Author Topic: GIRLS HARMED BY MMS LOOKING FOR SUPPORT  (Read 2728 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GIRLS HARMED BY MMS LOOKING FOR SUPPORT
« on: May 19, 2005, 06:49:00 PM »
That's what this forum was about in the first place!! So, be more sensitive, please.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 07:36:00 PM »
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 09:23:00 AM »
Thank you thank you...!!!  :wave:

Offline waggytail_lickydog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 04:49:00 PM »
hey guys... i would like some support with all this.  reading some of the things on this site, as well as posting my own messages and talking to my friends from mms have really brought up emotions that i have kept inside since i left.  i feel like there is no longer a purpose in my life.  i am no longer happy with things i used to love.  mms took so much out of me and i dont know if or how i can get it back.  someone please help...
-kim
im C.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 02:02:00 AM »
This is for Waggytail_lickydog,
I understand exactly how u feel. It's hard to find people in our situation (or those who have ever felt the way we have during and after our experiences at Mission Mountain.) Especially for someone like you, whos left MMS more-recently. After leaving MMS, the best thing I could do for myself was use the good & bad "learning experiences" as tools to make my life the way I wanted it to be. (I tried to ignoring all MMS lessons that were bad.) One of the amazing things about our 2+/- years at MMS is we come back with a fresh start. It took me some time, but finally I established small goals & standards (and boundaries) for my family, school, work, and relationships. Then, to the best of my ability, I set-up my life routine to lead towards those goals. For months after leaving MMS, I felt like an emotional rollercoaster. I went to the extreme of feeling weird & worthless, to enlightened & powerful. I avoided putting myself in situations where I felt bad about myself. I had my share of mistakes (& major mistakes) which only contributed to me feeling like a bad person. If I learned from mistakes then I took the outcomes and lessons and forgot the rest.

When I was at my lowest points I tried not to analyze everything around me or everything I learned from MMS. I slowed down and did the basics in life. I excersized, engaged myself in simple pleasures, and organized the things around that I could control. That worked for me, but won't necessarily work for others.

As I am re-reading this I made it sound so easy. My no-means was it easy. I am only pointing out the simple things that worked. If you ever want to chat, let me know. I would be more than happy to give you my contact info.

:smile:

Offline sooner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 11:10:00 PM »
One thought I have is that it might help to read some of Goodtobefree's postings..click on Hot Topics.... under Relationships I think....he's been through a lot and shares how it is, and some of the things he does for help...also a new kind of therapy which helps him a lot....and how to choose a good therapist....he's seen a lot of bad ones in his time! check it out! and hang in there....I'm gonna ask my friends to pray for you....life can be wonderful, but it can also be very, very hard, I know....I'll be thinking of you....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 10:28:00 AM »
This is for "waggytail_lickydog". Please check your private messages.