Author Topic: Emily and TB  (Read 3401 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Emily and TB
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2005, 02:36:00 PM »
I know that your kid was not following the rules.
I know that there are comsequences for not following the rules. I know that Ivy ridge is supposed to be harder than casa was and I have eaten luch with the kids at ivy and also walked around by myself. I know that your kid could be full of it. That's whatI know, as much as you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Emily and TB
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2005, 02:47:00 PM »
Ivy tougher than Casa?  :???: Couldn't be further from the truth.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Emily and TB
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2005, 03:16:00 PM »
On 2005-07-17 11:36:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I know that your kid was not following the rules.

I know that there are comsequences for not following the rules. I know that Ivy ridge is supposed to be harder than casa was and I have eaten luch with the kids at ivy and also walked around by myself. I know that your kid could be full of it. That's whatI know, as much as you."

I have a German friend.  I had to know her very well for a very long time before she confided this to me:

Her aunt and uncle were young marrieds in Germany in WWII--they lived on a farm.

They voted for Hitler, just hoping he'd make the economy better.  They had a gun over their mantlepiece that had been issued to them by the German government (3rd Reich) to shoot themselves with when the Allies came--because they had been told of all the horrible things the Allies would do to them.

You're just like her aunt and uncle.

I know that there are comsequences for not following the rules."

Her family were always a bit offended at the streets over here, especially in the fall, when the leaves piled up at the sides of the residential streets.  You see, in Germany it's each family or shopkeeper's responsibility to keep the section of street in front of their house or shop spotless--and they'd be fined if they didn't.

I bet the trains run on time, too.

"Alles Im Ordnung!"

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Timoclea
(Her family are not bad people.  I've never seen her dad more furious than the time he saw a skinhead with Nazi trappings down at the bohemian part of the city.  He was a kid in WWII in Germany, and it had very obviously left deep scars.  Well, duh, it would.)

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Emily and TB
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2005, 06:59:00 PM »
Yanno, I find it really funny how the programmies pull the same shit... and people keep falling for it.

FACT: The kids communication is censored, controlled, or just cut off.

FACT: If anyone shows up its after theyve scrubbed cleaned up bleached and only let them into specific areas.

FACT: No excuse can be given for lying on your face in OP

FACT: The physical restraint torture is pretty easy to hide if you scare them into not talking about it. Ive fucking done grappling martial arts, Id know, bruises only come if you squeeze and twist the skin too hard, not from the joint injuries, and most kids arent resisting by the time the hands are on them.

FACT: Ive seen pics of the kids at TB, all the girls are fucking chunky and all the guys are rather skinny. Seems to imply a sub-par diet, especially given that not EVERY girl going there is that big!

FACT: At least one parent has pulled her kid out 'prematurely' when she was still being roughed up and her kid was gaunt, catatonic, and basically FUCKED UP if you cant find a dictionary. Im sure that they'd make a point of feeding the kid before  someone came around, or just keeping the child in a back corner like Straight did when Nancy came around doing her rounds.

FACT: Psychological and emotional abuse doesnt necessarily have a physical tell! And, if they've been convinced to hide it (by falling for the program or just being terrified) OR if the authorities dont believe the story and consider it 'manipulative lying' well, guess what? Theyre fucked unless someone gave them a black eye and raped them without a condom AND someone was nice enough to take pictures and have q-tips.

I really should make a FAQ about "how to talk to a programmie" sometime so that everyone doesnt fall for the same old tricks over and over again... maybe some evolution-creation faq writer would be able to help?

All in all, Just use your head and be as critical of a program as the program is critical of the children coming into it.   :wstupid:

This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it.
--John Adams, U.S. President

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Emily and TB
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2005, 07:05:00 PM »
On 2005-07-17 08:51:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-07-17 08:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

"All circumstancial. The small % of kids and parents who complain compared to the thousands who have not. I'm sorry I don't buy it."

And I want actual evidence you are not a dipshit. Not circumstancial evidence, ACTUAL proof.

I am waiting...."

What do you mean ACTUAL evidence?
How do you expect to get evidence from a place that pays off people, lives on deceit and cleans the place up in order to look fine when people come to visit.

Sure, if someone could sneak in and get photographs and stuff then you'd believe it, but how hard would that be to do?

If you can't believe the kids and parents here and elsewhere who have spoken out against these places, then how do you believe in anything at all?

Offline Cidsa

• View Profile
    • http://cidsa.blackmage.org/
Emily and TB
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2005, 07:13:00 PM »
On 2005-07-17 16:05:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-07-17 08:51:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-07-17 08:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

"All circumstancial. The small % of kids and parents who complain compared to the thousands who have not. I'm sorry I don't buy it."

And I want actual evidence you are not a dipshit. Not circumstancial evidence, ACTUAL proof.

I am waiting...."

What do you mean ACTUAL evidence?

How do you expect to get evidence from a place that pays off people, lives on deceit and cleans the place up in order to look fine when people come to visit.

Sure, if someone could sneak in and get photographs and stuff then you'd believe it, but how hard would that be to do?

If you can't believe the kids and parents here and elsewhere who have spoken out against these places, then how do you believe in anything at all?"

Sorry, that was me ^^;

Offline Cidsa

• View Profile
    • http://cidsa.blackmage.org/
Emily and TB
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2005, 07:17:00 PM »
Also I wanted to add that you can't always pick out an abused kid from the crowd.

A lot of them are ashamed or just too afraid to tell anybody or let anybody know. You hide the injuries, you act like everything is normal, etc.

Also, for the kids from these programs, it's engrained on their minds to NEVER tell anybody so they just won't do it..However, some are not broken or "snap" out of it and tell somebody, however long it takes them.

After all is said and done, it's very difficult to actually spot an abused child because they hide it. Most of the time people find out because the kid decides to finally speak up about it.
In some instances a person will notice a kid getting bruises and will report it to someone, however usually the kid says that they got into a fight or got it from sports and it gets dropped..
There have probably been a few cases where someone has suspected it, reported it and it turns out they were right, but I doubt that happens often.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Emily and TB
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2005, 07:31:00 PM »
Some kids come right out of the programs unaffected, others it takes decades, some never fully shake-off the brainwashing.  But there seems on average to be this 5-year time between when the kid gets discharged and when they actually get up the nerve to say something about the abuse.  I went to Provo Canyon, and we may have had it tough, but from what I've heard, it was no where near as bad as these reports coming out of Tranquility Bay.  These kids are being treated worse than prisoners and political detainees. Imagine how poorly they'll be treated once the supplies run out and because of the flooding they can't get food or fresh water?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Emily and TB
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2005, 07:53:00 PM »
Even more than that, what kind of parent to ditch a school or babysitter or whatever insists that they be *proven* to be abusive to their kid?

It's like having a neighbor kid claim that the mild-mannered slightly creepy scoutmaster molested him, or the priest molested him, and insisting it be absolutely *proven* before you keep your kid from being alone around the guy.

What kind of parent is so casual about serious risks to their child?

There are facilities with much better reputations than TB if you're just convinced you've got to use one.

Skip it.

Any parent who insists on a potential abuser being absolutely proven abusive before they'll protect their kid from him/her/them (at *least* by insisting that he/she/them have chaperonage by someone with an unblotted reputation when around the kid) is one of "those" people who needs child welfare to come pull the kids from that home.

The person posting is either a program owner, manager, staffer, a troll, or a really horrible parent.

You can't turn horrible, neglectful parents into good parents just by chatter on the internet.

So might as well skip it.

Gods, I have a nine year old daughter and if someone I was leaving her alone with was accused of these kinds of things by other kids I'd shit a brick and I'd *never* leave my child alone with that adult (or those adults) again.

Any kind of parent who *wouldn't* protect their kid from all that is *also* the kind of parent I wouldn't trust alone with my child.

Timoclea

Offline spots

• View Profile
Emily and TB
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2005, 08:23:00 PM »
On 2005-07-17 11:36:00, Anonymous wrote:

I know that there are comsequences for not following the rules.

