Author Topic: Board members "gettin out of Dodge"  (Read 2291 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Board members "gettin out of Dodge"
« on: August 16, 2007, 08:36:14 PM »
DONT LET THE DOOR HIT YA WHERE THE GOOD LORD SPLIT YA!  :rofl:  OR, BETTER YET, GO AHEAD AND LET IT!  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Conover resigns from county drug coalition
Saturday, August 11, 2007 12:42 AM CDT
Post a Comment | Email this story | Print this story

BY PHIL WIELAND
[email protected]

Saying it is time for reinvigoration, Karen Conover has resigned from the Community Action Drug Coalition, which she helped found 10 years ago.

"What we initially set out to do has been accomplished, although the mission will never be complete," Conover said. "We've opened awareness and been behind the scenes in doing some meaningful work.

"There's always going to be more that needs to be done, but 10 years is a long time and we need an infusion of new ideas and new blood."

Conover, who was on the Porter County Council at the time, served as the coalition's first president.

The group's accomplishments during its first 10 years include the creation of an outpatient treatment program for county jail inmates, the start of a drug court and the campaign to open a Pathways Family Center in the county, she said.

For Conover and her husband Chuck, the Center Township trustee, the coalition meant much more because of their son's battle with drugs.

"It helped us get through the worst time of our life, and we developed some lifetime friendships because of our work with the board," she said. "If they ask me, I will still be involved in fundraising or special projects."

Conover's resignation is the fourth in the last six months and reduces the coalition's board to just 11 members, board President Dr. Mann Spitler said. Paul Ulrich retired from the Drug Enforcement Administration and moved out of the area, and Christine Pouch, formerly with the Boys and Girls Club, also moved away.

Gus Brown, of Chesterton, resigned to spend more time with his family and because he received a promotion at his job at BP's Whiting Refinery. He and Dr. Spitler are on the board for the new Pathway center. Brown's wife, Julie, is still on the coalition's board.

"Karen is to be especially commended because of the longevity of her contributions, and she was one of the first," Spitler said. "I have a lot of respect for her and the energy and commitment she brought to the board.

"Christine and I always looked to her as one of the hardest workers I've ever known. She was always there and more than willing to do the grunt work."

Spitler said the coalition's bylaws allow for board membership to range from 10 to 18. He called the recent resignations part of the normal ebb and flow of any board.

"It's not absolutely necessary at this time to add anyone, but we will be discussing it at future meetings to decide how aggressive we want to be in filling those spots," he said.

Spitler said anyone interested in serving on the board can contact him.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 08:43:06 PM »
I say it's about time. What happened when the board members of straight inc went byebye's? I don't buy that moving thing but I suppose it could be true. I think these folks can see a major abuse case coming up and might be the "smart ones". With what, 10 or so court ordered clients in Milford, how they "NEED" another $mil to open a NEW place is way beyond my comprehension. Maybe some of you PFC folks could shed some light on that.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 10:07:11 PM »
Quote from: ""rusty's goat""
Maybe some of you PFC folks could shed some light on that.

I'd say that's none of your goddamn business!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 12:46:41 PM »
Wrong answer nutsac. Do you abuse kids for profit?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 12:52:17 PM »

No, I abuse fornits posters for fun!  :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 03:42:52 PM »
aaaah, ok man, whatever gets you off,  :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 09:26:58 PM »
:o

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
Did somebody say posters?
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 11:17:15 PM »
Quote from: ""god's nutsac""
No, I abuse fornits posters for fun!  :rofl:

Speakin of posters, I'll never forget when I graduated the program I asked where all my stuff was, like records, my guitar and... my posters. To my dismay, my parents told me that they were instructed by the program to sell or destroy all of my possessions because it might be a trigger to send me back to drugs.
The funny part is, I never had a drug problem and still don't. I guess the program had me brainwashed for about 3 years until I got wise.
Just in case, I don't own any posters, one can never be too careful!

T
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 11:49:56 PM »
maybe this relates, maybe not, just a blurb from a blog...

"A free and independent media is the cornerstone of a free society. To Westerners, this truism is often taken for granted. But savvy rulers are all too conscious of it. It was Joseph Stalin who said, “Ideas are more dangerous than guns.â€

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
Attitude adjustment.
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 01:12:22 AM »
Control the person=control the gun.  Yeah I can see how Stalin would think that. He was one crazy general killin mo fo.

I was cleaning my idea the other day and it just went off! I guess I forgot to take one of the thoughts out of the chamber.

T
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 10:41:45 AM »
How dare you think! That's IRRATIONAL! You shall be shot immediately!
GUARDS!!!!  ::unhappy::  ::unhappy::  ::unhappy::  ::unhappy::  ::unhappy::