Author Topic: Brainwash  (Read 935 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Brainwash
« on: July 08, 2005, 01:00:00 PM »
I'm running this post as an Anon as I'm just curious who can relate. 22 years ago prior to going into Straight I didn't think nothing about smoking pot or drinking. After getting out of straight over the course of the years I've found myself in and out of NA and AA due to what I feel was fuck up programming that came from being in Straight. I truely question what happened and what is right or wrong. I've been abstinent now for going on 2 years but know a couple others from my hometown who are like me, in and out of the fellowships over the course of the years with the exception of 1 guy who has 22 years clean after leaving Straight ( Really Brainwashed ??? ). Do I still suffer the brainwashing or was I a reject of fucked up programming??
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Brainwash
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 02:46:00 PM »
Sounds like you are having a hard time knowing what is really real. I would say, start questioning your beliefs about everything, and why you believe it. I would say check out a book called _The Truth About Addiction and Recovery_. That helped me at the time I was questioning all the 12-step program stuff. I started realizing I just didn't believe it. I couldn't go in the meetings anymore. I just sat out in the parking lot and talked to my friend Eric. In the end, you have to find your own answers, and I don't think that can be given by any religion, cult, way, program or steps. You gotta know what you really think, and why, and that means questioning every belief you have about yourself, the patterns of thought in your mind that torment you.

One thing, there just wasn't any room to just be, in Straight or in the 12-step programs. Like me, I am finally realizing that I am really depressed, yet it took me months of symptoms of depression before I quit saying "but I don't feel depressed!" I think I was taught to just cheer up out of whatever. Things are wrong, they are all messed up and god I am trying to find some sanity somewhere. Some way that is for real and not just fear laying down tracks in my mind. Like Ben Harper says, "I'm gonna burn one down."

Offline linchpin

• View Profile
Brainwash
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 11:40:00 AM »
Fuck AA..and Fuck all treatment. Its simply not neccisary.. I beat a 13 year addiction to Poly IV drug use and methadone (Black Tar Heroin being my main staple) with no treatment..
 Its all a fucking scam.
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Toothfairy_TP/u100.gif[/img]

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
Brainwash
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2005, 12:24:00 PM »
Anon,
I feel your pain, literally.
Please seek a therapist that deals with "deprogramming" or EMDR therapy ...this therapy has been known to significantly reduce the amount of post traumatic stress disorder. It can help to give ones life back. The beauty of EMDR is that the patient is fully awake , unlike hypnosis. Has anyone else on this board ever experienced this treatment for PTSD before? If so, let me know what you think about it.
Anon, hang in there it will also get better over time......also, yes all of the things that ye thought were messed up "in there" most definitely were!
-D.P...

p.s.- There are also online petitions that ye can sign to try and stop this kind of thing from happening to anybody else. Another note, the 22 year lifer has a problem and it is known as being super brainwashed , and that is sad.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
--Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Brainwash
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 10:56:00 AM »
Yes I did EMDR. It's really just emotionally processing through memories by moving your eyes. It does seem to work...of course the therapist may combine it with other techniques too so if you don't like that you should make sure and explain that to them right off the bat.