Author Topic: Whine whine whine  (Read 8880 times)

Offline Elle

• View Profile
Whine whine whine
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2001, 11:28:33 PM »
Dogs
 It's deffinately possible for ex straight/straight based program staff to go out and form good programs. It's happened. But try to keep in mind the posting about AARC started from people in AARC like myself, and isn't only ex straight members who haven't been there.

Elle.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline 2dogs2

• View Profile
Whine whine whine
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2001, 04:28:46 PM »
K D  
Hey jaded,  Please read what I wrote again. maybe a few times.  I think you misunderstood me.  Actually you confirmed one point.

I wasted so much of my life already. I'm not going to do anything that is like bumping my head against a wall.  All I'm saying is that we both know that none of you will ever be heard in a legitimate way. There's already been too much one-sided slamming. It has taken the seriousness out of what is going on.  Why not do something actively possitive like talking to parents.  Hell why not make a flyer that says: Is your kid out of control? on drugs? call me . I might be able to help.  I've gone to the school in my town and talked to the counselors about being there if they needed any insight or if the parents needed someone to talk to.

You need not "get over" anything if you don't want to.  I talk about how bad it was all the time , but I reserve my rants for those who really understand , those who were there.  Parents that are scared are looking for answer not more questions. I don't pretend to know the answers. I know Straight or anything like it is WRONG WRONG WRONG but spend all your time spouting this and see how much it helps anything.   All of you are so full of energy to do something. Well do something that actually has results.

Please do assume that I would ever get behind Bush. With my first amendment in mind of course: I wish someone would  throw that A.S.S.H.O.L.E.  out of my country! .....DOGS

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Whine whine whine
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2001, 05:38:24 PM »
Dogs
  Ok I read it again. We are fighting a loosing battle but don't we have to say and do something anyway. I never even knew anyone was doing anything to stop these programs. When I was in Straight I was 15 after that I never even knew it closed. My Straight was in Mass. and I live in NY Until this November I never was aware of these websites or anything. So my point is really this is still so unbelievable that people are out there that even realize the way it was in there do you get me??? This is still unreal. I need to complain no one here (NY) can even believe that places like these exsist. I wish we could stop treatment programs all together, I personally think it is treating the symptom of the problem not the actually problem. I think parents need to be treated and not in that BS group setting so they can go home to their nice houses and T.V. type way.

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Whine whine whine
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2001, 09:14:06 PM »
Re: Dogs
Forgive me if I'm a little cynical about a kinder, gentler Program. Straight started out with the idea of replacing The Seed, St. Pete with a new program incorporating all of the good and none of the bad of The Seed. The result left much to be desired.

Any program that didn't incorporate the bad stuff wouldn't resemble the Program we know at all. Take away the coercion, the shaming, the indignity and what have you got? A voluntary AA meeting? Aren't there enough of those?

Once a kid decides they're all grown up and not going to heel to when their parents give direction, there's nothing you can do to control them. That's part of growing up; you take control of your own life and make your own decisions. Some kids take off too early for their own good or in an entirely bad direction and make a lot of needless mistakes. It's a heartbreak; trust me on this one, I know from firsthand experience. I'd be lying if I said I'm never tempted to somehow take over my daughter's autonomy and just force her to do something different. But I know from firsthand experience how devistating that can be and how futile.

And this is nothing new. For all of recorded history, there have been prodigal sons and daughters. The idea that we're facing some kind of new threat with 'kids taday' is nothing but fear mongering. If you want to help parents who's kids are going through a difficult transition to adulthood, just remind them that this too will pass. It may be tempting to "do something" because they're scared. But there is nothing you can do beyond offering unconditional love and faith without introducing a whole new set of risks, very likely worse than what they're exposing themselves to on their own.

-If there's a worse idea going than locking kids up for victimless crimes, it's probably locking them in close proximity to some tyrannical altruist bent on helping them even if it kills them.
http://fornits.com/anonanon/'>Anonymity Anonymous

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline 2dogs2

• View Profile
Whine whine whine
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2001, 01:53:15 AM »
Fair enough
 I still think I have a pretty good point or two , but fair enough my friends.

While we are on the subject , what do you say to parents who's kids are doing things that could put the parents in jail or have dealers kicking in thier doors?  The S.H.I.T. we went through was wrong without a doubt , but what do you do? I mean if you are a screwed-up parent who doesn't understand what unconditional love is (like Pablo)?  I hate that my parents couldn't help me even more than what happened to me in straight.

