Author Topic: PTSD Hell  (Read 2920 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
PTSD Hell
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2005, 01:40:00 PM »
On 2005-09-22 22:10:00, Anonymous wrote:

"The trouble I have to deal with is all of these bugs. They're everywhere! Fucking EVERYWHERE! I spray my apt with raid, I go through 2-3 cans of it a week! I shower three times a day, but they don't come off! Last night I woke up and they were crawling out of my fucking mouth! Roaches, ants, FLEAS, spiders...all over me, all over everything. I can't get rid of them!!! Any advice??"

Lay off the crystal meth for a week or so.  The bugs will go away, I promise......
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
PTSD Hell
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2005, 02:10:00 PM »
On 2005-09-22 21:28:00, JMA wrote:
"I'm really sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. Something that happened to me when I was in my early twenties is that I started having panic attacks and ... I started having trouble reading. It was really weird, but it didn't last too long, maybe a few months. But for me I think it was severe anxiety. I started having trouble driving too. I started seeing a counselor who thankfully explained it was anxiety, and just knowing that I wasn't just crazy made it get a little better.

Luckily I wasn't working at the time, just going to school, although my grades definitely weren't that great. But I think the thing that is important to realize is that you're not crazy, you're just going through a lot of emotions right now. There's nothing wrong with you.

If you're in school, can you maybe take out some school loans for a semester or something so you don't have to work for a while? You can always pay it back later."

Yeah I know all about student loans...I have been depending on them for a long time and never would have been able to go to school without them. That will save ass during my time off work.

My counselor explained the anxiety thing to me and that I'm not crazy. I've had plenty of panic attacks too over the years myself, which incidentally, also started in my early twenties. Panic attacks are no fun since they seem very real at the time! Have you ever found a way to bring a full blown panic attack under control without a trip to the ER?

I hate that I cant read for any length of time right now. Its frustating but I'm relieved that it is "normal" for both PTSD and Anxiety. Seems like both PTSD and Anxiety are often linked.  I'm also glad to hear that this will get better soon because I'm just worried about whether or not I will be able to work once the 90 days are up.

The more I read about what we all have had to deal with over the years or continue to deal with now, just makes me angrier with Straight. None of us deserve the Straight baggage we all lug around to various degrees. Sorry that you had a rough time too. And, thanks for your reassurance, I needed it. ::rainbow::
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline PerfectStraightling

• View Profile
PTSD Hell
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2005, 06:04:00 PM »
On 2005-09-23 11:10:00, Nonconformistlaw wrote:

"
On 2005-09-22 21:28:00, JMA wrote:

"I'm really sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. Something that happened to me when I was in my early twenties is that I started having panic attacks and ... I started having trouble reading. It was really weird, but it didn't last too long, maybe a few months. But for me I think it was severe anxiety. I started having trouble driving too. I started seeing a counselor who thankfully explained it was anxiety, and just knowing that I wasn't just crazy made it get a little better.

Luckily I wasn't working at the time, just going to school, although my grades definitely weren't that great. But I think the thing that is important to realize is that you're not crazy, you're just going through a lot of emotions right now. There's nothing wrong with you.

If you're in school, can you maybe take out some school loans for a semester or something so you don't have to work for a while? You can always pay it back later."

Yeah I know all about student loans...I have been depending on them for a long time and never would have been able to go to school without them. That will save ass during my time off work.

My counselor explained the anxiety thing to me and that I'm not crazy. I've had plenty of panic attacks too over the years myself, which incidentally, also started in my early twenties. Panic attacks are no fun since they seem very real at the time! Have you ever found a way to bring a full blown panic attack under control without a trip to the ER?

I hate that I cant read for any length of time right now. Its frustating but I'm relieved that it is "normal" for both PTSD and Anxiety. Seems like both PTSD and Anxiety are often linked.  I'm also glad to hear that this will get better soon because I'm just worried about whether or not I will be able to work once the 90 days are up.

The more I read about what we all have had to deal with over the years or continue to deal with now, just makes me angrier with Straight. None of us deserve the Straight baggage we all lug around to various degrees. Sorry that you had a rough time too. And, thanks for your reassurance, I needed it. ::rainbow:: "

No problem. As for stopping an anxiety attack--Number one, don't stop breathing. Force yourself to take deep slow breaths if you have to. Other things that help are singing and running, I guess cause they regulate your breathing also.

Number two, let yourself be scared. It's OK to be scared, which is unfortunately something I think we were taught in straight is a sign of weakness.

Also, most physicians will give you a bottle of xanax, that you can take if you have a panic attack.  

[ This Message was edited by: JMA on 2005-09-23 15:08 ]

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
PTSD Hell
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2005, 01:08:00 AM »
Oh man nothing beats xanax. Not that I get panic attacks or anything. I just love xanax. Xanax and a nice cold hefeweizen makes anything go away.
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
PTSD Hell
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2005, 11:55:00 AM »
what helps, did anyone go through this thing and get their concentration and everything back again and how did you do that. thank you.

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
PTSD Hell
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2005, 03:03:00 PM »
On 2005-09-25 08:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"what helps, did anyone go through this thing and get their concentration and everything back again and how did you do that. thank you."

I was diagnoised (sp) with ADD some time back. I experienced many of the things mentioned in this post. My supervisor the director of nursing where I was employed at the time insisted that I go get "checked out". Three Dr's later I accepted the diag. as ADD. Ritilan was prescibed along with Klonopin (for "explosive temper disorder", a co-morbid state in associataion with the ADD)

The Klonopin definately took the wind out of my sails! The Ritilan had no "physical" effect, mentally however it was much like putting on a pair of glasses. The Ritilan took alot of my "clownishness" away from me (which I don't like) yet, it allows my attention to become razor sharp...almost tunnel visioned. Before that it was much like the channles of a television where tween my ears and I consistantly switched from one to another.

I always lacked the physical hyperactivity, most if not all the hyperactivity takes place tween my ears...so yeah it was over looked accept that I was percieved as an "under achiever" (which could still be easily argued)

Now, I take the meds when I need them, and when I want to. I take them when I need to focus, as in a new job, or when I have new things to learn, or if I expect to do alot of reading. The Ritilan was invaluable when I was going for my Microsoft Certifacations.

Of all the psyic disorders one could have, Attention Defecit Disorder w/out Hyperactivity is the one to have. I am literally my own source of entertainment much of the time. I enjoy who I am. The medications take much of that from me. I have an argeement with my Dr. in that the only time I will take the meds is when I want to and the times the are needed. No more than that, and this works well for me.
What is right is not always popular...What is popular is not always right

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
PTSD Hell
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2005, 08:12:00 PM »
On 2005-09-25 08:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"what helps, did anyone go through this thing and get their concentration and everything back again and how did you do that. thank you."

Drugs help.  A lot.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
PTSD Hell
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2005, 09:13:00 PM »
Yes. They do.

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
PTSD Hell
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2005, 08:54:00 PM »
I've been prescribed Zoloft for the PTSD. So far, I already don't like it. It put me to sleep and hours later I still feel like a zombie. I have to do everything to show I am being "proactive" in seeking proper treatment to keep my job and to be allowed to take the bar exam. So, I only want to take it temporarily...I just don't know how long temporarily is just yet.

Has anyone had personal experience with Zoloft? Good or bad?
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
PTSD Hell
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2005, 09:01:00 PM »
You got to follow your instincts, not take some medication that you are not comfortable with just to look a certain way to your job. This is YOUR LIFE. Nobody owns you. That is no way to go about taking care of your health.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
PTSD Hell
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2005, 12:09:00 AM »
Zoloft can be very good, if it is right for you.
Usually there is no side effects when it is the
correct medications for your conditions.

If it is not, it won't work. Plus, you will probably
have sustained side effects.

Often though, and ititial side effect will dissapear quickly.

Discuss the particular side effects you are having with your doctor and decide on an acceptable level of discomfort, and when to stop your personal clinical trial with a particular medicine.