Author Topic: Peninsula Village  (Read 45353 times)

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Peninsula Village
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2006, 01:38:31 PM »
Case results

One of two 13-year-old boys charged with conspiracy was listed among Hawranke?s friends, but the court papers do not show any online communications between them. Hawranke, Newsom and the 13-year-old eighth-graders at Jack Jouett Middle School were convicted in juvenile court of conspiracy to commit murder and conspiracy to use an explosive device to blow up a school.

One of the middle-schoolers, now 14 and a freshman at Albemarle, was acquitted on appeal.

Newsom entered an Alford plea to the original, lesser charge of communicating a threat and Judge Paul M. Peatross Jr. agreed to defer disposition in his case, meaning that if he remains on good behavior, the charges could be dropped.

An Alford plea allows a defendant to acknowledge that there is enough evidence for a conviction without admitting guilt.

Hawranke also entered an Alford plea on the charges of conspiring to commit murder and conspiracy to use an explosive device to destroy a schoolhouse.

After serving seven months in juvenile detention, Hawranke is now being treated just outside of Knoxville, Tenn., at Peninsula Village, a home for troubled youth.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/servlet/Sa ... path=!news
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Peninsula Village
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2006, 02:12:06 PM »
He's gonna be lethal when he gets out of there.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
Peninsula Village
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2006, 02:44:40 PM »
From Peninsula Village's New and Improved Home Page

Exclusionary Criteria
Peninsula Village is unable to help every adolescent. Some problems that we cannot treat are:

Intelligence below the average range (Full Scale IQ below 90)
History of fire setting and pyromania
Sexual Offenders / Sexual Disorders
History of chronic/severe physical aggression including use of weapons
Physical or medical condition that would hinder participation in vigorous, outdoor activities (diabetes, epilepsy)
Homicidal intent at time of admission
Psychotic Disorders

Pregnancy (females)
Impairment resulting from traumatic brain injury / Neuro-psychiatric issues
Eating disorders that are not medically stable

PV takes liberties with the admission policy.  Thanks, Deborah.  You've reminded me of two other stories needed here.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Peninsula Village
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2006, 03:07:01 PM »
Yeah, I should probably talk about the dead girl again.

I'm not going to waste another reply on the dipshit parent, only to say that we do know that PV directly or indirectly killed her, because it wouldn't make sense for the (ex-?) staffer to "make a difference" otherwise.

I will, however, give a message to everyone else on this forum: It's impossible to disrespect the girl. She's dead. No matter what I type on this forum, she's not going to read it. No matter what happens on Earth, she's not going to be around to experience it. Her soul, should it persist, is in the hands of things we do not understand. That's what being dead means. Grab a dictionary.

I'll also leave a message for her parents and everyone else involved in her 'stay' at PV:

Isn't it so much better having a dead girl than a living one?

I mean, a living girl might give you shit. She might tell you things you don't want to hear. She might have hormonal episodes, say strange things, 'act out' regularly. And now she's not going to do any of those things, ever again. Isn't that, in the end, what you really wanted? You didn't have to bother sending her to PV, you know. You could have just, oh, poisoned her yourselves. Much quicker, and far less expensive.

And, at the same time, you all get to say things like "we did all we could for her" and "we tried, oh we tried", and never run the risk of her contradicting you. And you still get to do the deadorinjail schtick, even though she's dead anyway, and she probably wouldn't have been if you hadn't incarcerated her. Great, isn't it?

You think I care if you call me names? I'm the Milk Gargling Death Penalty. Even my fictional characters are nasty. I'm a monster, and I don't give a good happy fuck. I'm too busy going after assclowns like you who want dead children and can't bring themselves to admit it.

In my opinion, this whole business of using your daughter's corpse for your, and the "counselors"', personal enjoyment can be accomplished in a more direct, visceral way.

So, again, I ask:

Why not just fuck the body and call it good?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Peninsula Village
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2006, 03:55:14 PM »
You know, MGDP, many of your other posts have been very thought-provoking and helpful. I appreciate and respect that you use a lot of your time and energy trying to shut down abusive programs and/or help otherwise clueless parents to make better decisions about their kids. But the disrespect you've shown here for a young woman that has died, and your lack of empathy for her loved ones is really disappointing. I don't expect you to care one bit what I think, and maybe her parents do or don't deserve any empathy, I don't know. But the girl...this girl whose life was cut short at such a young age? I just don't think it's right to diss her this way.

There is a lot of valuable info and diverse opinions and experiences shared on Fornits, and lots of parents come here to get that point of view. It is threads like this that make some of them say the kinds of things they do about Fornits on ST. Driving those parents away from Fornits with really disgusting imagery is not helping their kids in the least.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Peninsula Village
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2006, 04:24:31 PM »
Did you intentionally miss my point? She can't be disrespected anymore. No matter what shit flows her way now, she's not there to receive it. It's that whole "being dead" thing.

Not like all the other girls, just like her except they happen to still be breathing, getting injected with Thorazine and being forced to say things about each other and being jumped on by five large staffers at a time and then straitjacketed by someone with a fetishistic interest in the subject, and a whole slew of other inhumanities, in Peninsula Village and similar abuses in programs around the world, over and over and over again. And there's lots of sarcastic comments about that on this board.

