Author Topic: My Book the Demon and the Monk  (Read 28454 times)

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
My Book the Demon and the Monk
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2007, 02:08:12 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: ""Guest""
Greg - you are a coward.

Oh its true. Throwing out insults and character assassination while hiding anonymously behind a screen name.

Again, which part of what I said is not true?  The little toad from Saskabush has repeatedly lied about being a psychologist.  He is so deluded that you can still find these misrepresentations on the AARC website.  And David, you have lied about your step-dad being a PhD.  Flat out lied.  That's not character assassination, it's just a case of someone trying to point out to anyone who cares that you guys lie.  No one from AARC can ever address the facts, because they all stem from All About Receiving Cash being the Calgary Straight, run by a psychopathic fraud.  No more no less.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2007, 01:55:25 PM »
Quote from: ""Mel""

Like drug addiction? Criminal involvement? Associating with using addicts and criminals?  Excellent!

http://www.demonandmonk.com"

Dave Grant (Demonandmonk) was a staff member at AARC when I was brought in. I was illegally held there for over one year. I was threatened that I would be restrained if I left and I saw other victims being restrained while I was there. I think actually Dave may have been one of the people helping to restrain A*r*l B**g*s? While myself and Dave were in AARC there was a lot of criminal activity, including child abuse through means of things like "The Zero Club" which involves "newcomers" having to urinate and defecate in front of staff and "oldcomers" and having to ask for one square of toilet paper at a time, and the staff and Oldcomers are allowed to deny them that right. Also sitting and holding kids down whenever they step out of line (basically physically stepping out of their chairs without being given permission first. Dave also partook in denying us our civil rights, and probably invasion of privacy, like when I found out friends were sending letters to me, and AARC was opening them up and reading them, then denying them to me. Having sold drugs (It was pot, right?) is a much less violent and harmful crime than what Dave partook in as a staff member in AARC.

There were some staff in AARC who clearly enjoyed recycling their abuse onto us. Dave was not one of those people. He believed (and apparently still believes) that AARC is the necessary evil to save people from "the disease". For most of us there was a time when we were programmed into believing it too.

:o

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2007, 02:50:36 PM »
He believed (and apparently still believes) that AARC is the necessary evil to save people from "the disease". For most of us there was a time when we were programmed into believing it too. [/color]

Can we all say

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2007, 03:14:19 PM »
Quote from: demonandmonk
[

You mean Real Psychologist like my father, a Ph.d? Or how about my mother, an MSc. Ch. Psych. Both were involed from the inception. You don't get more mainstream than them.

AARC certainly worked for me. Prison didn't. Family counselling and individual therapy didn't.

This is the root of the entire problem.  As was pointed out earlier in the thread, old d and m is lying about the qualifications of his step-father, who was in no uncertain terms, not a PhD.  He was a Doctor of Ministry and entirely without qualifications to assess and implement a drug treatment program.  His mother was a speech therapist.  Again, entirely unqualified to be involved in the implentation of a drug treatment program.  These are the kind of people who gave us AARC.  And as far as mainstream goes, his mother was an enthusiast of "rebirthing".  
Prison may not have worked for d and m because he was never in prison.  He used to have his rap sheet posted on the book website.  If you read the small print he did some week-ends in Calgary Remand.

The point is that AARC is based on quackery.
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

Canadian West."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2007, 04:28:36 AM »
AARC is based on vulnerability, greed and fear.

Classic client/center/parent relationship.

(Notice the center coming between the client and their parents - AARC's version of "family therapy")

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 27, 2007, 02:11:58 AM »
quoted from above;
"The panel highlighted two programs that are clearly effective in reducing arrests and out-of-home placements: Functional Family Therapy, and Multisystemic Therapy. Among the important characteristics that these programs have in common are a focus on developing social competency skills, a long-term approach, and family involvement. "

All of which AARC does. My family learned many tools to function together. I had not lived at home for 6 years, but on level 2, I went home with my family and lived there during treatment and 2 years after. And it certainly doesn't get more "Multisystemic" than the varieties of levels
I was treated on. I was helped to function again in society (I was on the margins of society being a criminal), AARC was long-term, slow reintegration into the community(especially school and work), and my family was involved every day.

