Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - got2bme

Pages: [1]
Human Guinea Pigs

Another psychiatrist in the saga is Denis Lazure, president of the Canadian Psychiatric Association in 1966.

From 1999 to 2001, Lazure headed the "Support Committee for Justice for the Duplessis Orphans" ? an effort that, according to Rod Vienneau, betrayed those it pretended to help. Vienneau compared Lazure's position on the committee to "a fox in the chicken coop."

In his memoirs, Medecin et Citoyen, published in 2002, Lazure wrote that in 1952, while interning at Hospice St. Jean de Dieu, a massive psychiatric facility in Montreal since renamed Louis-Hippolyte Lafontaine Hospital, he and five other interns regularly administered electroshock and routinely put patients into insulin comas.4

Lazure breezily described how he would "start the day pushing the button on the electrical box that sends a current to provoke an epileptic-type convulsion in tens of patients who hadn't received any preparatory medication."5

Then he was off to the insulin coma rooms, "half-lit, vile-smelling, with two dozen patients that we'd inject with doses of insulin strong enough to induce a coma. After several hours of excessive sedation, they'd receive a glucose injection, which usually brought them back to consciousness. It sometimes happened that we got the shock of a patient that failed to reawaken."

ever since my stay at Fair oaks Psych i have had flashback and nightmare of this 1 memory from fair oaks:
I remember waking up on a stretcher with an iv and the horrible smell and i could hardly breathe after catching my breath i screamed and cried what is this in me take it out and screamed then a (I assume doc) comes to me and tells me to shut up and if i don't he will pull my fingernails out 1 by 1

has anyone has had a memory like this? or i have really lost my mind I'm so confused

Daytop Village / Daytop almost killed me
« on: June 13, 2011, 07:04:07 PM »
I rarely write on message boards but i can't rest and need to make this post about my Daytop experience:

I was sent to daytop from a psychiatric institution i suffered depression all my life and did use drugs as a teen.
but when at daytop my depression went out of control when i was sent in for my 1st marathon group.
now i don't want to get too personal but i also endured severe child abuse since as far as i can remember.
the marathon they basically tried to rip me apart emotionally pressured me to talk of this abuse in a group of about 12
I didn't make it to the end of the marathon i became very distressed and was let out to see the only trained staff they had who was a social worker where she sat me in her office and told me they were sending me back to the psych hospital and that i would be in  an institution for the rest of my life.
after this i proceeded to put an end to my life and locked myself in the bathroom and attempted suicide by cutting my wrists. i loss a lot of blood and nearly died i cut my self so bad that i had to be put into surgery to get sewn back together and a blood transfusion. enough graphics and my point of this message was there response.
the next day after surgery i was visited by 2 daytop staff and signed out of ICU and taken and dropped on my mothers doorstep. I was only 16 and didn't care was glad to be home but years later i still am traumatized by this.
why did they not help me? why drop me off on my mothers doorstep?
I can only see 1 answer COVERUP!

Pages: [1]