Author Topic: My Book the Demon and the Monk  (Read 28886 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Book the Demon and the Monk
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2005, 01:55:00 AM »
Are you saying that it's a good thing for AARC to be a "watered down version"? Having been through AARC and heard so much about Kids I don't think it's all that watered down. Regulations control AARC from having as many kids and instead of starving kids they over feed them but that's about the only difference I'm aware of. And I'm sure we would have starved if the issue hadn't been confronted when AARC was gaining funding to open. Even if AARC let kids free at night, had college funds for us and an amusement park in the back yard, would it be any better than Kids? The exact same "behavioral modification" is being used. The same lingo. The same concept of what is "healthy". The same perception of an ideal graduate. The same insults. The same narrow mindedness. As long as AARC uses the aspect of Kids that did the actual programming, what is the difference? Starvation was just the cherry on the cake at Kids. Going hungry doesn't cause people to break down or become brainwashed. The Program does. Torture is standing in front of a group of people who know nothing about you yet tell you you're sick, unhealthy, or "hurt'n" for hours at a time and being told how to live your life by ex drug users and teenagers. Personally I'd rather have starved.

And while you say that you know former victims of Kids who claim AARC is better, I've met victims of Kids who've attended AARC open meetings and say that it's the exact same thing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline demonandmonk

• View Profile
    • http://www.demonandmonk.com
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2005, 12:19:00 PM »
And I feel so much better knowing that AARC was only a watered-down version of a *highly abusive* rehab. Are you joking by thinking that's in your favor??? Let me let you in on something --- that is NOT in your favor. Oh and PS, don't bother patronizing me. I don't need you to tell me if I'm a good person or a shitty person. "

Watered down? Hardly - just different, and effective. For such a self proclaimed educated person, your lack of objectivity and willingness to listen to people who have actually been through AARC is sad. Once again, out of the almost 300 graduates and however many people who did not finish AARC, only a handfull are claiming it was harmful. No lawsuits, media articles, police investigations - nothing. (let me save you the trouble - there is no conspiracy, but feel free to claim one). 13 years of work.
As far as patronizing you, I don't feel I am. I think you don't have all the facts, and are going off half cocked, and lumping AARC together with "programs" that are BS. You also use incredibly angry and viscious language targeted to hurt and demean me, while claiming to want to help people. That is too bad. But it does give insight into your character.

http://www.demonandmonk.com
ww.demonandmonk.com

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2005, 06:02:00 PM »
On 2005-07-08 09:19:00, demonandmonk wrote:

"

And I feel so much better knowing that AARC was only a watered-down version of a *highly abusive* rehab. Are you joking by thinking that's in your favor??? Let me let you in on something --- that is NOT in your favor. Oh and PS, don't bother patronizing me. I don't need you to tell me if I'm a good person or a shitty person. "

Watered down? Hardly - just different, and effective. For such a self proclaimed educated person, your lack of objectivity and willingness to listen to people who have actually been through AARC is sad. Once again, out of the almost 300 graduates and however many people who did not finish AARC, only a handfull are claiming it was harmful. No lawsuits, media articles, police investigations - nothing. (let me save you the trouble - there is no conspiracy, but feel free to claim one). 13 years of work.

As far as patronizing you, I don't feel I am. I think you don't have all the facts, and are going off half cocked, and lumping AARC together with "programs" that are BS. You also use incredibly angry and viscious language targeted to hurt and demean me, while claiming to want to help people. That is too bad. But it does give insight into your character.

http://www.demonandmonk.com"

Hmmm...should I repeat myself, YET AGAIN? No, I'm actually starting to get bored with this.....

YAWN.......

Offline Mel

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2005, 06:26:00 PM »
On 2005-07-08 09:19:00, demonandmonk wrote:

No lawsuits, media articles, police investigations - nothing.
http://www.demonandmonk.com"

Well there's been at least 3 investigations that I've partaken in which are still in effect. I've done 1 radio interview and I'm aware of 3 news shows which have done shows portraying AARC as it is and I've been asked to partake in more. I can't imagne that you are unaware of these things and I don't know why you would tell others that they don't exsist.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2005, 07:36:00 PM »
Hee hee....there are a lot more than one anon here too....just keep that in mind DAM. They're not all from only one person.

Jackass.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2005, 10:15:00 AM »
I have seen one show, on ctv, and the graduate, who has no love for AARC, told me they edited and spun her story.
So regarding these ivestigations, what have the results been?

Offline demonandmonk

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2005, 10:18:00 AM »
oh, a lot more! Well you sure put my statement to shame. But that is the joy of being anonymous. You can say anything, no proof, no facts, no accountability.

ww.demonandmonk.com

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2005, 10:38:00 AM »
Brainwashing -- also known as Coercive Persuasion, Behavior Modification or Thought Reform -- is and was practiced at ALL of the Straights and the Straight copy-cat programs, of which AARC is one.

