Author Topic: Involuntary Committment... Notice Any Similarities  (Read 17430 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Involuntary Committment... Notice Any Similarities
« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2006, 07:55:00 PM »
On 2006-03-20 14:42:00, Anonymous wrote:

"It's so sunny in southern california, why is a light necessary, why not just go outside?"

I don't think Paul was around today.

Just because someone had an personal experience
with something that worked for them, is that
any reason to drag that fucker's name into these
threads?

Look, we aren't getting anywhere since being tortured at school. Now we post on the internet.
We just vent, pick, vent, pick and on and on it goes.

As for at the question of why not go outside, I see that stupid question every time Deborah re-introduces his name when she gets frustrated.

Shit Deborah, his name, his photo, his address.
WTF, is this your old boyfriend that you cannot get over or something. This is a tired old chase your are on.

Now, if someone has a personal experience please don't be a afraid. You may get flamed, because the  10 or so regulars are quite the click. Unorganized, but clicky nevertheless.

Same rhetoric, over and over, ad nauseum.  

State some article, make a comment, get slammed, agree ... be called well researched. Shit, isn't anyone else sick of this crap.

Anyway, getting back to the dumb question everytime Deborah yearns for her lover, check out:

http://search.about.com/fullsearch.htm? ... %20therapy

Or next time, do the search yourself.

Deborah, get a life, or at least another ex-boyfriend to pick on.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2006, 08:12:00 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2006, 08:21:00 PM »
That is a weird statement, I assume it is true, or perhaps just written incorrectly.

How does the court give an order that is optional?

I didn't even know the courts could suggest treatment, perhaps they do in NY.

Courts are supposed to make rulings ...

I think the best thing for Sharon is to contact a civil rights group. Best would be one's experienced in mental health law.

But, the request would have to be made by either her, or whoever is in standing to act in her behalf.

If the state of New York has conserved her then I don't know what could be done.

The ACLU or one of those groups, perhaps that Bazelon.org that was just mentioned ???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2006, 09:11:00 PM »
On 2006-03-20 16:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"It's so sunny in southern california, why is a light necessary, why not just go outside?"

threads?

Look, we aren't getting anywhere since being tortured at school. Now we post on the internet.

As for at the question of why not go outside, I see that stupid question every time Deborah re-introduces his name when she gets frustrated.

WTF, is this your old boyfriend that you cannot get over or something. This is a tired old chase your are on.

Now, if someone has a personal experience please don't be a afraid. You may get flamed, because the  10 or so regulars are quite the click. Unorganized, but clicky nevertheless.

State some article, make a comment, get slammed, agree ... be called well researched. Shit, isn't anyone else sick of this crap.

Anyway, getting back to the dumb question everytime Deborah yearns for her lover, check out:

"

The person who posted this, you are paul, correct?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 20, 2006, 09:12:00 PM »

What 'school' were you abused at?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 20, 2006, 09:12:00 PM »
On 2006-03-20 16:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

threads?

"

Paul, if you don't like this website, why do you continue to return?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 20, 2006, 09:13:00 PM »
Aren't there any light therapy forums?  :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 20, 2006, 09:21:00 PM »

Meet Paul.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile

Offline PsyFie

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 22, 2006, 06:27:00 AM »
The following quote is from the "optional" (for the doctors) court order that allowed me to be forcibly medicated with dangerous mind-numbing chemicals for 13 days. I don't doubt that New York State's courts allow the same degree of "judgement" to doctors they give permission to apply electric current to a person's brain.

"That after considering all of the evidence, including the Petition and the expert, competent medical or psychiatric testemony, it appears to the Court that the allegations of the Petition are true and correct and are supported by clear and convincing evidence.  It is therefore determined that treatment with the proposed medication is in the best interest of the Patient and the Patient lacks the capacity to make a decision regarding administration of said medication and that the same shall be ordered.

"The Court relied on the following evidence: Testimony of Doctor; Testimony of Patient, and makes its determination for the following reasons: Good Prognosis with meds; Poor Prognosis w/o Meds; Lack of non-medicine treatment alternative.

