Author Topic: ellen...very questionable  (Read 2482 times)

Offline clairem

• View Profile
ellen...very questionable
« on: May 19, 2005, 10:40:00 PM »
okay, maybe ellen turned out to be agood guy after all, but my memory of her is that she was very sick as well. she actually was the cause of a lot of my misery.  I have asthma, not so much any more, and even if my attacks were emtional, there is a simple fact, I couldn't fucking breathe. period. and when this happened, when I would think I was going to die because the damn lungs just couldn't suck anymore, I was screamed at and sworn at...while wondering if I was going to live, desperate for air, she was screaming that I was the cause of problems and to get my ass moving.  Sorry, I kind of dont' like the woman, and 94-96'ers, remember three hour exercise.  after that day, I couldn't physically step down stairs, my muscles were so trashed I had to scoot on my toosh or I would fall. and as we were increasingly more tired, we had to sprint hills in better times, doesn't make much sense. in fact, when three hour exercise was ever threatened, I was the only one that would burst into tears only because I knew I wouldn't be able to breathe and that would only get people in more trouble. god this hard! need to sign out....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 11:03:00 AM »
Claire,

Ellen Mills was there when you were there?
I thought she left before I left?  You talking woman with black hair, kind of big boned?

kat
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline jenf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 02:48:00 PM »
no, ellen was there the whole time we were there (94-96)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 06:04:00 PM »
Damn, claire I didn't know you had asthma. that sucks. But even the girls that they knew had asthma were not allowed to use heir inhaler, and they had to "keep movin" like you say. It was crazy. And I remember the 3 hour excercise, which happened more than onc, and actually included the 6 hour exercise day. Fucked up. It was like intense miniintervention. Didn't that happen because the new girl (margaret from mormon state) couldn't keep up after a whole week of being there?
Carolina

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 03:43:00 AM »
Damn these people are sicker than I thought. Not allowing you girls to use your inhalers? What was the point of that? Do you remember? I know it's been a while but it would be good to know what their rationalization was for not allowing you to use the very thing that could save your life, in some instances.

In fact, recently a boy died in a facility because he was restrained for an hour and a half and though he begged for his inhaler they would not give it to him. He died. 14 years old! This was about two weeks ago or so.

I guess I just don't get why they would treat you like that. This is medical and could be life-threatening. Unbelievable!

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2005, 11:11:00 AM »
One girl asthma ceased while I was there ('92), so I think that set the precident that girls can get 'over it' and that asthma is more a psychological problem.  Again, lack of qualifications...
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 06:22:00 PM »
Oh my GOSH
CLAIRE, JEN, CAROLINA!!!
Hey its betsy.
Yeah 3 hour exercises....those were a bitch. Claire i remember you getting so scared when they would talk about it.
How is everyone?? Anyone going to the reunion???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 04:57:00 PM »
actually ellen mills was still around in 97...i attended 97-99 and remember her quite well.