Author Topic: I Emailed DFAF  (Read 2248 times)

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
I Emailed DFAF
« on: November 02, 2002, 10:39:00 AM »
To DFAF:

Come on guys,

Open your "forums for a variety of people and subjects" back up. We survivors of Straight Inc. ~ make up part of that variety whether you choose to recognize it or not. Are we still into censorship here after all these decades????? Please keep in mind that any responses to me will be immediately forwarded to all Straight Inc., and spin-off survivor websites....

Ken
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Marti

• View Profile
    • http://www.straightincorporated.com
I Emailed DFAF
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2002, 10:48:00 AM »
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFLROFL......THanks for the wonderful morning laugh that I despertly needed......
Wait to go Ken
:grin:

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
I Emailed DFAF
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2002, 10:51:00 AM »
You're quite welcome Marti, Stay strong:)

Ken

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
I Emailed DFAF
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2002, 11:02:00 AM »
Maybe we should give [email protected] massive emails demanding the restoration of their forum. Just a suggestion.....Ken

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I Emailed DFAF
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2002, 10:24:00 PM »
IF I were to take the time to send them email, I would phrase it very delicately.

I suspect I would write something along the lines of:
---------------------------------------------
I was deeply disappointed to learn of the closing your new public forum. As a former member of our close family within Straight Inc., I have been an avid follower of your foundation for some years now; and was excited at the opportunity to engage in an open and democratic debate about the issues so close to all of our hearts.

It appeared that a spirited discussion was already in blossom on your most excellent web site. I had anticipated an opportunity to participate in, and learn from, the wide range of input and ideas being expressed within the open furm discussions.

I want to express my sincere hope that you will find the strength to re-open your public forum and once again allow  an unmoderated discussion from all points of view, in the spirit of our founding fathers.
-------------------------------------------

But I won't waste my time with them, because I already percieve their heart and mind, and understand that open discussion was most likely the furthest thing from their intent.

Offline enough

• View Profile
I Emailed DFAF
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2002, 10:25:00 PM »
oops I forgot to login before posting that last bit.

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
I Emailed DFAF
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2002, 05:03:00 PM »
That was truly excellent. Understanding your (our) point of view I could almost see the malice dripping from each inocuous word. True diplomacy, telling someone to fuck off and sounding reasonable and actually contrite while doing so. Bravo!

CL