"Accordingly it is ORDERED persuant to Texas Health and Safety Code, Sec. 574.106, that Doctor [PG] and the [Hospital Name] is authorized to administer to the Patient the following class(es) of psychoactive medication: antidepressants, antipsychotics, anxiolytics/sedatives/hypnotics, and mood stabilizers.

"It is also ORDERED that during the period this Order is valid, the dosage of the herein authorized psychoactive medication can be increased or decreased, and restitution of of medication authorized but discontinued and the substitution of a medication within the same class(es) are permitted."

This judgement was given 28 days after a doctor wrote a "Petition for an Order to Administer Psychoactive Medication,? and 18 days after that same doctor had discharged me from the hospital.  In her "Discharge Summary" she stated that, at that time (UN-medicated), I demonstrated ?an adequate sleep pattern and appetite, improved thought processing, less irritability, no threatening behaviors, no psychosis, and no suicidal or homicidal ideation.?

As to the previous writer's recommendation that Sharon find a Civil Rights attorney -- Good Luck!  I've been trying for over two years.  The stigma for persons labeled by others as "crazy" apparently extends even to the legal profession.  [ This Message was edited by: PsyFie on 2006-03-22 03:29 ]
All restraints upon man\'s natural liberty, not necessary for the simple maintenance of justice, are of the nature of slavery, and differ from each other only in degree.\" -Lysander Spooner, lawyer (1808-1887)

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 23, 2006, 02:51:00 PM »
Back to Sharon:

Thank you all for the overwhelming support for a just caouse. I do apologize for not having kept you updated faster... thsi last days have been overwhelming fighting at many fronts at the same time. But we are learning and getting stronger by the day.

Here goes a brief update:

1. Sharon Naji is still inside St. Vincet's Catholic Medical Center Psychiatric Ward , being held against her will, so please keep the
pressure by calling the Hospital Executive Director and complain about her illegal detention. Call St. Vincent Hospital at 212-604-7000 & ask to speak to Leonard Walsh, its Executive Director and demand her freedom.

2. She has been repeatelly beaten and has been forcelly medicated on a daily basis. She was very afraid even for her very survival. When I
visited her, she coulld barely walk and was sleeppy most of the time due to the drugs. Her mental processes and concentration were not the
same due to the heavy medications.

3. I was disappointed when I found out that at the last minute before the court date, they had offered her a deal and she accepted it. The
deal is not in writing, so everything is in the air. They have promise her to release her this week. The idea is that have to wean her off
the drugs before her release. I hope that these coackroaches are not just trying to trick her.

4. Yesterday Tuesday 3-21-06 about 10 of us showed up at the Mental Hygiene Court at Bellevue Hospital for Sharon's scheduled case. Since
Sharon had withdrawn her petition there was not case that day. Nevertheless we decided to stay and wanted to monitor any other coming court case. The court officer would not let us in because accorcing to him the court was closed to the public. We insisted that according to Judy Kay, the Chief Judge of New York State, all courts are open to the public. I asked to speak to the Court Clerk. Eventually he came out and explained that I had heard Judge Kay saying that all courts were open to the public. He said that as  far as he knew I was mistaken, that Mental Hygiene Courts were the exception. We decided    to stay for a while to wait for other activists that were coming little by little. In 5 minutes the Court Clerk came back and apologized, explaining that he had been wrong for many years, that he had just asked the Judge and that we were welcome to come into the court, since they were open to the public. So from now on, all Mental Hygiene Courts in New York City are open to the
public. We are palnnuing to form a Mental Health Patrol made out of volunteers to monitor the process and help the patients about their rights. I see a lot of potential here.

5. While we were waiting to enter the courtroom, Jillian Becker, the court appointed attorney of Sharon Naji, found out about our victory and came to us and said that she and the other attorneys will challenge our presence in the courtroom every single case, that they will invoke patient's privacy rights. This woman is Sharon worst enemy and she pretents to defend her. We are in the process of putting a formal complaint against this person who is supposed to protect the patients but in reality is their adversary. when we filled the courtroom, the attorney for the Hospital asked the judge to clear the
courtroom and Sharon's attorney seconded the motion. The judge allowed me to opposed and I explained that the only purpose of their request
was to keep the whole assembly line a secret. The judge said he was taking a 5 minutes recess to think, but came back 30 minutes later. He
amde a Solomonic decision: since both attorneys had requested to clear the room based on the confidentiality of the patuient, he had no
choice to accept their petition, but since the courts are open to the public, we are welcome to come back any tiem for any case and the
attoeney will need to file a petition every time if they wanted us excluded. We paln to come back with more troops and just do that. By the way, just before entering the courtroom I asked the patient whose case we tried to observe about ourt intentions and if would mind our presence. His answer was that he would not mind. Obviusly his attorney (same attorney that Sharon has) did not consult him for excluding us. Big travesty of justice.

6. We held 2 succesful Rallies outside the main entrance of the Hospital. A lot of doctors, nurses, administrators and even psychiatrist and the public came to speak with us. We know that a lot of people inside the hospital were upset. We had the chief of security threatening us with arrest. We hewld our ground and when the police
came they side with us, since we were not doing anything illegal.

7. Last week while incarcerated, Sharon lost her apartment. The marshal came and changed the locks. All this thanks to these criminals.

Thanks for your support.

Keep strong.

Rolando Bini
Parents in Action
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline PsyFie

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 23, 2006, 07:52:00 PM »
Rolando Bini and Parents in Action in New York are my new cultural heros. "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; indeed, its the only thing that ever has." -- Margaret Mead
All restraints upon man\'s natural liberty, not necessary for the simple maintenance of justice, are of the nature of slavery, and differ from each other only in degree.\" -Lysander Spooner, lawyer (1808-1887)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 23, 2006, 11:57:00 PM »
I suggest they get Sharon Naji to sign them Power of Attorney for each of the people that want to attend the hearings. Then they will have standing to be in the court, because by having Power of Attorney, the patient has obviously waived her HIPPA confidentiality rights.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 31, 2006, 01:32:00 PM »
Thank You to All the Freedom Fighters who supported our efforts to Liberate Sharon Naji.

She was freed from St. Vincent Catholic Medical Center yesterday 3-29-06 after a month of involuntary confinment at their psychiatric
ward.

She is not crazy, nor ever was, but was kept under lock so these bunch of criminal and racist psychiatrists could make money out of her detention. While under captivity she was repeatedly beaten and drugged.

We held 2 demostrations outside St Vincent Hospital. That put pressure on them. We also put formal complaints every place we could and made many complaint calls to the Hospital Administration.

Another factor is the fact that she put a "refusal of services" to her insurance covering her forced stay at the hospital. With no more
money to suck, the leeches had no incentive to keep her there.

As a side effect of our advocacy we had a Great Victory related to system change: since 1966 Bellevue Mental Hygiene Court has no allowed the Public in to its Hearings. We got lucky and in few minutes we reversed 40 years of legal abuse. On Tuesday 3-21-2006 in the morning calendar several of us showed up at Bellevue Mental
Hygiene Court (19 floor). After being denied access and upon insisting on our right to be there, finally the Court Clerk (after
consulting with the Judge) came back and apologized and said that he had been wrong for many years and that yes we were welcome to come
into the court. We did that but both the Lawyer for the hospital and the court appointed attorney for the patients asked Judge Lucindo Suarez to kick us out.

Only in a brave New World this happens. Jillian Becker (works for the Mental Hygiene Legal Services), the court appointed attorney for
Sharon Naji oppossing our presence and seconding the Hospital petition. This super-racists so-called people's defenders are part of the problem. They want to keep the procedings secret to hide their abuse and racism. An all buddies club scam.

For the time being Sharon is staying in a friend's home since she lost her apartment while kept prisoner at St. Vincent. She also has to fight to get her children back from Foster Care, the modern form of Children's Slavery.

In the Struggle

Rolando Bini
Parents in Action
http://www.parentsinaction.net
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 31, 2006, 02:15:00 PM »

since she lost her apartment while kept prisoner at St. Vincent

She also has to fight to get her children back from Foster Care

Damn, without an apartment she will never get
her kids back.

Too bad the protesters didn't raise some money
for her to pay the rent. If she was in the hospital for 30 days, her landlords must have
booted her the day the rent was due.

No compassion in real estate.