Author Topic: Parents Sue WWASPS . Read Complaint Here  (Read 6013 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Parents Sue WWASPS . Read Complaint Here
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 11:49:00 AM »
The following document is available to be viewed or downloaded:
-- 96 page complaint filed in Los Angeles Superior Court against
WWASPS, Teen Help, and several WWASPS "schools" by attorneys Ed Masry and Henry Bushkin.  The complaint states that it was filed on behalf of parents and former students to obtain redress for the allegedsystematic frauds, deceit, violence, and other corrupt and unlawful practices perpetrated upon parents and their minor children for the financial benefit of the defendants.  Be patient because this is a large file and
may take some time to open.  

http://www.unmarriedamerica.org/emancip ... ts-new.htm

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 12:34:00 PM »
Anybody notice how long these parents went without talking to their own child?

How many of them used abductors-for-hire?

The poor medical care and non-existent education?

I'm glad the parents are seeking restitution but let's be real.  It's their kids who suffered the consequences of their parents "desperation".  

What do the kids get out of this lawsuit?  Why are the parents even involved?

:???:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 12:45:00 PM »
I haven't read the document yet, but if that's the case, yes the kids should have their own claims. In my situation parents and child's claims were seperate. Parents were reimbursed for all expenses related to the placement- including tuition, LD calls, travel expenses, etc for the full time their child was there. The kids recieved settlements for damages in varying amounts depending on the degree of abuse they had endured.
Don't forget the kids. They are the one's who lived it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 08:58:00 PM »
Thought Sue Scheff was to be part of this lawsuit. Did she decide WWASP didn't abuse her daughter afterall?

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 03:27:00 PM »
I read the entire document.  If it holds up through litigation it will be ONE RIGHTEOUS POP.

We'll have to wait and see where the hammerstroke falls the hardest...
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2005, 07:07:00 PM »
Question - After almost 2 years of the threatened "class action suit" is this the best they could do?  Where is Karen BUrnett (Buzzkill) - what about the COlburns, Spots (Sue Kolbo) yes, Sue Scheff - where are all these people that have been badmouthing these wonderful schools, but haven't joined the suit??  

So few on it and from what I've read, so twisted.  Is this even really the legal document, or is it the made up for the internet version?  

Where are all those hundreds of disgruntled parents and students??  Oh, not really there?  How NOT surprising.  

Just my two cents -  :wink:

Offline Janet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2005, 07:59:00 PM »
I didn't see much detail on some of the plaintiffs, but the boy whose shoulder was broken and did not receive medical help for "many days" certainly has good cause for suing the pants off WWASP.  I broke my shoulder two years ago.  I cannot imagine going ONE day without medical help!  The pain alone requires medical intervention, and the shoulder must be stabilized to avoid further injury and to facilitate proper healing.  

I am not sure, but I thought I recognized Kerry Layne Brown as someone who left messages on VOY and others from TB recognized him as one who was seriously abused. I could be wrong but LayneLane Brown sticks in my memory.

I am not a lawyer, but this does not appear to be a class action suit.  This appears to be strictly for those who can prove they are victims of abuse.  Maybe they are trying to set precidents.
oriahkitty

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2005, 08:02:00 PM »
There could be valid reasons that many people may not be named in the complaint as plaintiff's. Here's one possibiliy: Maybe some people just dont want to go through the emotional hell all over again. Do you have any idea how long litigation can drag on? Sometimes for years. It would be perfectly understandable if some people just want to get on with their lives.

Reliving the emotional hell is the exact reason why I didnt file a civil suit and press criminal charges against Straight when I definitely could have done so, on solid legal grounds I might add.

Unless you are one of the attorneys working on this case, its impossible know why its limited to those people. And BTW, from what I can tell, from what I've learned in law school and my experience as a law clerk, the legal theories appear sound.[ This Message was edited by: Nonconformistlaw on 2005-08-13 17:04 ]
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2005, 09:08:00 PM »
Some of those folks mentioned never were to interested or inviolved with this particular action.
Some have pulled their case.
Others are still waiting in the wings.
All we can do is wait and see how this plays out.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2005, 09:12:00 PM »
Does anybody have a copy of what David Pollack filed in Florida?

My understanding was he was workling with numerious florida cases and I am sure at least some have been filed.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2005, 09:47:00 PM »
On 2005-08-13 17:02:00, Nonconformistlaw wrote:

Maybe some people just dont want to go through the emotional hell all over again. Do you have any idea how long litigation can drag on? Sometimes for years. It would be perfectly understandable if some people just want to get on with their lives.

Reliving the emotional hell is the exact reason why I didnt file a civil suit and press criminal charges against Straight when I definitely could have done so, on solid legal grounds I might add.

One day, in around `84 or so, a good friend who was a two time program parent called me up to let me know about a case filed against Straight, Sarasota. Your thoughts are exactly mine at the time. Gee, what's more valuable, a shot at getting those fuckers or my sanity. Justice, sanity, justice, sanity. I was a new mother then. I needed every ounce of sanity I could muster. Not at all sure if I wish I had chosen the other way at the time.

The informed opinions I've heard about this particular suit are not promising. One theory is that they filed everything they could all in Cali in order to stave off the threat of malpractice charges. This is classic jaberwokee, to my mind. I would think it's a bigger crime to file a loser than to not file and just give back whatever legal fees and retainers may have already been paid. But, in the wisdom of the courts, I guess it's quite plausible that it's the other way around.

As far as the original plaintiffs being conspicuously missing, maybe these lawyers do have a good handle on what they're dealing with and have just rid themselves of the poor plaintiffs. Bear in mind that it is very difficult for a lawyer to find competent clients among  program parents. It's frustrating, I know. But it seems to be an enduring problem. When the programmies place all the blame on the parents, maybe they're no more wrong than P.T. Barnam was when he, unapologetically noted, there's one born every minute.

But I don't have any inside info on this at all. If I did, I'd be keeping it zipped up, as I suppose those who do are.

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
--Unknown

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2005, 09:49:00 PM »
Two cents....

Wonderful schools?

You are so uninformed. Brainwashed . My child had a dislocated shoulder when we went to TB to pick him up. The family rep stated she was glad he was going home because he cried all of the time. Wonderful schools????    The Jamaican is still calling my home. I will see that man and his boss in prison some day.   Get a clue.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2005, 12:42:00 AM »
Maybe some of the parents/kids mentioned below "settled" with WWASPS privately?

Re: Ryan F. (CTBS) He was supposed to be the lead plaintiff in the class action lawsuit talked about in the link below and IIRC, he was also consulting on Coldwater, The Movie.  Whatever happened to him and why isn't he part of the lawsuit that was filed?

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... orum=9&136

Just seems weird that Ryan F. faded away since he was so vocal during his Television interviews.  I hope it all turned out okay for him and his family.

:???:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2005, 12:43:00 AM »
On 2005-08-13 18:12:00, BuzzKill wrote:

"Does anybody have a copy of what David Pollack filed in Florida?

My understanding was he was workling with numerious florida cases and I am sure at least some have been filed.

"

Who is David Pollack?