Author Topic: PLEASE READ ME! Just What are some things Kids go through af  (Read 1612 times)

Offline P.E.N.1

• View Profile
PLEASE READ ME! Just What are some things Kids go through af
« on: September 16, 2005, 01:18:00 AM »
I can not only imagine, but have expierenced being "institutionalized" the feeling is scary when you are released. I can only imagine what my teen will go through when he gets out of the Family Foundation School.PLEASE, is there anyone that can give me some more insight as to what he will be feeling. Will he be brainwashed? Will I even know him anymore??? :question:  Or will he be some "programned" type recluse? Please reply... :question:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
People who live by the sword, get shot by people who don\'t. The second ammendment isn\'t about duck hunting!\"

Offline Perrigaud

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 02:32:00 AM »
It will take some time for the program to wear off. It all depends on how long and how deep he was into the program.
Amanda and I have been out for some time now. Feel free to talk to us about it. It can help for him to hop on this forum and read all about it. :wink: Good luck to him.

Offline Truth Searcher

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 08:27:00 AM »
My daughter has been out of her program for about 2 months now.  It has been/continues to be a struggle for her.

Her biggest struggle has been the freedom to make her own decisions.  Initially, she would ask me "can I have a snack".  Now her biggest struggles (according to her report) is to avoid the drugs, smokes, etc. available to her.  And to not resort to self harm as a mechanism to cope.  It is very difficult to go from an "artificial" environment (where things are very controlled) to a real - out - in - world (where control needs to be internal) environment.

Yes, it is a huge adjustment.  Be supportive.  Be a good listener.  Expect relapses and struggles with correct thinking skills.  Your child will not come home "cured" (as I was led to believe).  Your child will come home (hopefully) with new skills to cope with what is a very difficult culture to grow up in.

IMHO.
quot;The test of the morality of a society is what is does for it\'s children\"

Deitrich Bonhoeffer

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 02:07:00 PM »
I remember the very DAY I got out of a program, after my parents went to bed, I searched through my room, through all my old stashes, most of which had ben found, but a couple still remained, and I smoked the biggest, fattest blunt EVER and got stoned off my ass and played Nintendo.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 03:03:00 PM »
I think it just depends on the kid and the program. I understand that the Family Foundation is such an overtly lunatic cult that most kids who get away are very little confused about that. But ya' never know.

Just be a good listener, that's always good advice. Speaking for myself, just having that one solid relationship in my life w/ my father kept me sane. He was the only one in my life who knew me before the program and still was a part of my life afterward. He was always a good sounding board for just that reason. Once I was really sure he'd never pull that shit on me ever again I could trust him w/ what I really thought of things. That made all the difference in the world.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
-- Bertrand Russell

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 03:36:00 PM »
to the smoker of the biggest blunt:
    You and people like you are exactly the reason no credibility can be given to this site.  The fact is you were a punk kid when you entered the program, and remain to be a punk.  The program will only work in our lives to the extent that we allow it, many change their entire lives in their times in the program, and unfortunately others like yourselves choose to waste a year of their lives, and continue on with the same pathetic life they lived before the program.  The most interesting part is that these same kids who waste their time, the definite minority speaking statistically are the ones who claim to have been abused.  The problem is drugs users dont tell the truth, and you said yourself that your some lame punk that can't even go a day out of the program without getting high.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 09:42:00 PM »
On 2005-09-16 12:36:00, Anonymous wrote:

"to the smoker of the biggest blunt:

You and people like you are exactly the reason no credibility can be given to this site.  The fact is you were a punk kid when you entered the program, and remain to be a punk.  The program will only work in our lives to the extent that we allow it, many change their entire lives in their times in the program, and unfortunately others like yourselves choose to waste a year of their lives, and continue on with the same pathetic life they lived before the program.  The most interesting part is that these same kids who waste their time, the definite minority speaking statistically are the ones who claim to have been abused.  The problem is drugs users dont tell the truth, and you said yourself that your some lame punk that can't even go a day out of the program without getting high."

How does his getting high make this site less credible?  If anything, it illustrates that teen brainwash programs DON'T WORK!  So instead of wasting money on a program, just accept the fact that you have failed as a parent and a human being, and let your kids get away from you where they can at least have a chance of recovering from your lack of parenting skills.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2005, 09:45:00 PM »
On 2005-09-16 11:07:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I remember the very DAY I got out of a program, after my parents went to bed, I searched through my room, through all my old stashes, most of which had ben found, but a couple still remained, and I smoked the biggest, fattest blunt EVER and got stoned off my ass and played Nintendo."

LOL .. there really IS a God.

:rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 10:33:00 PM »

You and people like you are exactly the reason no credibility can be given to this site.  The fact is you were a punk kid when you entered the program, and remain to be a punk.  The program will only work in our lives to the extent that we allow it, many change their entire lives in their times in the program, and unfortunately others like yourselves choose to waste a year of their lives, and continue on with the same pathetic life they lived before the program.  The most interesting part is that these same kids who waste their time, the definite minority speaking statistically are the ones who claim to have been abused.  The problem is drugs users dont tell the truth, and you said yourself that your some lame punk that can't even go a day out of the program without getting high."

Is it that outrageous the ones who were abused use drugs to cope?

Shit man, if you consider marijuana a drug first of all, you're an idiotic brainwashed fool yourself (which is aparent in your post anyways).

Go win hall monitor of the year award, I'm sure you deserve it.  :tup:

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2005, 12:37:00 AM »
On 2005-09-16 18:42:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

How does his getting high make this site less credible?  If anything, it illustrates that teen brainwash programs DON'T WORK!  So instead of wasting money on a program, just accept the fact that you have failed as a parent and a human being, and let your kids get away from you where they can at least have a chance of recovering from your lack of parenting skills."

you are giving it out to him, Anon, and i commend you for that! :smokin:
-DP
 :smokin:

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.  
-- Hunter S. Thompson

"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005, 02:32:00 AM »

The program will only work in our lives to the extent that we allow it, many change their entire lives in their times in the program,

Yeaup! For parents and kids alike. Some of us are just stronger than others.

so long as the universe had a beginning, we could suppose it had a creator. But if the universe is completely self-contained, having no boundary or edge, it would neither be created nor destroyed it would simply be. What place, then, for a creator?
--stephen Hawking, English scientist

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes