Author Topic: Good program experiences!  (Read 25608 times)

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Good program experiences!
« Reply #120 on: September 03, 2005, 10:37:00 PM »
::shrugs:: just not good at spelling. Every one has a weakness, mine is spelling.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline OverLord

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2005, 10:44:00 PM »
becuz i am a first grader.. my mommy lets me use her compooter.

Offline Christopher Riner

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 07, 2005, 10:19:00 AM »
Well, once again I have ventured into the cyber-bickering of the fornits web forum.  I don't have much to say, really.  I'm not going to say that the program was the best thing ever to happen to me, because it just doesn't happen like that.  Anything, everything, everyone-- they are all what you make of them.  I went to 'the late' Dundee Ranch Academy, which closed down in may of 2003.  Regardless of what I made of the program (or didn't make of it), it is now just a big story of a big mean school with big mean staff and a big, mean, greedy incentive.  

BUT, if you want to hear my story, then you can visit this web page:  http://www.nr.edu/creativewriting/ and scroll to the bottom and go to the number 5 author.  This is a personal essay that I wrote for a creative writing class after I graduated from Dundee Ranch.  I've been reluctant to put it on here because I know it will only cause more commotion and drama, and so please do me a favor and keep this in mind while reading it:  there was a hot girl in my creative writing class, and I was trying to look tough so I juiced it up a little bit  :smokin: It might seem like another big story about a big mean school, but if you look deeply into my words then you'll find the real meaning.
And don't forget also that if I were to actually put my entire program experience into words, then my hard drive would become full.  In fact, most of my good program experiences were left out:  the friends, the seminars (which sucked ass but made great memories of my friends and me), my nights singing elvis songs to the school, my days at the beach, or the rainforest, or the mall, or just being out and realizing how much I used to take for granted.  Everything I learned while I was in Costa Rica were priceless lessons, and I wouldn't trade them for anything on the planet.

Offline Christopher Riner

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 07, 2005, 10:31:00 AM »
Oh yeah, When you click on that link you need to scroll down and click "essays," then scroll down to the bottom right and click the number 5.  Sorry.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 07, 2005, 06:25:00 PM »
Excellent essay, Christopher.  Thanks for sharing it.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 09, 2005, 05:56:00 PM »
http://www.nr.edu/creativewriting/pages ... page_5.htm <- direct link to it because someone doesnt know how the internet works  :razz:

Just one question:
"Within moments of busting down the front wooden gates, the Costa Rican government had set almost 300 rehabilitating drug addicts free to do whatever they pleased."

Uh.. all of them were drug addicts? Bullshit, sorry.

If you think yourself too wise to involve
yourself in government, you will be governed
by those too foolish to govern.  
--Plato

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 10, 2005, 01:38:00 AM »
So, Chris, did WWASPS pay you that $50 for advertising, like they do with parents who write pro-program letters to newspapers?

"Those awful, evil Costa Ricans... how dare they shut down our school? er, drug rehab program, Uh, no, it's actually a behavior modification program. Well, you know, the program is so wonderful, it can solve just about any problem out there."  :roll:

Thank god the Costa Ricans were willing to protect American children when their own government wasn't willing to help. Thank god Dundee is closed. 8 facilities and counting. WWASPS will be destroyed, so there will be no more kids who have to endure what you and thousands of others have endured.

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
« Reply #127 on: September 10, 2005, 01:26:00 PM »
I read Christopher's essay...It gave me chills...there were moments reading it that I felt like I wrote it myself. The similarities between Straight and Dundee were frightning...there really are only minor differences...the hole was the intake rooms in Straight; Straight was in the US. The Costa Rica program was obviously Straight all over again...only worse.

But that is where the similarities end. Although many of my words would have been the same as Christopher's, I have very different conclusions. I never viewed my time there as remotely positive. My time in Straight was the darkest time in my life. I never felt "achievement." I never felt "inspired." My mind and spirit were completely crushed, twisted and violated in unspeakable ways that no human being should be subjected to. The program didnt "save me"...but rather it almost destroyed me. The dark ominous cloud never went away...it has followed me for 20 years.
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 10, 2005, 02:23:00 PM »
Kids in WWASPS programs are not truly "inspired", "helped" or "saved"... they are just programmed to think that way. Those Lifespring seminars can be very effective.

And that is another form of destruction... being turned into a program-worshipping zombie. Losing your individuality and your ability to think for yourself. Enslaving your mind and spirit to a treatment cult. I can't think of a fate worse than that.

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 10, 2005, 02:24:00 PM »
I went to costa rica at one point in time. Wonderful place, the people there are truely open to every one and are just looking for their own happness and saftey. The food there is so great to, I had a high view of Coasta Rica, that could all change now.

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 10, 2005, 02:28:00 PM »
On 2005-09-10 11:24:00, OverLordd wrote:

"I went to costa rica at one point in time. Wonderful place, the people there are truely open to every one and are just looking for their own happness and saftey. The food there is so great to, I had a high view of Coasta Rica, that could all change now."

Don't forget that the Costa Rican raided and closed Dundee. You have to respect them for that. They saved hundreds of children.

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
« Reply #131 on: September 10, 2005, 02:35:00 PM »
Anon said-----------"Kids in WWASPS programs are not truly "inspired", "helped" or "saved"... they are just programmed to think that way. Those Lifespring seminars can be very effective.

And that is another form of destruction... being turned into a program-worshipping zombie. Losing your individuality and your ability to think for yourself. Enslaving your mind and spirit to a treatment cult. I can't think of a fate worse than that."----------------

EXACTLY. I was thinking the same thing those "achivement" or "inspired" feelings are nothing more than illusions created by the programming lies.
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2005, 11:17:00 PM »
if the truely had a good experience ( which probly only 1 in 100 do) why would u have to reward them....now if ud like an essay on how id never done coke or E before the program and almost ruined my life with them after id be glad to......if i had never gone their i could be at an ivy league school right now but im at LSU instead (thankfully on a full academic scholarship definately no thanks to carolina springs cuz i ended up takin remedial classes there when i could have been doing AP work...the program screwed me as well as many other ppl but thankfully i was able to pull myself out of it and still have a good life

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 12, 2005, 05:58:00 PM »
I don't think you were going to an Ivy League school with that spelling and grammar.

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 12, 2005, 10:31:00 PM »
Its a internet forum. People need to understand that, when on line, some people type diffrently than they would for a paper, its not the same format.

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.