Author Topic: Note to John Underwood  (Read 18145 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Note to John Underwood
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2005, 07:21:00 PM »
Oh, one other detail while I'm getting old hostility off my chest. Can anyone explain why my brothers were not allowed to talk to me when they went in? I was 6 at the time. I swear, I'd never done drugs w/ them or even talked about it. How come I couldn't have at least a phone call w/ either one of them? How could I possibly have been dangerous to their "sobriety"?

There's a reason. I understand it pretty well. Do you?

God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh.

--Voltaire (1694-1778)

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Note to John Underwood
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2005, 10:56:00 AM »
Anybody?

Another example of the method. How come it had to be a secret where newcomers were living? Why couldn't my mom just walk up to any of my brother or sister's foster parents and ask if they were sleeping ok, if that rash had gone away, etc.? Do any of you Seed supporters understand why it was so vitally important to keep the newcomer completely isolated from everyone and everything they ever knew, up to and including clergy?

If God has spoken, why is the world not convinced?
--Percy Bysshe Shelley, English poet

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Note to John Underwood
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2005, 11:44:00 AM »
Antigen, I swear you have issues.  You sound like that 6yr old still.  I think thats the problem. You never did get it.  Didn't you ever get along with your brothers once they went home?????
There's shit missing from your story.  All I hear( and I mean this  ) is a pissed off kid that wants her family.  Damn my family was totally fu--ed up but somehow we managed to pull it together.  It sounds to me like your family was messed up long before the seed. (I'm sure you'll fight me on this one.)  My father never stepped foot in the Seed.  My parents were together.  My dad was a drunk for years.  My mother was in and out of nut houses when I was young. Believe it or not we all turned out fine.  My dad did eventually go to AA, was sober for 25 yrs before he died.  My sister went through the Seed ( was involved for about a year totally) never stepped foot in the doors again.  She has a glass of wine ocassionally.  I don't , but her life works for her.  My mom ended up off all medications and is actually happy today.  Sure one of my brothers is a Baptist Minister (talk about extremes) We were raised catholic.  But we all get along ...because we want to.  We work at it ...

I'm sorry that you and Greg had it fucked up with your family situations.  Maybe the Seed was part to blame( OH Oh I said it)  but you can fix it I did....and not with the help of JESUS CHRIST or any novenas, or the seed for that matter. just because I wanted to make it work.   Sure I'm divorced and that didn't work-but hell my life's not over yet.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Note to John Underwood
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2005, 01:05:00 PM »
Thanks for the free (and unsolicited) psych dx.

Now, back to the point, do you understand the reasons why newcomers were not permitted any contact whatsoever w/ anyone they had ever known, including family, clergy, their own pediatrician, etc.?

Do you know the answer or don't you?

The present system is among the most impractical imaginable, if the facilitation of learning is your aim.
--Neil Postman and Charles Weingartner

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Note to John Underwood
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2005, 02:30:00 PM »
Yes I do,!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Note to John Underwood
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2005, 03:48:00 PM »
Care to explain?

May your days be joyously challenging and your words artfully true.
--Ginger Warbis

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Note to John Underwood
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2005, 03:51:00 PM »
Maybe later!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Note to John Underwood
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2005, 03:52:00 PM »
Why do you think?

Offline Stripe

• View Profile
Note to John Underwood
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2005, 04:08:00 PM »
Anon Wrote:
Antigen, I swear you have issues. You sound like that 6yr old still. I think thats the problem. You never did get it. Didn't you ever get along with your brothers once they went home?????

Anon,  do you get that the brothers who left were gone for good - that persons who came back were not the same as the ones who left? Don't you get that for all intents and purposes, the six year old's family essentially DIED WITH EVERY SEED ADMISSION?  

Jesus christ in a bucket, cut this woman some slack. If it weren't for the likes of her and Greg, you and I would be paying big bucks to psychiatrists and mental health counselors to find any outlet for our hostilities. I have them hostilites, too.    

When a person looses something so near and dear as her family, not to death but to some fucked program, hell yeah, I think that person is entitled to ask the difficult questions and demand the diffuclt answers.  

What skin is it off your nose anyway, unless you are one of the persons directly responsible for dismantling that family.  Good intentions of the programmers cannot excuse the end results, no matter how much you try to blame the victim here.
The person who stands up and says, ``This is stupid,\'\' either is asked to `behave\' or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful ``Yes, we know! Isn\'t it terrific ?\'\' -- Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Note to John Underwood
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2005, 04:16:00 PM »
I've heard her and her brother go back and forth on here.  In fact I know her brother.  We have also emailed back and forth in the past. (me & the brother) He seems fine to me.  He seems alot like he did 20 - 25 yrs ago. He was always a nice guy.

This woman needs to cut herself and her brother some slack.

But thanks for all your help. :grin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Note to John Underwood
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2005, 04:18:00 PM »
Oh ya stripe thanks for including all the unnecessary added drama.

Offline Napolean Bonafart

• View Profile
    • http://electriclarryland.spaces.live.com/lists/
Note to John Underwood
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2005, 04:37:00 PM »
Why not greg? The synanon thing was also about the trip. I suppose you don't even know some group members came to group on LSD and were oldcomers and old-Timers. You're not synanon,your freemasonary which is a very dangerous cult to be in. I got Fagers Portfolio. Also, I've chatted to Antigen. She didn't lie about you. But, anyway I was tripping years before I met you and I passed my acid test at 12 years old. Just stupid kid stuff you know. I don't need it anymore.My IQ has already expanded past yours.

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
--Thomas Paine

quot;Thank you peanut gallery\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Note to John Underwood
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2005, 04:41:00 PM »
Sounds like ...way past. :grin:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Note to John Underwood
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2005, 06:06:00 PM »
First, I have (had) three brothers. And you're right about Thom. He hasn't changed in 25 or 30 years. That's the point. He got sucked into the Program at age 14 and really never moved beyond that. Always was a nice guy w/ a sort of hostile edge. At one point, a sponsor told him that his sense of humor was a part of his alcoholism. So he went around trying to not be funny for a time, which, of course, was hysterical.  :roll:

As for what I think about the total isolation, well I think they did that at The Seed for the very same reasons they do it in every other program in the troubled parent industry. Also, same reason why the clams have their recent inductees write a letter home saying they no longer wish contact with their families. Same reason why the Moonies keep their new recruits isolated. Basically, severing social supports and familiar comforts is part of the base method.

That's what we were talking about, remember? The method that The Seed and Straight used on us.

Maybe if we can take one baby step along in this conversation we can get around to talking about what they did during the period of isolation and why they did it.

He who will not reason is a bigot; he who cannot is a fool; and he who dares not is a slave.
--Author: Sir William Drummond

Straight, Sarasota
   10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
return undef() if /coercion/i;

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Note to John Underwood
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2005, 07:35:00 PM »
Antigen said:
That's what we were talking about, remember? The method that The Seed and Straight used on us.

Maybe if we can take one baby step along in this conversation we can get around to talking about what they did during the period of isolation and why they did it.

Sorry, I was so severly brainwashed, that I can't remember much.   Where am I ????