Author Topic: Cedu ruined good music  (Read 17630 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2005, 01:24:00 PM »
I'm just really suspicious of people who think profit is necessarily bad---why should it be if it is come by in honorable ways and someone is paid a fair amount for a service or commodity.

There may be tax or other reasons to choose profit versus non-profit or the other way around, but to slam the concept of profit just sounds like some old lefty who's sorry the 60's are over and the Soviet Union is no more.

If somebody hate capitalism so much (it is based on the ability to make a profit you know) well, there's still always Cuba--- at least until old Fidel is six feet under and the world moves forward there too
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline If u want to know..then a

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2005, 01:45:00 PM »
I don't think I am slamming profit organizations.  I mean, I work for one.  But the trick is the person, or persons running that organization.  The more profitable CEDU became, as far as the parents are concerned, the less they cared about the kids that they were "helping".  It seemed like they forgot that the kids were the whole reason why they were making that money.  It is the same with the business I am in.  Not everyone I work with is working in the industry because it makes them a more complete person or because they really care about what they do, they work here to get a paycheck.  OF course there is nothing wrong with getting paid (I will be the first to say that), but these people that are ONLY worried about the profit; forgeting about helping their clients.  They try to pull the wool over their eyes and make more and more off of them.  That is my opinion of why people are skeptical of "profit" organizations.  In turn, there are non profit organizations that push the fact that they are non profit to get higher "donations".  I actually watched a young girl in Planned Parenthood come out from having a "free" pregnancy test and the receptionist would not let her go without a cash donation!  So it can go either way.  However, it is easier to shut down a "non profit" organizations by not respecting their clients than to shut down a "profit" organization for simply not caring!

Offline Tonkatsu

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2005, 02:59:00 PM »
Hey, "anon".  What's with the recurring refernces to Communism, etc? It's getting old and rather offensive.  Is it simply your attempt to be humorous?  OK  haha...let's move on.

I do not "slam capitalism".  I'm just suggesting with the track record of the existing and former "for profit" schools, perhaps it's worth considering a "not for profit" whose motivation is certainly more clear.  Yes, there are "not for profits" that have not always acted above board, but those are the exceptions.

And yes, I'm an old(not so)"lefty" who is sorry that the 60's are over, but, no, I don't miss the Soviet Union. And yes, I believe in getting a paycheck.  I even get a fairly nice one. Are you on some kind of "Commie hunt". I think you need update to a new enemy.  It seems that you're the one whose missing the "Comrades".  No one to rag on.  Can you say "McCarthyism"??

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #138 on: June 14, 2005, 04:04:00 PM »
Haha, now THAT, I find to be weird.

Personally, words don't offend me that much--and unless you were posting as an anon yourself Tonkatsu, I've never used the word "communism" in communication with you. Generally I pick my own vocabulary, though, so you may read it here again. Hope you can adjust.  

I mean you can't expect me to observe a life-time ban because you don't like the word?? Can you??

And btw if you want to start tossing out some old tired buzz words such as McCarthyism, go for it, it's all just stick and stones to me.

What does offend me, more than words ever could, is disingenuous lefties (don't know if you're one of them) who want to pretend---now that their movement is pretty much past history---that they really are just moderate people, trying to be fair or something along innocuous lines like that.

Hell, to hear them tell it now they never wanted to force their collective will on anyone or soak the rich.  Why, they don't really hate capitalism or even profit (although not-for profit is so-o-o much more correct!!) to here theme talk these days.  

Sound familiar?

Offline Tonkatsu

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2005, 04:32:00 PM »
I didn't come here to argue with you...just to express my opinion, which has been expressed, so I bid you "adieu".  Have a happy life.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2005, 05:41:00 PM »
I mean that's your point isn't it?  

Adieu to you too, T-su.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2005, 06:41:00 PM »
On 2005-05-28 07:57:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Sonny boy---how are YOU managing to get laid--not enough maybe?---since getting some is obviously so urgent to you that you suggest it for just about everyone who posts here and disagrees with you  

And you're here a helluva lot yourself for someone with an active (pretend?)social life---but maybe you and your honey are so-o-o high all the time that sex ain't a priority.

BTW I'm not the "parent" (am a parent though), I just happened to agree with him/her.  

The post you comment on in your latest rant is MINE

"

Ottawa again.  Just wanted to point that out...
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2005, 06:43:00 PM »
On 2005-05-30 04:33:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Sounds like dniceo7 can dish it out but not take it so good, a typical fornit's bully-boy-wannabe with the usual feet of clay (and a full diaper a whole lot of the time)

Listen "little d", YOU'RE the one who started this-- mouthing off at me for no reason--acting like the little prick you are-trying to be a bad ass flamer---telling people they needed to get laid if they didn't salute your party line about your god given right to  name innocent people here at your infantile often incorrect whim

You say you're "not interested" in what I have to say??? Isn't that a fucking shame, maybe you should have thought of that when you took off after people for no reason but that you're a brat with an attitude

Thanks for the advice but I"ll respond if I want to--how about that? And you can read my responses or ignore them, that's your choice

And if you continue to act like a spoiled immature selfish prick I'll continue to point it out whenever I like"

And again, with the same old, hackneyed b.s.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2005, 08:25:00 PM »
Are you kidding? That was someone's Mom trying to talk shit to me? That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. Someone hook this lady up with some meds fast. She's completely lost it.
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #144 on: September 24, 2005, 08:10:00 AM »
On 2005-09-22 17:25:00, dniceo7 wrote:

"Are you kidding? That was someone's Mom trying to talk shit to me? That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. Someone hook this lady up with some meds fast. She's completely lost it. "

No, not kidding.  This is the MOM.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control