Functional family therapy would include the WHOLE family talking to one another.

Being reunited with your family after 6 years is an incredible feat considering you didn't actually TALK to your parents until this reunion!! (Earned TALKS don't count as two-way communication)

How is the family unit restored if you don't talk to each other? Is it because everyone has reached an acceptable level of brainwashing?

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 27, 2007, 02:54:50 PM »
There's always something freaky to be gleaned from one  of David's posts.  It cannot be stressed enough that this guy was a grown man when he let himself be put into AARC.  Apparently, David thinks it's a good outcome for a twenty-two year old man to move back home with his parents after six years away, while partaking in a program for adolescents.  And how does AARC reduce out of home placements, when it immediately places children... out of home? And whenever David sings the praises of AARC, one can't help but point out that his step-father brought AARC here from New Jersey.  It is his family's eternal shame.

Canadian West."

Offline Mel

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 27, 2007, 09:42:49 PM »
David is no different than anyone who joins a cultic group. If you are not sure who you are, if you want to be accepted by a group, if you don't know what direction you want to take in life, then why wouldn't you sign yourself in for help and then feel grateful for someone pointing you in a direction and making you a member of the family for having accepted their ways?

Our cases are unusual because we were physically unable to leave and most of us physically forced in, but in most cultic groups people join freely and stay freely, with only disapproval from the group and leader keeping them in.

People like such are often totally blind to the abuses happening within the group, and when revealed to them they can not believe it. In my experiences with Dave, I honestly think that he is one of those people. I don't think he is aware of the severity of the situation and what kind of abuses you and I know of. Dave practiced what he preached, he truly believed that AARC was a path to happiness and he wanted to share that. I never once felt that he was receiving joy for making me feel miserable, like most of the others.

I am not defending his choices - I agree that it's "freaky" that someone would do that and stay committed for so many years, but realistically it's happening to people all over the world every day. There are so many religious, therapeutic, and psychological cults out there, and they are full people there on free will.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2007, 04:31:04 PM »
Having read David's book, and having thoroughly perused his late website, I disagree that he was unaware of abuses, and I find him to be particularly disingenuous.  He has claimed in posts on this forum that no one is held at AARC against their will, a patent falsehood.  In order to establish his credibility as a proponent of AARC, he has described himself as a criminal and has claimed to have served time in prison.  He served some week-end time in Calgary Remand, and most of his petty anti-social acts resulted in Conditional Discharges.  In his book he attempted to paint a picture of AARC as a very different place from Kids, inferring that belt-looping and other abuses took place in Kids, but not at AARC.  Untrue, as anyone left under Janne Holmgren's control can attest.  David has attempted to lend credibility to his step-father's decision to bring AARC here as a representative of the Rotary Club, by claiming that his step-father was a psychologist with a PhD.  In fact, the old boy had a Doctor of Minstries, with no real knowledge of addictions or child psychology.  As a true fear-mongering asshole, David described his chronic use of marijuana as a chemical addiction.  He attempted to paint his pot-use as something akin to the truly destructive behaviour of hard drug users like crack-heads or meth addicts.  He claims to have made a living selling drugs, yet the same thread he posts that upon entering AARC his parents quit paying for his drugs.  In short, in addition to being an alienated Mama's boy who joined a cult, he is a colossal liar whenever he feels the need to support his cult.  Lying scumbags are what makes cults like this work.  David went so far as to offer his services as a lecturer on the merits of AARC, and at the time that his website Dimwitandmonkeyboy went tits up, he was working on a book of AARC grad stories.  This after repeatedly claiming in his anon posts on this forum that he has very little to do with AARC anymore.  It's one thing to be taken in by a cult because you have a particular set of vulnerabilities, it is quite another to go on lying about yourself and the cult for over ten years.

Canadian West."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2007, 01:45:57 PM »
Both functional family therapy and multisystemic family therapy are *outpatient* and require the child to live *at home."

