Author Topic: Fair Oaks Hospital in Summit, NJ?  (Read 68628 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Fair Oaks Hospital in Summit, NJ?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2005, 04:58:00 PM »
When were you there?  

I remember a few people having birthdays -- I remember there being cake.

Anyone remember Elvis one of the night staff people??
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline dedasc

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2005, 01:46:00 PM »
I was at Fair Oakes around Nov.1985-Feb.1986.  I checked myself in for treatment for eating disorders.  I found Dr. Jonas to be of alot of help.  Do you or anyone else out there know what happened to him?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2005, 05:07:00 PM »
I was at Fair Oaks in the early 80's. I do remember Elvis,but i also that place being a nightmare, i was always in so much trouble, but my favorite was relaxation theropy, good naps

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2006, 09:37:00 PM »
I was a mental health associate and worked there for about 5 years.  I was called on more Dr. Strongs than you can imagine.  I also worked in recreational therapy and use to take the patients bowling.  The good old daysl

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2006, 09:38:00 PM »
How could I forget Elvis, he worked nights on my unit!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2006, 05:56:00 PM »
I was there October 19-November 16, 1990.  I just remembered them taking us out when we got to a certain status level.  I remember going to the mall at one point.  And to Jockey Hollow.

THe highlight of my time there was becoming Vice-President of the unit because everyone else there had been dropped for some reason and I was the only status (2??) left.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2006, 12:39:00 PM »
I've forgotten so much of that place!

What was the code just below Dr. Strong?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2006, 12:07:00 AM »
I was there at the same time!  Do you remember me?  I was also very young.  I was 12 or 13 at the time also.  I was a pretty nerdy kid.  My name is Jon / Jonathan.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2006, 11:26:42 AM »
This is an old post- I wonder if anyone will see it. I was " so very lucky" to be a guest of fair oaks in 1987...spring-summer. I often wonder how people are doing.

I remember Elvis too :)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2007, 02:48:11 PM »
Wasn't Elvis actually a skinny black lady? I'm not sure some of you actually remember.

Offline Stacey11

• View Profile
Re: Fair Oaks Hospital in Summit, NJ?
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2008, 02:09:17 PM »
****LOOKING FOR FORMER PATIENTS TO TALK TO*********

I was a patient at Fair Oaks in 1985-1986. Went in Nov. 1985 on Eval unit and got transferred to Adolescent unit in Jan. 1986. Was finally released in June 1986. I remember Dr. Rosenberg clearly and does anyone remember Dr. Bronchoto (spelling)? I also remember Dr. STRONG very well. I also spent ALOT of time in the "quiet room" because I wouldn't "talk about my problems". I was told everyday for 6 months that I was "in denial and want to kill myself" and the sooner I admitted to it, the sooner I would get "points" and could have "privleages".

(I just found out about National Medical Enterprises scam a few months ago)

I was released THE DAY AFTER MY INSURANCE RAN OUT! They made approx. $138k from my Insurance company. Alot of the patients there had "normal teenage problems". I'm not negating the fact that SOME people really needed to be there. But even those that did - were NOT helped. Patients were not viewed as human beings with problems that they wanted to help, we were COMODITIES. I was 15 when I was there and am now 38. I have lived with this for a long time....alot of uncertainty and "self doubt". But it all makes sense now. I would like to talk to anyone who was a patient there around that time and anyone who has persued them legally!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2008, 07:22:45 PM »
HI. I remember Elvis very clearly and "SHE" is female.Some of you are not so well yet and are still telling lies to fit in. If you dont remember that ok, i'm sure you still have very important things to say.I know i would like to here them. I just spent 35 nights talking to Elvis. I could never sleep and she would talk to me for hours. she was not aloud to but she did. Sorry if i took her memory personaly, but as you can see i'm not well yet either.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2008, 01:22:37 AM »
From Wes Fager's site, blue color emphasis mine (Mark Gold is still very much associated with Fair Oaks, judging by the prolific google results, one of which roundly sounds the alarm on the evils of marijuanna, lol):

It's uncanny when you hear of some bizarre suicide by an American youth to learn that some how an associate of Melvin and Betty Sembler might be linked to the story.

On March 11, 1987 Lisa and Cheryl Burgess, Thomas Rizzo and Thomas Oltonfour, four teenagers from Bergen County, New Jersey committed suicide by automobile exhaust fumes. Exactly one month and one week later former Straightling Duane Rholfs and his friend Chris Kelley committed suicide by automobile exhaust fumes. Regarding the four deaths in New Jersey, Miller Newton, Melvin and Betty's former national clinical director at Straight, made an immediate press release blaming drugs even before the coroner's autopsy. Fair Oaks Hospital in New Jersey also called a press conference to sound the dangers of teen drug use, but the spokesperson was taken aback when a reporter asked him whether one of Fair Oak's former patients had not been one of the deceased kids.
In fact, Thomas Olton had been a patient at Fair Oaks Hospital. The nation-wide drug rehabilitation program for the Fair Oaks was the brain child of Dr. Mark Gold. In the 1980s Fair Oaks ran a national-level TV ad advising us to call 1-800-COCAINE if you had a loved one in trouble. Turns out if you called in and had a good insurance plan you were referred to one of their hospitals at $1,000 a day, but if you did not you were given the number for your local city social services department. The front page of Straight's newsletter EPIDEMIC, Vol. 10 carried this statement by Arnold Washton, a psychopharmacologist at Fair Oaks. "Crack is the most addictive drug known to man right now. . . It is almost instantly addictive." That statement scared the hell out of Straight parents. [Washton had made a statement about the addictiveness of crack cocaine in the March 17, 1986 edition of Newsweek, the veracity of which has been in question.] Straight had two drug czars associated with it, another drug czar is apparently associated with Fair Oaks. Today Dr. Mark Gold is a director on Save Our Society (SOS), another Betty Sembler charitable organization, this one to save us form drug use.[/list]
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2008, 01:45:39 AM »
And here are two intriguing tidbits from (what is left of, after hackers and spammers descended upon) the guestbook of http://www.ect.org (re. electroconvulsive therapy; generally anti-, certainly anti- sans informed consent), blue color emphasis mine:

