Author Topic: My Book the Demon and the Monk  (Read 28381 times)

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
My Book the Demon and the Monk
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2007, 10:05:51 AM »
Some very curious gaps in logic displayed in js and david's posts.  Our society is not as litigious as that in the United States.  In the US, Miller Newton was frequently sued, and both Straights and Kids in the various forms were repeatedly shut down.  Vause's links to Newton and thus Kids and the Straights is indisputable. The continuous thread through all of this is that some AARC clients will vouch for the institution, and the fact that Vause's PHD comes from Newton Miller's non-accredited alma mater, and that the methods employed at AARC have been deemed to be brain-washing, and that terrible abuses have occurred in the host homes don't matter.  It doesn't matter to the pro-AARC posters that AARC doesn't have a psychiatrist, nor that the counsellors have in general no recognized, specialized training.  They are able to employ the famous Catch-22: If you're bad, you won't believe in AARC.  If you don't believe in AARC, you're bad.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Union Institute is Accredited Despite your Opinion!
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2007, 11:44:26 PM »
The university was Accredited by The NCA (Northern Central Association) in 1985. A university that is regionally accredited by its region in the U.S. has received a legitimate form of accreditation. For example, Florida schools are accredited by SACS (Southern Association). There are many professors in the U.S. who hold a Ph.D. from UI, and they work, in turn, for accredited instituions.

You might not agree with the way UI delivers knowledge, and many will agree that UI has always been non-traditional. However, the fact is it is an accredited university in the U.S. despite your perspective on its reputation in higher education. Since it is accredited, you can not argue that its graduates do not hold a real and official degree according to U.S. standards.

The question as to whether that degree qualifies Newton or any
other rehab "leader" to do what he or she does is a different debate.

Please get you facts straight on accreditation before you confuse someone on this forum with unfounded opinions.

BTW, my degree is from a campus-based traditional university, so I have no personal bias to defend UI or its graduates. I simply know the facts on accreditation.

Here is UI's website, so you can expand your research:

http://www.tui.edu/history/unique.asp

:idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2007, 11:00:30 PM »
Terrifying that you hold a degree from anywhere if you qualify anyone's opinions as unfounded.  My opinion is that a Ph.D. acquired without a dissertation but rather with a report on your newly established "treatment business", does not qualify you as a doctor.  As to my argument that it's graduates do not hold real degrees, "The Institute" handed out degrees for two decades before 1985.  I would trust that a reader of this forum would be able to think for themselves and not be confused.  In this country, where AARC operates, one could not get a Ph.D. in the fashion of Mister DoctorVause.  One could only guess as to Mister DoctorVause's motivations for choosing "The Union Institute".  Whether it had anything to do with being able to get the special doctor paper while running a drug-treatment center in another country rather than doing research is beyond my knowledge.
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

Canadian West."

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2007, 03:48:27 AM »
One also must ask if conflict of interest is part of the curriculum at the "Institute".  Of the endorsements for AARC, two come from Union Institute folks, Faulkner and Kelly.  And as I mentioned on another post, the "evaluator", Patton, is on the faculty of good ol' Union.  Just because AARC is in Calgary, home of the University of Calgary, a couple hours south of the University of Alberta, a couple of hours north of the University of Lethbridge, is no reason I guess not to seek out the opinions of people from the "non-traditional" schools.  Er, sorry, from one non-traditional school.  And as to many agreeing  "the institute" is non-traditional, I can't find anyone who has ever heard of it to have an opinion one way or the other.  But then I'm in Canada.  Where AARC is.  Any reason that you, with your expertise in accreditation, are so familiar with "the institute", or is it just another coincidence like all of the institute connections to AARC.  By the way, if anybody wants a laugh, look up one of the other good "doctors" who provided a rousing endorsement in AARC's nascent period.  Mister DoctorAndrews, expert on free enterprise, which is kind of like treating drug abusing youth,  just gushed about the importance of AARC to Alberta, even though he's in umm, that remote part of Alberta called Connecticut.  It would be laughable if it weren't so harmful.

Canadian West."

Offline sick of child torture girl

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2007, 07:54:34 PM »
If you are talking about Union Insitute of Ct ..its not a real university- its a correspondance course system.
Corespondance courses and Universities  are completely different entities .Vause knows this. A "degree" from a correspondance system is not accepted by any medical, scientific,or academic group where certification of knowledge & expertise is mandatory. It not a real degree

It might be useful if you are applying for a job as a photo editers assistant or a similar job where certification of knowledge and expertise does not need to be ensured and are hired basically on a portfolio and "personality" but it does not meet the criteria if one is REQUIRED to have a college degree.

Thanks Ajax

Offline sick of child torture girl

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2007, 08:01:12 PM »
the degree would not be accepted even in the US where I am based

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2007, 01:56:40 PM »
The other day my Special Lady Friend, former prisoner of AARC, showed me some photographs taken in AARC while she was there.  Of the children pictured, well Natalie Oldcomer wasn't a child, being admitted at 21, but anyhow, one is a stripper now, one went back to being a prostitute, one was impregnated by another, and one, whom I have met, a young man, has nothing but animosity for AARC.  Such shining success David!
I think that deep down David you really want someone to shut down AARC.  Whatever the role your mother and step-father had in bringing AARC to Calgary, it's not your fault.  
Interesting that your step-father visited Kids, yet supported the Wiz.
How come the Wiz stayed with Kids, and in fact was tapped by Obi Won Newton to run the Calgary diocese of Synanon/Seed/Straight/Kids?
Sandra Levy Barbero, social worker,  recoiled in horror at what she saw and wrote to a variety of state authorities in Texas, California and Utah to have Kids closed after she was there in 1989, the period in which the Wiz was being trained at Kids.

