Author Topic: Just a memory  (Read 1584 times)

Offline shaneunc

• View Profile
Just a memory
« on: November 12, 2002, 06:01:00 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 11:52:49 AM by shaneunc »

Offline kosmonaut

• View Profile
    • http://www.5minutestolive.com/qtGIMME.html
Just a memory
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2002, 07:16:00 PM »
Yeah and what about all the gas from people eating apples?  That wasn't much fun either.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
AR CRASH TURNS FROWN UPSIDE DOWN

Offline Don Smith

• View Profile
    • http://straightincalumni.com
Just a memory
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2002, 11:54:00 PM »
I remember my trek to the Group room on day one nearly 21 years ago. (It will be 21 years on the 28th)  I can still see Lisa, a girl I went to church with looking at me as if she was disappointed to see me there.  I can still see Dave Momper as he snarled at me when I made eye contact with him.  I remember the fake smiles from everyone as they shouted "HI DON, LOVE YA DON."  
I was lost on front row and was scared to death of what was going to happen from then on.  I remember feeling helpless the whole time I was in the St. Pete building.  I always felt like a zombie just trying to conform but never feeling like a part of the group.  That feeling didn't change until we come up to Ohio where I was on familiar turf.

Don
t\'s not for me to question How God will provide for my needs. I only have to Know that He will.

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
Just a memory
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2002, 11:32:00 PM »
Yeah, the group was supposed to be our "safe place" but it always felt horrible to see the building on Gandy and what it represented.
I also have a vivid memory of Atlanta program.  In the fall, when the leaves have fallen already, and the sky is grey and dark, I get a visceral chill deep inside still to today.  I remember the doors being opened for brief moments, and being able to glance for a moment out to the parking lot on Austell Rd.
4:30pm. Grey.  Nearly dark.  Disapointingly dead. No hope to escape.  Where is the sun.
I want to die.
The trees are dead for the winter, why can't I do that?
In the fall of 1982, some here may remember, I had not spoken in group for months.  My family was far away and allowed no contact with me for almost a year.  I was 15.  
I am now 36, and I still feel that same feeling every cloudy late fall day about 4-6 o'clock.
Thankfully, I got the stregnth to fake it off first phase and split the 5th and final time.
I still feel that chill now.
Bill
St Pete & Atlanta
12/80-12/82
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
Just a memory
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2003, 12:52:00 PM »
Yep, listing off all the drugs done too, that took a long time compared to most of the kids there. I suppose what triggers posting about this post so long ago is that there are still kids having that done to them right this minute.
People say, "get over" it well, my friends, foes, and any other people out there that read this, until that last program is CLOSED, there aint no "gettin over" it for me. The kids of today cannot "get over" it because they are still in these programs. Besides, for me, it is not an issue of "getting over" it. I was 21 when I went in, not a kid. It was much worse for kids, at least from my perspective having graduated from military school, I was a victim of hazing and that kind of bullshit. Regardless of that, in the program, I took a lickin and kept on tickin, 20 years later, I still take lickins and still keep on tickin! It has been mentioned a couple times before that there are people who wished there were others out there who would have come in and rescue them back then. Well, maybe now there is. Thank you to all the people who are making sure it happens and to all the people who  care!       ::cheers::

MG8 :smokin:

Offline the inmatte

• View Profile
Just a memory
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2003, 11:21:00 PM »
hey man nice shot.
i sat in the intake for 4 hours getting the damn thing done.fully knowing that the money me p's
where going to use to send me to military school had found its wat to str8.i had a butterfly un locked in me pocket and went though who's the shortest way to get out of the room and what would be on the other side of the door.even know that very instant instinct of fight or flight is probably more pronounced by what was to follow.
hardee's cold cheeseburger and fries as a special treat.could i have gotten in that much more shit had i followed that instinct of agression?
any how i knew it was what
1.would get me away from the p's
2.change  what ever was going on
3.wasent military school or realted to that
4.confirmed that the p's werent supportive of
  any thing i was going through as a 15 year old
well even me sis helped set it up.

"no more tears"
                    ozzman