P.S. thanks for keeping it civil G. & others.....Dogs

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Whine whine whine
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2001, 03:23:30 PM »
Re: Fair enough
I think you have a pretty good point or two too. There are better ways to do things, and I'm especially interested in them these days. I didn't have great role models and I'm sure I've made some of the same mistakes along with new and interesting ones. Hindsight being what it is, one thing I would recomend to someone who's at odds with their kids is to avoid brinksmanship. I have been threatened with jail and violence by my daughter's psycho boyfriend. Believe me, I feel betrayed by the fact that she's helping him do it to us. We're not the only ones, either. She has no contact with anyone she had been friends with before she started going out with him.

The guy's basically just like her father, who I left before she was a year old. It took me awhile to finally get wise to what was going on there, but eventually I did. That kid is at least as smart as I am and about twice as canny. If there's anything I regret, it has been giving her a lot of unsolicited advice for some years after she quit wanting it. It'll be a long time now before she asks for any... probably a long while after she's done trying to prove me wrong about psycho boy. I sure wish I'd have kept my mouth shut more when I was angry. I might have had a chance to say something when I'd had time to think.

-If there's a worse idea going than locking kids up for victimless crimes, it's probably locking them in close proximity to some tyrannical altruist bent on helping them even if it kills them.
http://fornits.com/anonanon/'>Anonymity Anonymous

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Whine whine whine
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2001, 09:08:00 PM »
Here's a reasonable faccimilie of the infamous flyer. Note the total absence of any information that might identify which abusive addiction treatment center to which it might be refering? If AARC doesn't fit the hand-bill, what the hell are you people whining about?

MIND CONTROL

• Do you know of an ABUSIVE ADDICTION TREATMENT centre?
  • Has someone been ?PROGRAMMED??
  • Do you know of civil rights violations, such as UNLAWFUL RESTRAINTS or other abuse?
  • Is there ?BRAINWASHING? going on?
  • Do you know of someone who has been FALSELY LABELLED
    as ?drug addicted? or something else?

1-866-34-ABUSE

ABUSE

1-866-34-ABUSE

ABUSE

1-866-34-ABUSE

ABUSE

1-866-34-ABUSE

[ This Message was edited by: Antigen on 2001-12-24 18:17 ]

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
Whine whine whine
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2002, 08:59:00 AM »
Strange how they don't have a website to go to, most everyone now with some creditablity has a website
usan Minns

Offline jrstraight

• View Profile
Whine whine whine
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2002, 01:09:00 PM »
I am looking for positive experiences from rehab facilities as well as negative ones. Here is my form letter:

Dear Friends and neighbors,
   Let me begin by saying that I am a filmmaker living in Chicago. I have worked in many capacities on small films, large films and TV shows. That being said, let me backtrack.
   My girlfriend and myself both have sisters who are veterans of such ?programs?. My sister was in Kids Helping Kids in Northern Kentucky. My Girlfriend?s sister was in ?Straight? in Washington DC (or Virginia).
   I feel I don?t have to go into all of the ramifications the experience has had on our families. Suffice it to say that while I have been reading the posts on this website (http://fornits.com/anonanon/sidetalk/)
I have come across things that shocked me and things that also sounded very familiar. I can say that panic attacks, mistrust and paranoia are things that our sisters deal with on a daily basis. I feel like I lost the person who was my sister a long time ago.
   Recently, a lot of the problems facing my sister have come to a head. Things are getting pretty bad. That is what led me to the website. So I?m sitting there, late at night, wading through endless posts - unable to stop reading. That was the genesis of this open letter.
   I feel like humans are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past. The only thing we can do is try to look at things that happened in the past - things done in certain political climates - things done in the heat of passion - and try to learn from them. We must always try to get at the truth, however elusive it might be.
   I have decided to send this letter to many of you whom I encountered on the website. I?ve decided that I might put together another forum: a long form documentary film about these issues. I realize that there are so many of you who would rather retain your anonymity. For this I cannot blame you one bit. I will say, however, if not you, who? If not now, when? This is your chance to let your voice be heard over the most powerful medium in the world: moving pictures with sound. I will not be seeking corporate sponsors for this project, nor will I be seeking network affiliation. This will be a true labor of love, funded out of my own pocket - a tithe, if you will, to humanity.