Canadian West."

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2007, 01:50:51 PM »
Quote from: demonandmonk

br>You mean Real Psychologist like my father, a Ph.d? Or how about my mother, an MSc. Ch. Psych. Both were involed from the inception.
Although it may seem to be flogging a dead horse, I believe that it is vital to examine the relationships of David Pablo Escobar Grant and his family to AARC.  Readers of this forum will recognize Escobar Grant as the former head of the Chinese Triads, the Russian Mafya, and both the Medellin and Cali cartels.  After years of imprisonment in maximum security facilities, where he was kept in suspended animation, Grant emerged to write a propaganda manual for All About Receiving Cash.
In addition to his life as a super criminal, convict and drug-crazed fiend, Grant was an aliented suburban kid who liked to smoke pot and had a bad relationship with his family.  His step-father went to Kids and decided to bring the program to Calgary, and along with it, the Wizard.
Grant has repeatedly stated that his step-father was a PhD, but this is, like so much of the info put out by AARColytes, a lie.  His step-father has a bachelor of divininity, and a doctor of ministry.  Neither of these is a PhD.  These degrees in fact, are something Dr. Dookie has in commmon with Miller Newton, who was a divinity student.  So, like everyone involved in AARC, Dr. Dookie had no expertise in youth drug treatment.  He is essentially a career counsellor.  This is the man who decided that Synanon was just what Calgary needed, and who set up the Wizard in his little fiefdom.
Lots of lurnin' 'bout Jezuz, not so much about pharmacology, child psychology, etc.
Every time you look at someone involved with AARC, you find them obscured by a cloud of dishonesty.

Canadian West."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2007, 03:46:03 PM »
Greg - you are a coward.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2007, 10:49:02 PM »
Well, that may or may not be true.  However, I don't run a cult that tortures children in the name of helping them.  I don't lie about my academic credentials.  I don't keep children in a facility against their will, and then lie about their right to leave.  I don't sit in a courtroom and send children to a facility where they are humiliated, assaulted and psychologically mutillated.  I don't work as a probation officer, sending kids to such a facility.  I didn't arrange for such a facility to be opened, and then turn it over to a psychopath.   And I never worked in a facility like that, sucking up to the psychopath and then writing a book to perpetuate the lies that underlie such a facility.  So cowardice looks pretty mild as far as vices go if I'm on the yardstick with the Wizard, the people who brought him here, and anyone who worked for AARC.

Canadian West."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2007, 10:44:24 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Greg - you are a coward.

Oh its true. Throwing out insults and character assassination while hiding anonymously behind a screen name. If you are so passionate about exposing what you believe to be an evil organization, why don't you sit outside AARCs building and hand out your "information" there? Why don't you start a petition or write letters to the editor - using your real name? Or are you just content to abuse people you have never met?

Its interesting that on any other forum you would be immediately labeled a troll and barred. Here you can say whatever you like, no matter how nasty. Sad.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2007, 10:50:29 AM »
Greg - you are a coward.

Oh its true. Throwing out insults and character assassination while hiding anonymously behind a screen name.

Oh how cute.  An anon attacking someone for being anon.
:roll:

If you are so passionate about exposing what you believe to be an evil organization, why don't you sit outside AARCs building and hand out your "information" there? Why don't you start a petition or write letters to the editor - using your real name? Or are you just content to abuse people you have never met?

Well, on the occasions that I've done that with AARC's predecessor, Straight, I've ended up threatened and harassed.  We know well what's in store for those that dare to speak out against what really goes on in those places.

Its interesting that on any other forum you would be immediately labeled a troll and barred. Here you can say whatever you like, no matter how nasty. Sad.

Fucking troll!

:roll:  ::both::  ::both::
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2007, 03:00:56 PM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""
Greg - you are a coward.

Oh its true. Throwing out insults and character assassination while hiding anonymously behind a screen name.

Oh how cute.  An anon attacking someone for being anon.

If you are so passionate about exposing what you believe to be an evil organization, why don't you sit outside AARCs building and hand out your "information" there? Why don't you start a petition or write letters to the editor - using your real name? Or are you just content to abuse people you have never met?

Well, on the occasions that I've done that with AARC's predecessor, Straight, I've ended up threatened and harassed.  We know well what's in store for those that dare to speak out against what really goes on in those places.

Fucking troll!

:roll:  ::both::  ::both::

YOU are the one quoting frank Zappa in your sig you tool.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2007, 06:01:23 PM »
Quote from: ""HAHAAH""
YOU are the one quoting frank Zappa in your sig you tool.

And your point would be?

traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 20, 2007, 07:40:16 PM »
I've used my name to correspond directly with the Wizard.  Same goes for the fifth estate, the Toronto Star, my MLA, the Attorney General, the CRHA, etc.

Canadian West."