Her "loved ones" (and if she had any, they're the people she mistakenly loved, as they sure as shit didn't care too much about her) sent her there, thus they deserve no respect at all. This all reminds me of the classic definition of Chutzpah, only in reverse.

You wanna know why I have the name I do? Little Angelika Arndt, seven years old, was jumped on, put into a "restraint hold" for an hour and thus brutally murdered, for the crime of- yes, it's real- gargling milk. She didn't have any real parents; her foster parents were the ones who sent her to die. Other than the usual, canned outrage, nobody really cared. What's another dead kid? We've got plenty, and the programs make more and more on a regular basis. Maybe they can lower prices by selling some Soylent Green on eBay.

As for all the other program parents reading this, they can eat shit. You want me and my characters to stop making sardonic one-liners when children die?

THEN STOP MURDERING CHILDREN.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Peninsula Village
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2006, 04:30:37 PM »
Don't expect them to be consistent, Zen. If you've read the passworded Tranquility Bay documents, you'll see similar bullshit in their "Zero Tolerance Policy".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Peninsula Village
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2006, 10:21:07 PM »
The Board would not be pleased if revenue growth targets were missed due to minor nuisances like psychotic disorders, homicidal intent or past history of aggression or use of weapons. Management's jobs -- or at least their annual bonuses -- could be at stake if the Board was not pleased with revenue growth or margin on sales. This is, after all, a for-profit business -- not some do-gooder charity organization!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Peninsula Village
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2006, 09:47:56 AM »
Why do they advertise as a not for profit?

Offline Kreflo

• View Profile
Literally
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2006, 11:49:40 AM »
If all the e-coli stuff is true than this may be the case.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
Can't beat the man....
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2006, 08:38:26 PM »
IN THE COURT OF APPEALS OF TENNESSEE
EASTERN SECTION AT KNOXVILLE
SHEILA FAYE SMITH, ) KNOX CHANCERY
)
Plaintiff/Appellant ) NO. 03A01-9510-CH-00372
)
and ))
DIANE KINSEY, ))
Plaintiff/Appellant )
v. )
)
PENINSULA HOSPITAL, INC., )
THE LIGHTHOUSE TREATMENT )
CENTER, THE KESTNER GROUP, )
INC., and JAMES E. KESTNER, )
Individually ))
AFFIRMED
Defendants/Appellees )

(I'll cut to the chase)

The plaintiff Kinsey alleges she was ?retaliated against for making claims of
sex discrimination in violation of the Tennessee Human Rights Act,? and for
complaining about overloading the adolescent psychiatric program which she alleged
was in violation of the regulations promulgated by the Joint Commission on
Accreditation of Health Care Organizations and the State Department of Mental
Health.
The latter allegation prompted the filing of an affidavit of the defendant
Kestner, President of the defendant Kestner Groups, Inc. He deposed that (1) the
Lighthouse Treatment Center is not an entity, but merely a trade name, (2) it is
exempt from the requirement to obtain a Certificate of Need, (3) it is accredited by
the JCAHO, even though such accreditation was not required.

No justice there.  This was three years before the E. Coli outbreak .  Somebody tried to send up a warning that all was not well...
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Peninsula Village
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2006, 10:36:46 PM »
And that was considered the "good ole days" Yes?

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
Peninsula Village
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2006, 11:49:51 AM »
I guess, in the days before Covenant Health took over.  Jesus, I'm amazed at the number of administrators PV goes through.  The average admin. stays about two years.

Should kids with eating disorders be grouped together with wannabe Columbine kids?  It's been suggested kids in facilities like PV learn new and horrible behaviors from their peers in the program.  This kid was persuasive enough to get others to follow him.  Is a counselor with a GED capable of conducting therapy groups with this individual present?  I don't think his stay in JD was enough to curb his homicidal intent, and PV may be sorry they were greedy enough to take him in.  Parents with kids there should get them OUT, if they have the ability.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
get them out?
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2006, 03:02:59 PM »
Hella lot easier said than DONE

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Peninsula Village
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2006, 07:00:04 PM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""
Case results

One of two 13-year-old boys charged with conspiracy was listed among Hawranke?s friends, but the court papers do not show any online communications between them. Hawranke, Newsom and the 13-year-old eighth-graders at Jack Jouett Middle School were convicted in juvenile court of conspiracy to commit murder and conspiracy to use an explosive device to blow up a school.

One of the middle-schoolers, now 14 and a freshman at Albemarle, was acquitted on appeal.

Newsom entered an Alford plea to the original, lesser charge of communicating a threat and Judge Paul M. Peatross Jr. agreed to defer disposition in his case, meaning that if he remains on good behavior, the charges could be dropped.

An Alford plea allows a defendant to acknowledge that there is enough evidence for a conviction without admitting guilt.

Hawranke also entered an Alford plea on the charges of conspiring to commit murder and conspiracy to use an explosive device to destroy a schoolhouse.

After serving seven months in juvenile detention, Hawranke is now being treated just outside of Knoxville, Tenn., at Peninsula Village, a home for troubled youth.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/servlet/Sa ... path=!news

Interesting connections here. Follow the dotted line when questioning involvement in this conspiracy case. Perhaps the so called "missionary trips" to Uganda were to consult with the talking head of the Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea?

http://www.nationalreview.com/kopel/kop ... 080929.asp