Author Topic: Dumb Question  (Read 2286 times)

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Dumb Question
« on: December 01, 2001, 10:58:42 PM »
Dumb Question
Ok just a question. I was in Straight and have heard of the Seed ect... but what is AARC and where is it and what do the initials stand for?

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline The truth teller

• View Profile
Dumb Question
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2001, 02:22:08 PM »
shut up
god you know what really gets under my skin, someone who doesn't even know about AARC and you guys start trying to persuade them to start hating it right away! "AARC stands for the Alberta Adolescent Recovery Center, and its run by one of the ex-staff members at kids" like you call us brainwashers just look at what you guys do to unknowing people. And another thing, why do you think Dr. Vause left Kids, Hmmm, because he didn't agree with it, but saw that there were some points that could really work in a safer, less abusive environment.  

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
    • http://ficanetwork.net
Dumb Question
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2001, 02:26:29 PM »
ok, give me a reason to shut up
Let me ask you once again.  Show me a credible study that proves the eficacy of your AARC program.  If you can provide proof to back up what you are saying, I'd be more than happy to shut up about AARC.  Why are you so 'defensive'?  

Kathy

Kathy
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."    ~Plato

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Dumb Question
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2001, 05:25:22 PM »
What is your problem????
  When I don't know the answer to something I ask. I am so sorry that your rehab was not on my mind after 13 months in Straight. Also my comments are based on first, my time in Straight, what I have read about AARC and you proponents of the program who are just so scary and domineering. You tell us to stop complaining and yes some of us (here is a word you'll know) share about our experiences but why should I "shut up" because you don't like what I am saying. This is not group Freedom of Speech go to a I love my rehab chat room and talk. Or don't they like you. Sorry that I don't follow you protocol and pretend to know everything about everything and everybody. So now you don't talk about Straight because you weren't there,don't talk about people cause you don't understand them either obviously.That should cut down on your postings a lot. Anyone else have suggestions on what he should shut up about? Too bad we don't live in the same state I might recognize you by the I love AARC bumper sticker and the lack of people in your car. You do have a car right or did you donate it to the program.

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Dumb Question
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2001, 09:19:59 PM »
Re: shut up
Yeah, I know... That's the same pretense upon which Mel Sembler and Leon Sellers founded Straight, Inc; a kinder, gentler Seed. The trouble is, there's only one way to make someone change their behavior against their will; to break their will. And there simply isn't any kind, gentle way to do that. It's a completely brutal process no matter how you might try to dress it up.

So.... how come AARC doesn't have an open discussion forum for it's members and graduates?

-If there's a worse idea going than locking kids up for victimless crimes, it's probably locking them in close proximity to some tyrannical altruist bent on helping them even if it kills them.
http://fornits.com/anonanon/'>Anonymity Anonymous

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline velvet2000

• View Profile
Dumb Question
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2001, 07:24:15 AM »
Re: shut up
He left Kids of North New Jersey because his apprentice was finished, and then he quickly returned right to Kids of The Canadian West. Must not have disliked it too much then. Then social services stuck their noses in and the whole Kids of The Canada idea started to fall apart, so he thought of way to do it by himself. This is exactly how he told the story.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Dumb Question
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 04:59:52 AM »
Bump

:bump: