Author Topic: Redcliffer  (Read 53059 times)

Offline Notafriendofredcliff

• View Profile
Redcliffer
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2005, 10:23:00 PM »
Update on Dr. Russell.  He's now at the University of New Hampshire. I'm confused that he's been doing all this research with positive outcomes for wilderness therapy, yet one of the Univ. of NH Alumnus had this comment to make about him joining UNH:

<<
I am more than a little disturbed to be told that my school wastes the money necessary to maintain Keith Russell and to give him the implied credibility of "assistant professor" in the make-believe science of kinesiology; but it's good that somebody is pointing out the failure of the therapeutic education "boot camp" fad. In my opinion they are mostly job opportunities for otherwise unemployable psyche majors and their products are mostly stronger, more self-confident sociopaths.>>>

I wasn't aware he had done anything to point out the failure of the programs he had researched.  Maybe if I keep digging deeply enough, I'll find it somewhere.  This guy was a bit rough on him.  I hope he was able to reply.  I'd love to know if his feelings about wilderness therapy have changed.  I haven't found anything recent that he's done for the OBHIC.  I think 2003 was the most recent.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Redcliffer
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2005, 10:50:00 PM »
You get quacks in every order of PHD I guess.  :lol:
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Redcliffer
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2005, 08:27:00 PM »
Notafriendofredcliff: Why aren't you in Utah getting your kid out of that program instead of reading a bunch of research?

Offline Shortbus

• View Profile
Redcliffer
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2005, 08:51:00 PM »
Hey notafrien,

When I read you username too fast I find myself asking "So who the heck is Fred Cliff?" :smile:
ts never too late to procrastinate

• View Profile
Redcliffer
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2005, 09:42:00 PM »
Cute, Shortbus.  I needed the laugh today!  Thanks!  Our appointment with our attorney got moved to Thursday, so we're in limbo until then, while a child waits in the desert.  Limbo is a rotten place.  Like Purgatory.  Maybe I should change my handle to REDCLIFFSBIGGESTPAININTHEBUTT.  More accurate!

Offline Shortbus

• View Profile
Redcliffer
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2005, 10:04:00 PM »
Arrgghh, the state of suspense, waiting for something to happen. Best of luck to you and try to take your mind off things for a bit if you can... watch some bad movies, clean the house, go for a run. Am sending good thoughts your way.

Offline Shortbus

• View Profile
Redcliffer
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2005, 04:30:00 PM »
Im the only one that wants to know the joke?? I hope the answer isnt what I think it is........

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Redcliffer
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2005, 05:42:00 PM »
Um... something bad? I dont know, tell us!!!
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Redcliffer
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2005, 10:45:00 PM »
Okay TSW, three's a charm. Let it rip.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Redcliffer
« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2005, 11:42:00 AM »
Not a friend; What happened with your attorney? What did he/she advise about getting your son out of this place?

• View Profile
Redcliffer
« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2005, 09:32:00 PM »
I am sad (understatement) to report that we have NO legal recourse.  As long as the mother signed along with the sicko-wannabe-father, there is nothing we can do.  Redcliff has a MORAL obligation in this, but not a legal one.  And moral doesn't count in anyone's book but ours, and maybe with parents who are considering signing away their own parental rights away to Redcliff. The fact that the child's psychologist determined this was unwarranted, and could be counter-productive (and has proven to be so)is not something Redcliff has a legal obligation to recognize.  As long as someone signs and pays, that's all they need.  We learned that we DO, in fact, have to go to Utah and get a court order to make anything happen.....to even get the records that the NH court says he is entitled to.  Geez, if we only had a couple of months to screw around with this legal stuff, while a child suffers. What a haven Utah is for the Wilderness Therapy Business. This is Day 33 for the boy.  Nobody gives a rat's behind what he is going through.

I have been in contact with a lot of news agencies about this....radio, TV and newspapers...and it will be exposed.

Okay, I'm mad at the world right now.  But I am NOT without resources.  I WILL FIND A WAY to make sure this child has not suffered in vain.  I know, that sounds melodramatic.  Bear with me.  I'm furious, and I'm worried.  An innocent 15 year old child has been shat upon in the worst possible way by his own MOTHER (and sadly she has the legal right to call herself a MOTHER), and we have no recourse.  The courts are heartless.  His mother is heartless and disturbed.  

Now his "mother" says she is going to spring him on the 2nd of September.  Why?  Because that's all his school is willing to allow...beyond that, they can't help him catch up, and he DOES have a minimum legal number of days to attend, even with a private Catholic School (we're not Catholic, he wasn't either.....his mother lied to the Priest to get him converted to assure his continued enrollment in Catholic School, while robbing his college fund to pay for it).  But if he stayed at Redcliff, with the unsatisfactory progress he is reluctantly making, they expect he would be there until late September, or early October before being graduation-worthy.

So, given that he is not going to be allowed to graduate and get the sense of satisfaction that MIGHT give him, why is he staying until the 2nd of September?  Wouldn't it make sense to pull him out now?  No. His "mother" (and each time I am using the term more and more loosely) has PLANS.  She has sailing events at the Yacht Club, and other plans with her boyfriend.  So he must remain in the desert, humiliated and angry.

Family members (hers!) have tried to get her to remove him before any more damage can be done, but she is adamant. She has plans, and she won't be denied her "party time" while her son is not in her "care".  In this case, this means while she flits about and the son's father sends her fat child support checks so she can feed her hairy live-in boyfriend.....while she has given her physical custody away to Redcliff Ascent. If nothing else, she's in for a surprise with regard to the child support.