Margaret Thaler Singer, internationally known cult expert, classified Straight, Inc. as a cult, not strictly because of any obscene physical abuses, but because of the systematic methods used upon children that can be better understood by reading the following article: "How Thought Reform Works" by Margaret Singer.

http://http://www.freeminds.org/psych/thought_reform.htm

one quote from the article:
"...in United          States v. Lee 455 U.S. 252, 257-258 (1982), the California Supreme Court          found that "when a person is subjected to coercive persuasion without his          knowledge or consent... [he may] develop serious and sometimes irreversible          physical and psychiatric disorders, up to and including schizophrenia,          self-mutilation, and suicide."

Mr. Demon and Monk, sir, there is no way of getting around the facts just established. Not only Margaret Thaler Singer, but the California Supreme Court has recognized the damage that Thought Control/Behavior Modification/Coercive Persuasion can do. AARC is abusing children with methods KNOWN to cause severe mental illnesses.

Offline demonandmonk

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2005, 01:59:00 PM »
I guess that is why after 13 years the psych wards in Alberta are full of AARC graduates......Or not. The thriving, successful, happy, community oriented people that are the vast majority of AARC graduates refutes your claim. Of course Straight and the programs that followed were abusive. AARC is very different and the proof is in those young people, like me who are doing extremely well. Once again, you no nothing about AARC, and choose not to learn. That is sad, but it keeps you "right" in your mind.

ww.demonandmonk.com

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2005, 03:31:00 PM »
Oh, so you or someone you know has kept in touch with all of the AARC graduates to do follow-up studies to determine the factual effects of Behavior Modification? Please, cite the research papers, this is very interesting news. I suspect you have no research papers to cite! I suspect that you did not even read the article on Coercive Persuasion. Perhaps you did not notice the word "may" in the quote from the article: "[he may] develop serious and sometimes irreversible physical and psychiatric disorders..." Kinda like Russian Roulette. So, maybe you didn't turn out nuts, just ruthless. What kind of values do you have, that you would promote an institution that, by it's very methods, as outlined in the article by Margaret Singer, a respected cult expert and Professor Emeritus of the University of California at Berkeley, practices the technique of Thought Reform/Brainwashing/Coercive Persuasion on children? So what if you're a tough nut who came out unscathed, I have presented clear evidence here that AARC is blatantly endangering the mental health of children. I suggest that you, as a citizen, take more seriously the evidence that I have presented. Mr. Demon and Monk, sir, the central question is, will you keep on promoting an institution that is endangering children?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2005, 11:23:00 PM »
show me your evidence that AARC is doing harm. I have plenty that it is doing great things - and not just for me. I have had the pleasure of knowing dozens of graduates and their families. How about you?
" I have presented clear evidence here that AARC is blatantly endangering the mental health of children"
No you have not. You have presented your opinion backed by a research paper that does not look at AARC and it's outcomes specifically. You are irresponsible and unethical for spouting accusations that are baseless, unfounded and unresearched. Blinded by your justified rage against the criminal institution that harmed you, you continue to spout of against an organization you know nothing about. And you do it anonymously, and I might add cowardly. Your unremitting stream of venom is indeed tiresome, and an insult to those who are doing so well after springboarding from AARC to forge their own path of success. I sure hope your therapy helps you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2005, 04:09:00 AM »
AARC's methods are methods of Behavior Modification/Thought Reform/Coercive Persuasion. You cannot overcome this basic fact, nor its corollary.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2005, 03:43:00 PM »
I'm calling it...DAM is a troll. He ignores everything that is said, is boring, is completely self-absorbed, and apparently loves to try and emotionally traumatize others.

::troll::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2005, 09:39:00 PM »
On 2005-07-11 12:43:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I'm calling it...DAM is a troll. He ignores everything that is said, is boring, is completely self-absorbed, and apparently loves to try and emotionally traumatize others.

::troll:: "

Hmmm... a Troll. Ok.
Ignores everything that is said. - sure.
Boring - You Bet! I lead avery mundane, uninteresting existence. Thank goodness. And boring enough to get repeatedly insulted and abused on this site. I guess I could make up outrageous claims of abuse at AARC to try and fit in with real survivors of abuse. I'll consider it.
Self-absorbed. Hmm. Except for my family, friends and kids I volunteer with, yeah probably.
As far as trying to "emotionally traumatize others" I am not the one insulting and belittling others - anonymously. It takes a special kind of person to do that.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2005, 07:47:00 AM »
On 2005-07-11 18:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-07-11 12:43:00, Anonymous wrote:

I am not the one insulting and belittling others - anonymously. It takes a special kind of person to do that."

Wow, that last statement is so very ironic on so many levels... It's truly baffling to me that the concept of Anonymity is lost on so many graduates on here who seem to be such thorough proponents for AA's philosophy... Remember kids, "...Half measures availed us nothing." so if you're going to be an AARC-speak spewing zealot, at least have the good sense to be consistant about it.

--John Doe aka Bob Smith aka Harold Johnson XI[ This Message was edited by: Eudora on 2006-03-14 11:13 ]