Author Topic: Another program casualty?  (Read 13955 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Another program casualty?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2005, 11:19:00 AM »
Tsk Tsk....yourself.  Even Christians can utter the word "asshole." Don't think that's against any rule of God, but judging others IS!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2005, 01:55:00 PM »
Ah well,  I stumbled - it happens.
Other anon - I'm not concerned with a tsk, tsk here and there. I personally don't think it was out of line - Jesus might not have used the word ass hole - but he expressed the same sentiment often enough.
However - if there are people reading what I write and thinking I ought not use the term ass hole - maybe they are right. I'll try to refrain.
But the reason I'm posting is to point out that the subject of this thread is very serious; and side debates on my choice of language are not worth diluting the thread or risking a change of subject.
A young girl died. It appears by her own hand. This is after a stint in a program known to be punitive and degrading. Is there a connection? I don't know - but that is a question worth looking at.
Now - I do regret calling the person an ass hole - but mostly b/c since that post I learned threw grape vine talk that there is some question it was suicide. Might not have been. But I think we can all agree it is a tragic situation.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2005, 04:52:00 PM »
Anybody know the facts about how this girl died? Not rumor or inuendo ... but the actual CAUSE of death determined by the ME (medical examiner) at autopsy?

:???:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2005, 05:17:00 PM »
and side debates on my choice of language are not worth diluting the thread or risking a change of subject.{/QUOTE]

Nobody is diluting, just noting, or pointing out, the hypocracy on what you preach vs. what you practice, that's all.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2005, 09:17:00 PM »
Sorry to disappoint you anon - but like the song says: Don't look at me - Look at Him.
I don't happen to think the use of the term ass hole to be hypocritical. Others are free to disagree.

For the other anon - Heres what I was told.

According to news paper reports she was found hanging in some woods. Cause of death, as far as I know, was hanging. This looks like a suicide. However, I am told by a friend, who has spoken with a friend of the girl, that her boy friend was the one who found her - and there is (I'm told) some suspicion that he may have killed her.

Offline Verbal Razors

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2005, 12:40:00 PM »
Program fucked her up...period. Mince words all you like. And spare the " assuming makes an ass out of you and me" bullshit.
 I bet you have "let go and let god" bumper stickers
on your car.. :roll:
ever fuck with someone who has nothing to lose..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2005, 09:36:00 PM »
i personally was not in the program but my fiance was, and from what she tells me it is like a prison so i can understand why kids are killing themselves left and right, when you run a place like a prison it ends up being that way in everyone's eyes it is just too bad that more parents don't see and frankly dont give a shit what happens to their child, i asked myself what kind of person would just let someone else take their kid in the middle of the night and not speak to them for at least 3 to 4 months in some cases longer, i dont understand how a parent could be ok with that i dont have children yet but when i do i will never resort to other people raising my kid, im sure it was the program that caused this young girl to die but we have to face facts some can get away with murder and others can't guess it just depends on your balance in your bank account

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2005, 01:18:00 AM »
On 2005-07-05 18:17:00, BuzzKill wrote:

"Sorry to disappoint you anon - but like the song says: Don't look at me - Look at Him.

I don't happen to think the use of the term ass hole to be hypocritical. Others are free to disagree.

According to news paper reports she was found hanging in some woods. Cause of death, as far as I know, was hanging. This looks like a suicide. However, I am told by a friend, who has spoken with a friend of the girl, that her boy friend was the one who found her - and there is (I'm told) some suspicion that he may have killed her.

"

Hi BK, are there any links to news stories about this tragedy that you have come across?

Thanks!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2005, 08:44:00 PM »
On 2005-07-07 22:18:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-07-05 18:17:00, BuzzKill wrote:

"Sorry to disappoint you anon - but like the song says: Don't look at me - Look at Him.

BUMP

"

Hi BK, are there any links to news stories about this tragedy that you have come across?

Thanks!

"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2005, 07:08:00 AM »
Did anyone know Robert Carter Evans? I was good friends with him 3 years ago and lost contact since moved.. last time we spoke was just over a year ago..i was shocked to see his obituary. Any info on how he pass away would be helpful. i wish his family the best. He was an awesome guy! please reply to [email protected]
 thanks
                    Lynnae

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2005, 01:41:00 AM »
They didn't say suicide in Randi's obit becuase it wasn't a suicide. those close to her know the truth.

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
Re: Another program casualty?
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2012, 05:38:49 PM »
I knew Randi in Casa By the Sea, I also lived in San Diego and I have spoken to several people who went to school with her, and were her close friends. There is a conflicting consensus on what may have been the real cause of Randi's death.

All of the people I spoke to say that her parents were very strict or "programized" and that caused quite a bit of stress on her.

One person said she was using drugs.

3 people have said that she was arguing with her boyfriend and that he may have had some involvement with her death.

One person said it was an accident and she only attempted it as a way to get people to feel sorry for her, and that she didn't really plan to go through with it.

In any event I can personally conclude, that this certainly was a cry for help. She was certainly struggling with the psychological effects of the program, being controlled by her parents and added to all that she felt rejected by her boyfriend. All this combined into a depression she didn't know how to deal with. Suicide and possibly drugs may have been the cause of her death, but what caused her depression was certainly not any of those things alone. Her struggles were simply overwhelming, trying to cope with with culture shock you feel when first coming out of the program and being dumped immediately back into school, jumping into a new environment, with new friends and a new boyfriend... That can be a little too much stress for someone who just spent the last two years locked away from everything, and denied a proper adolescence. Because of the program she was ill prepared to deal with real life issues such as peer pressure and relationships, without proper treatment, her life quickly fell apart and having no one she could trust with her stuggles with suicidal thoughts (because of her fear of being sent back) she was unable to deal, and work through her depression. She just gave up. She thought death was a better option than living the life in shambles Casa had left her with. Honestly I get it, I struggled a lot when I first got out, and it wasn't until I had time to examine the psychological effects Casa caused me before I realized why I felt so overwhelmed at the time. I think Randi was going through the same kind of social anxiety all the other casa survivors went through when they got out, and I understand how hard that could be for someone to handle alone especially with other contributing factors, it can be too much to handle. She will always be remembered as the sweet bubbly girl with the voice of an angel. RIP Randi.... We will love you and miss you forever.
 :peace:
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]