Rules?  Rules?????  She once spent 3 DAYS in solitary, in a white resin beach chair in a 3'x5' white room, alone, without school, without speech, with minimal rations (rice, beans, limited water), because she "broke the rules" and suffered "consequences".  The Rule Broken was for "sanitation", for a few dark hairs left in her hairbrush after her 7:00AM, 10-seconds-to-hit-the-floor awakening from her 2nd story bunk, before her pre-Raisin Bran (stale, outdated, CHEAP) breakfast.  The Rules????  This particular incident was a made-up-as-you-go-along "rule" arbitrarily set by a newly-minted "Junior Leadership" internee, aka a kid who had been there slightly longer than she.  This Junior Gestapo given the power of pain and suffering was an out-of-control teenager who had suddenly been given the ability to hurt, having been hurt herself for months before sucumbing and gaining stature as an Upper Level...probably actually a decent kid who fell victim to the Stanford Syndrome.  [Look it up, Dumbshit.]  These were "comsequences" [don't you know how to spell, or even find spellcheck on your computer, you Cretan?] entirely out of proportion to the infraction, if indeed there was an infraction, since nowhere in the List of Rules is such a crime mentioned.  I can imagine what life is like in *your house*, Anon, where your kid may be grounded for a weekend because YOU had a bad day on Friday with your asshole boss.  Go to Netflix and rent "Schindler's List" and see what it's like to be constantly terrified that you may be breaking *a rule* which has yet to be identified.  

I know that Ivy ridge is supposed to be harder than casa

you are totally misinformed, or unbelievably stupid, or got your head up your ass...

I have eaten luch with the kids at ivy and also walked around by myself.

See my previous message about being carefully monitored to selected areas.

I know that your kid could be full of it. That's whatI know, as much as you."

Well, Anon, I should really make a quick copy of The Rules, put it on a sharp stick, and poke it up your ass so you'll be able to remember all the written and unwritten rules.  You are definitely a parent with a kid still in WWASPS, but even when your kid is released and finally free of you for his forseeable future, you will still be Evil.  My greatest solace:  What goes around, comes around. *Your* parents must have been evil, mean SOB's too, judging from their progeny, but then, what do *I* know.  Let's see, "That's whatI know, as much as you." is your quote (whatever that means).

Your hatred and bitterness must show in your lined wicked face, Anon.  I could probably pick you out of a crowd of born-again Christians from a mile away.  May the meaness die with you and break the chain from your previous generations.  Power to your "out of control" teen in WWASPS.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Emily and TB
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2005, 10:05:00 PM »
I agree with Timoclea and Spots.  How dare a parent think that, after everything, that Tranquility Bay is even an option?  I'd say that it is just about the =worst= long term lockdown program still in operation.  What kind of parent would send their child out of the country!  What kind of parent would think that Tranquility Bay is actually a good idea?  I know parents think they need to "shock" their teen into behaving, so they see the dilapidated conditions of the school and think "this is just what my spoiled brat needs,"  they want to punish their child for not fitting the mold, for not "loving" them, and they want to punish them sadistically, and still keep their hands clean.  I hear these stories about the girl kept in the white room with sparse rations, the kids with their faces to the floor, the disease, and fear, and head games, and sexual abuse, rape, beatings, bruises, and I'm honestly crying right now thinking about it.  You want proof?  Go there and look at the kids, just look at them, in the eye, all pretensions down, and you'll see all the proof you need.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Emily and TB
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2005, 01:30:00 AM »
Response to Spots:

Your granddaughter is a lucky girl!  She has you to guide her now.  I love the way you express yourself - I get that you are already teaching her the language to use when she can't control herself.   :rofl:

PHX

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Emily and TB
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2005, 04:59:00 AM »
Its delightful how youre such a Phoenix, PHX.
You get burned to cinders, and rise back up to bother us more.

How do you completely ignore everything said in this thread to turn around and nitpick over how someone communicates and their choice of words? Who cares of its considered 'vulgar' by snobs?

Oh, and btw, dont they curse like sailors in those ridiculous seminars of yours?

Speak gently! 't is a little thing Dropp'd in the heart's deep well; The good, the joy, that it may bring Eternity shall tell.
-- G. W. Langford: Speak gently.

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Emily and TB
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2005, 06:30:00 AM »
PROOF!!! BTW I am not a parent. So just shows how sure you can be about something and be wrong.
 :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Emily and TB
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2005, 07:30:00 AM »
On 2005-07-18 03:30:00, Anonymous wrote:

"PROOF!!! BTW I am not a parent. So just shows how sure you can be about something and be wrong.

:wave: "

So you are just in it for the money.  Not something to boast about.