Therefore, AARC cannot practice either.  Multisystemic Family Therapy is also only available to kids in the US in the criminal justice system, which would rule out AARC that way as well.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2007, 02:59:31 PM »
Multisystemic therapy (MST) is an intensive family-based treatment that addresses the known determinants of serious antisocial behavior in adolescents and their families. As such, MST treats those factors in the youth's environment that are contributing to his or her behavior problems. Such factors might pertain to individual characteristics of the youth (e.g., poor problem solving skills), family relations (e.g., inept discipline), peer relations (e.g., association with deviant peers), and school performance (e.g., academic difficulties). On a highly individualized basis, treatment goals are developed in collaboration with the family, and family strengths are used as levers for therapeutic change. Specific interventions used in MST are based on the best of the empirically validated treatment approaches such as cognitive behavior therapy and the pragmatic family therapies. The primary goals of MST are to reduce rates of antisocial behavior in the adolescent, reduce out-of- home placements, and empower families to resolve future difficulties.

Several programmatic features are crucial to the success of MST. The use of a home-based model of service delivery (i.e., low caseloads, time limited duration of treatment) removes barriers of access to care and provides the high level of intensity needed to successfully treat youths presenting serious clinical problems and their multi-need families. Second, the philosophy of MST holds service providers accountable for engaging the family in treatment and for removing barriers to successful outcomes. Such accountability clearly promotes retention in treatment and attainment of the treatment goals. Third, outcomes are evaluated continuously, and the overriding goal of supervision is to facilitate the clinicians' attempts to attain favorable outcomes. Fourth, MST programs place great emphasis on maintaining treatment integrity, and as such, considerable resources are devoted to therapist training, ongoing clinical consultation, service system consultation, and other types of quality assurance.

This program is for treating antisocial behaviours.  AARC claims, in no uncertain terms, that it exists to treat people with a chemical addiction.  AARC is not supposed to be a behaviour modification institution.  However, since everything about AARC is a fraud, it is at least consistent for them to claim to cure all manner of ailments.  Vause is true to his calling as a snake-oil salesman.  AARC cures the vapors, grippe, flux, dyspepsia, rickets and hoodlumism.  Just ask non-licensed, non-psychologist, Mr. Doctordeanscamartist.

Canadian West."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2007, 05:22:35 AM »
Amazing they accomplish this during the first phase when the clients don't talk to their parents, and then during the second phase when the clients become oldcomers and are mainly responsible for other newcomer clients.

Third phase the parents seem to be even more detached from the whole situation.

A new host home parent said she's not sure if her third phase child is in school or not.

She also said the clients go to a different recovery home each night to avoid "planned escapes". Why would they need to "plan" if they are all provided a key in case of a fire emergency?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
planned escapes
« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2007, 05:35:24 PM »
Amazing they accomplish this during the first phase when the clients don't talk to their parents, and then during the second phase when the clients become oldcomers and are mainly responsible for other newcomer clients.

Third phase the parents seem to be even more detached from the whole situation.

A new host home parent said she's not sure if her third phase child is in school or not.

She also said the clients go to a different recovery home each night to avoid "planned escapes". Why would they need to "plan" if they are all provided a key in case of a fire emergency?

OK, now let me understand this:
If the parent is not consenting to the youth remaining in AARC
And if the youth is being kept in AARC against his will:
does this apply?

Criminal Code of Canada s. 279 (2)
Everyone who, without lawful authority, confines, imprisons or forcibly seizes another person etc

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 05, 2007, 08:52:48 PM »
Not if they are there under a court order and if they are saying they want to stay. Wouldn't be considered "against their will", at that point.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2007, 01:14:31 AM »
Not if they are there under a court order and if they are saying they want to stay. Wouldn't be considered "against their will", at that point.

True, but if the re was initially duress, AND if the court order was obtained by fraud or misrepresentation, AND the Judge's husband were to be the treating physician of the unlawfully confined, I suspect there would be a basis for  complaints to
a) the Judicial Counsel re the Judge's obvious conflict
b) the College of Physicians and surgeons for improper practice

and possibly to the police, once again, for conspiracy, obstruction of justice, etc,  etc.  

Question:  How many people have been put into AARC by court order?  By that same judge?