http://www.ect.org/guestbook.html

MARTIN HIRSCHFELD  | @

Dear Juli,
I just got back from the ICSPP in New York City last night.
After seeing your TENET page I honestly feel if I were run over by a truck tomorrow my purpose on earth would have been fulfilled. I would gladly tell you of the nightmare I endured in a Tenet/NME hospital in 1989, but I am one of
thousands. My father did manage to have two doctors fired from subsequent jobs, Mukesh Patel, Carrrier Hospital, Belle Meade Peter Herriage, Overlook in Summit, NJ, (he was chief of shrinkology!) just on the basis of my personal medical records , but the New Jersey State board of Medical Examiners has yet even to this day to respond coherently to the carefully written and documented complaints he filed against four physicians. The administrative law attorney, Ben Zander, who was recommended to us wanted $15,000, just to file a writ of mandamus, (a court order compelling the state to respond).

He believes the correspondence is the most bizzare thing he has ever seen. All the court order would entitle us to, if granted, is a response, not a favorable response. ['Fuck-off' is not worth $7,500 a word.] In New Jersey the state is
a criminal enterprise, and far worse than the criminals
on the street. It will always be that way.

Martin
27 September 2000 - USA
Martin Hirschfeld  | @

The four physcians previously employeed by Fair Oaks
Hospital
against whom my father, who is a resident of
New Jersey, filed complaints of professional misconduct are:

Mukesh Patel, MD
    LNA - 29 Ichabod Crane Lane
    Belle Mead, NJ 08502

Robert Moreines, MD
    LNA - 12 Tuxedo Rd
    Glenn Ridge, NJ 07028

Peter Herridge, MD
    LNA - 1 Seward Place
    Chester, NJ 07930

Charles Ciolino, MD
    LNA - 36 Smithfield Court
    Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Note: Charles Ciolino's legal employer was 'Psychiatric Associates of New Jersey', (PANJ) not NME/Tenet. Fined by the New Jersey State Department of Insurance in 1991, for accepting per capita 'kick-backs' from NME. PANJ falsely represented itself as the 'Outpatient Department' of Fair Oaks Hospital, Summit, NJ. In addition to cash payment, PANJ, accepted free office space on the hospital property, in exchange for meeting an in-patient admissions quota. The legality of this practice is uncertain in New Jersey.

No professional sanctions were imposed against any physician in New Jersey
for bribary, fraud or conspiricy alone.

The 19 Prospect Street facility, 'Fair Oaks Hospital' was purchased by Charter Behavioral Health Care of Georgia, USA. The Hospital remains in operation.
Charter Behavioral filed for bankruptcy 11 Feb. 2000, following the killing of four patients by employess, and the collapse of the share price.

In June of 1999, I obtained a seven page list of mental health associates, incuding addresses, employed by Fair Oaks in February and March of 1989. The original is in the office an attorney in New Jersey. On June 22, 1999, Lori Rizzuto, RN 402 Bershire Drive, Princeton, NJ, 08540 (the Hospital Administrator of the month), filed a criminal complaint of harrassment against me in Summit, NJ. Obviously I've never met, heard of, or had any contact with this individual. Apparently she went clinically ape-shit when she discovered I had a list of MHA's from a decade earlier, but given to me by a currrent Tenet employee, and tried to save a job she has since lost by filing a false police report.

If you would like a photo copy of list of the sadistic little brats who worked at Fair Oaks Hospital in Summit, New Jersey in February and March 1989 please write to:

Summit Brats '89
c/o Martin Hirschfeld, LICSW
POB 264
Fairfax, VT 05454

There is no charge for this, but a letter size envelope with your address would help.

All joking aside, I believe it is a matter of public safety that every individual who was employeed in Fair Oaks in any clinical capacity be identifed and prevented from having any license in any health related field, or a position law enforcement, teaching or any area in which authority over chidren or force of any kind can be exercised. In the past eleven years I'm sure many have gone on to these professions.

27 September 2000 - USA
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2008, 01:54:42 PM »
From a piece in the archives of HighBeam Research, in case anyone has a subscription for the full monté:

—•?|•?•0•?•|?•— —•?|•?•0•?•|?•— —•?|•?•0•?•|?•—

PATRICIA ALEX
The Record (Bergen County, NJ)
07-19-1991

FAIR OAKS HOSPITAL IS FINED $400,000
By PATRICIA ALEX

Date: 07-19-1991, Friday
Section: NEWS
Edition: Four Star B, Also in Three Star P

The New Jersey Department of Insurance has levied a fine of
$400,000 -- the largest in the agency's history -- against Fair Oaks
Hospital in Summit for insurance billing irregularities, a spokeswoman