If you are a ?graduate? of the program or a family member of anyone involved I would be very interested in working with you on this project. I am looking for experiences both positive and negative. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
JR
[email protected]

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
Whine whine whine
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2002, 08:15:00 AM »
That program isn't fit for man or beast.. I am still sensitive to the sun to this day and I don't like going outside!
I used to love the sun and would spend a lot of time outdoors until Straight.

Your right on most people only drinking on occassion or smoking pot a few times.. myself I did cocaine once and it was put into a joint.. but it really f*cked me up so badly that I thought I was going to die!

I was in Plymouth MI for 7 months.. but anytime spent at Straight can really screw someone up for life with the memories and thoughts of what went on.

There were at least 5 people I knew in Straight that never touched anything, and soon after they were put in their parents came and got them.. heck, one of the kids that got pulled out thought it was a recovery for people with divorced parents! They never knew it was a messed up drug rehab.

The only good thing I can say are 2 things.. I am now off of drugs (for 12 years running) and also my parifial vision is excellent for driving because of watching newcomers part of my program.. lol.. other than that.. I find nothing good that this place has offered me
usan Minns

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Whine whine whine
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2003, 09:12:00 PM »
I just came back four days ago. I was a trainee at one time. 1985 St. Petersberg.

I don't know about the aarc. And you sure as hell don't know about STRAIGHT. i REMEMBER YOUR ASS IN GROUP, KISS ALL THAT ASS BOY. Smiling like a happy faggot ready to destroy. Pick me, Pick me.
I love to destroy. Tell all or pay with your soul.
Be like me. BLIND, WEAK , COLD , DESTROYER , CONTROLER , "DEDCEIVED".

YOU ARE THE SEED. DON'T YOU SEE truth teller.

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Whine whine whine
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2003, 10:56:00 PM »

On 0000-00-00 00:00:00, gr8ful2aarc wrote:
"I remember how hard it was back then and I am so grateful to how far AARC has grown and changed.
I believe in AARC 100% and I will admit somethings in the old days weren't right but AARC has grown and changed a lot and they keep getting better as they go along.I have been clean,sober and living an absolutely wonderful since I went through AARC and many years since.Thanks for keeping an open mind!

Listen to you, trying to convince yourself! You sound like you're reading from a cue-card.

Who has their degree, in child psychology, ready to scan and post via e-mail? Psychiatry degrees anyone? Did any of you get dergees before jumping on the band wagon? Or were you just, in one way or another, sold on the delusion of a miracle, you want to believe in so patheticlly yourselves?

Where are your credentials all of you AARC defenders? You have none. From the top all the way down. None. Serenity my ass. You are frauds. Congratulations on being so brainwashed that you have yourselves brainwashed too!
 It's like a religion with mad cow desease, AKA cultism.
Bovine frauds. Preaching like saviours, in the name of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Pathetic, sad excuses for human beings.
Don't you people have minds of your own? Only guilt, fear or greed keeps people lying like this.
How about some credibility?

[ This Message was edited by: Morli on 2003-03-13 20:02 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Whine whine whine
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2009, 01:40:49 PM »
They strayed away from a lot of the KIDS ways of doing things.AARC has found its own methods of helping the teens in a very positive loving way.

Positive?
Loving?

Spitting in their face
Pushing them off a chair
Throwing chairs/other things at them
Screaming in their face
Denying them medical, dental and proper mental health care
Working them to exhaustion and/or 2 hours sleep a night
Sleeping in other client's used bedding
Keeping them out of school while collecting funds from the School Board for their education
Wearing filthy clothing
Tackling them if they try to leave
Tricking them/Ambushing them into treatment in the first place
Public displays of humiliation

And my personal favorite, leaving new clients in the direct care of other clients who are capable of this:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columb ... woman.html

http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Alberta/200 ... 12395.html

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/archive/in ... 11557.html

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2009, 03:53:13 AM »
Come on everybody being brainwashed is fun and great cause AARC says so! Just cause AARC is not perfect in forcing non-addicts to stay in addictions program does not mean anything is wrong.... I mean AARC does a great job of addressing any criticism but calling everybody who questions them liars or individuals easily fooled by addicts.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2009, 07:30:38 AM »
sorry for the italics and disabled buttons, guys. i'm not sure what is going on here.  Gonna try to fix.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)