I have a rhetorical question for anyone familiar with Utah law.  IF a therapist hears directly from a child that the child has been repeatedly exposed to (and possibly the victim of) violence, and is afraid for his (or her) own safety, is that therapist required by law to report it to the authorities? Just "curious".  Simply a rhetorical question.  Anyone know?

We are afraid that September 2nd, when he will be picked up by his "mother", will bring a family tragedy.  And our hands are tied.  

I will keep up my efforts to expose this situation so other parents won't mistakenly think they are somehow protected by having Legal Custody.  Yes, folks, a big business in Utah can take your child against his will, against YOUR will, and you have NO recourse.  They can simply refuse to acknowledge you exist, and refuse to acknowledge there is an authorization in the file that allows you to have information about your child (even if you fax them a copy of it), and refuse to acknowledge you have any custodial rights given by the court in your home state (where the child was BORN, and where the jurisdiction for custody lies).  It's NOT about the children.  It's about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
Redcliffer
« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2005, 09:53:00 PM »
I was really hoping I was wrong about the legal effect of those contracts. I agree with you personally and morally, that contracts being used to deny parents of their fundemental parental rights is a travesty and an outrage.....I am so sorry things did not go well....But I think your resolve to help expose the real effect of those contacts, that they strip parents of their rights, could be very valuable in helping to stop the "madness" as I call it....I will fully support you in that battle....

Other than that...I am at a total a loss as to what to say to give you comfort...I'm sure you are very upset and rightfully so... I'll keep you in my thoughts..... ::rainbow::
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
Redcliffer
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2005, 12:11:00 AM »
Hi again,

I am so sorry about the news from your attorney.

Did you call Alan Sevison, or Mr. Stettler?

This is outrageous!

I do hope this so-called "MOTHER" does not go the NEXT step that is very COMMON and enroll your son in some long-term "boarding school, treatment program."  That is usually the NEXT STEP.

My heart just breaks for you both--but your son will eventually know all the steps you took to try and get him out of there.

Hopefully--he will be out of that wilderness program soon.

THEN you can maybe begin the legal steps to get FULL legal custody of this boy...and have control of his well-being.

Let me know if our family can do anything to help.  I do feel your frustration and pain.

Side line: Our family is coming to your beautiful state for a "autumn vacation" the middle of October.  We adopted Zita from Romania--and we do not have "SEASONS" here in San Antonio, Texas...so we are coming there to show her the beautiful fall colors....and I have a great facination with covered bridges--so we will be enjoying the scenery for several days. We have never been to New Hampshire; and look forward to it.

Sincerely,
Joyce

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Redcliffer
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2005, 02:16:00 AM »
***As long as the mother signed along with the sicko-wannabe-father, there is nothing we can do.

That?s bullshit. They guy?s not even his stepdad.

***Redcliff has a MORAL obligation in this, but not a legal one.

They aren?t obligated to honor their own publicly stated policy on conflicts- ? Isn?t it fraud to say (sell) one thing and do another?

***And moral doesn't count in anyone's book but ours, and maybe with parents who are considering signing away their own parental rights away to Redcliff.

It doesn?t sound like the mother signed away her rights. She may have deferred to their policies in terms of contact with her son but she gets information from the program, the program (not the court) has granted her the ?right? to screen mail to an from the boy?s bio father, and she has the right to pull her son anytime she chooses. Sounds like she and her compadre signed away the father?s rights. That?s illegal. And perhaps your counsel isn?t viewing it that way because his next visitation isn?t until Xmas. But they are still violating his right to access his son?s records, and unnecessarily limiting contact by phone and mail

***We learned that we DO, in fact, have to go to Utah and get a court order to make anything happen.....to even get the records that the NH court says he is entitled to.

Why? What was the explanation, given that the NH court has jurisdiction over this child and the divorce decree?

***I have been in contact with a lot of news agencies about this....radio, TV and newspapers...and it will be exposed.

Please post anything that gets published.
Sounds like my ex and his mother have a lot in common. He pulled our son two months early when they attempted to deny a visit that was important to him.

***I have a rhetorical question for anyone familiar with Utah law. IF a therapist hears directly from a child that the child has been repeatedly exposed to (and possibly the victim of) violence, and is afraid for his (or her) own safety, is that therapist required by law to report it to the authorities? Just "curious". Simply a rhetorical question. Anyone know?

Yep, therapists are required to report when they suspect a child is being abused, as are doctors and any other professional the child comes in contact with.  But the mavericks in the industry seem to operate under their own ?ethics?. They most likely would consider any such claim to be ?manipulation? and ignore it.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Redcliffer
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2005, 07:17:00 AM »
***I have a rhetorical question for anyone familiar with Utah law. IF a therapist hears directly from a child that the child has been repeatedly exposed to (and possibly the victim of) violence, and is afraid for his (or her) own safety, is that therapist required by law to report it to the authorities? Just "curious". Simply a rhetorical question. Anyone know?

Yep, therapists are required to report when they suspect a child is being abused, as are doctors and any other professional the child comes in contact with. But the mavericks in the industry seem to operate under their own ?ethics?. They most likely would consider any such claim to be ?manipulation? and ignore it.

According to the A&E video, RedCliff Ascent forces kids to hike by twisting their joints in ways they are not supposed to go in order to cause the victim pain.

http://fornits.com/anonanon/video/RedCliff.ram

If they do not consider this child abuse then I wonder what they would consider abuse.

Perhaps you need to get a Utah lawyer involved to find out what your Utah rights are.  For a start, as Deborah has already pointed out, censoring or restricting mail between father and son is against Utah regs.