Author Topic: Ivy Ridge/WWASPS Sensationalized News Reports  (Read 7109 times)

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Ivy Ridge/WWASPS Sensationalized News Reports
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2006, 09:00:00 PM »
To the brother of the AIR girl. i am not necessarily of the school that believes the all families who send their kids away are abusive or unloving either, I think some want the best for the kid. But the amount of complaints are pretty numerous and severe for a programme that saves lives and rebuilds families!
Also i dont know if you aware of just how difficult it is to not speak for extended periods of time! Once when i was a student i went on some hippy wilderness silent retreat for 1 WEEKEND! no reading or distractions were allowed. Though it was voluntary, I found it extremely intense and mentally challenging By sunday night I could not wait to get out.
To a kid who is in a foreign environment without family or friends or anything familiar to them at all it who is in a school which takes everything comforting away because apparnetly they have been such a burden to their loved ones that they deserve nothing (this is the angle the MR website pushes and it takes 8 year olds) I can only imagine that the silence on top of everything else could potentially push a fragile kid over the edge. Your mother may have meant well & your sister may now toe the line so that she does not have to go back but what about the kids that dont get that lucky? What about the kids who are damaged because of it? should WWASP not be able to answer questions from the media?
Also why is it that many of the answers on the WWASPS rebuttal site claim that kids are lying about these thing when even pro WWASP kids and parents have admitted that they dont get to communicate freely "at first"? Both things can not be true.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen