2005, 01:29:00 PM »
I would assume the insurance commision.  Not all insurance companies will refund.  Some will not refund group therapy at all.  All insurance companies have different policies regarding what the will and will not refund.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2005, 01:31:00 PM »
I am not trying to be a smart ass here.  This is a legitimate question.  Does the state even license therapeutic boarding schools?  I know they license RTC's, but that is completely different from what HLA is.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2005, 02:03:00 PM »
oh shit
whats up devin

oh man oh man. great deductive reasoning by a bullfrog proves flawed! no fucking way!

dan
pg 26

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2005, 02:20:00 PM »
Have you read the definition of RCF?
Which part(s) of the definition do you feel aren't applicable to HLA?

You can argue that they are not an RCF all day, but standard practice is: when any facility cares for children 24/7/365, controls contact with parents/relatives, provides a diagnosis at enrollment and ongoing therapy, dispenses drugs, etc... they should be licensed.

Many states that have regs are largely in the dark. As the Dir of Utah licensing admitted, "We are reactive, not proactive."  Whose interest does that serve? Utah DHS promotes programs on their website.

They should be looking at 'services provided' and if they don't have an appropriate 'classification' then create one. In this case, it wouldn't matter if they advertised as a TBS or EGS or PBS, they still meet the definition of an RCF based on services provided.
RCF is the catch-all catagory for all such programs.

What we all know, is that HLA is not/was never a traditional boarding school and that the accreditation organizations they are members of do not provide the same oversight and protection that the state would.

Until parents and Ed Cons refuse to place children in programs that avoid state oversight, hitting them in the pocketbook, this will continue to be a problem. HLA is not the first, or last, to avoid state oversight.

The question remains...Why?

Offline Vindicated

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2005, 03:11:00 PM »
Having had the time to look over many of her past post, it does not appear she will ever acknowledge what she did was wrong.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2005, 03:53:00 PM »
I will have to educate myself on the definitions.  However, I do not think the state running something makes it better at all.  State govt tends to screw things up, more than fixing it.  Look at the public schools.

Offline Vindicated

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2005, 04:00:00 PM »
You are making a faulty analogy, the issue of how public schools in different state has nothing to do with HLA being improperly registered. The fact of the matter is if they were registered as a theraputic boarding school there would be a means for students to discuss problems they have with the school without fear of reprisal, along with being able to contact their parents unrestricted. I would be interested in hearing an argument from someone stating how this might be a negative thing.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2005, 04:31:00 PM »
State wouldn't be 'running' the program. The program would be required to follow state regulations as other child warehousing institutions, which are designed to ensure safety, competence, and basic human rights.

Granted, the state can not absolutely provide protection against all abuse and god knows they run some abusive facilities themselves (the kid who was recently killed at a Ga state-run wilderness program due to illegal restraint), but some protection is better than none.

As it is, HLA is a private corporation and no one is monitoring the 'therapeutic' aspect of the program.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2005, 06:38:00 PM »
Ribbit Ribbit.

Where are you Bullfrog. The boy asked you for an apology. I think you owe it to him.

Well I think you owe him and many more people a great deal more, but he is being much nicer than I. As he is willing to accept an apology from you at the moment.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2005, 09:49:00 PM »
actually there have been students there as long as 4 years when they start out in 9th grade and stay post grad till grad...example: GIOIA (free gioia?)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2005, 09:50:00 PM »
you should know all the policies robert since you used to work there...eh?

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2005, 10:18:00 PM »
On 2005-12-01 18:49:00, Anonymous wrote:

"actually there have been students there as long as 4 years when they start out in 9th grade and stay post grad till grad...example: GIOIA (free gioia?)"

How many fall into this category? What purpose would it serve? Would the student simply never have to go to reals or would they be dropped over and over again?

If they remain in reals being dropped over and over again in this a testament to the ineffectiveness of the treatment?

If they dont go to reals are they deemed cured and excused from all theraputic aspects of the school? (whats left?)

Also why are you bringing it up? Jar-Jar is in fact former restrictions staff, not a former student.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2005, 10:20:00 PM »
On 2005-12-01 18:50:00, Anonymous wrote:

"you should know all the policies robert since you used to work there...eh?"

Hmmm not that I recall stating I know all the policies, but if youd like to offer up the post by all means go right ahead.

However since you brought it up yes I am preety familiar with the day to day policies that I dealt with as an inmate at HLA.

Why which ones would you like to discuss?