Author Topic: Hyde School  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Oppositional Defiance

• View Profile
Hyde School
« on: April 07, 2005, 09:35:00 PM »
I respectfully request that a new forum be created for former students of the Hyde Schools of Character Education (TM). There's a campus in Maine and in Connecticut. There are widespread abuses going on there. Not nearly as fucking bad as Straight or CEDU, but take either of those programs, and water them down a bit, and you get Hyde. It's all from the same bad shit. If you were to create the forum, I would do what I could to get conversation going about various topics, having spent a good deal of time at the school myself and seen a lot of shit. Thank you. And by the way, Ginger, you truly are an angel, watching over all of us. Also, could anybody give me any information about how to sue one of my parents for sending me to CEDU programs?

Much Appreciated,
OD
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
ppositional Defiance,
AKA
Black Francis the 2nd
Email- [email protected]
Phone- 727-743-1914

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
Love is the law, love under will.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Hyde School
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 04:18:00 PM »
On 2005-04-07 18:35:00, Oppositional Defiance wrote:

And by the way, Ginger, you truly are an angel, watching over all of us. Also, could anybody give me any information about how to sue one of my parents for sending me to CEDU programs?

Much Appreciated,

OD"

Ok, I'll create the forum. You and anyone else who wants to can help by locating topics that should be moved there. Also, any advice you can think of about how to do this w/ the least possible disruption (anybody have any expertise at writing Apache rewrite rules, for example? They kick my ass damned near every time!)

Thanks for the heart warming compliment. Means a lot to me. But please, please don't think I can protect anybody. I'm doing this as much for my own education and peace of mind as for anything.

And I wouldn't recomend suing kin. Good or bad, your family will always be your family. More war won't make it any better. And the courts will never be able to define the truth of the matter. It's just too... complicated and personal.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use

--Galileo Galilei

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline tommyfromhyde1

• View Profile
Hyde School
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 09:02:00 PM »
Antigen, here are a couple of threads you could
move over.
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... orum=14&14
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?topic=469&forum=9

Religious controversies are always productive of more acrimony and irreconcilable hatreds than those which spring from any other cause.
--George Washington, Revolutionary War General and U.S. President

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Hyde School
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 09:34:00 PM »
Done

Of all the enemies to public liberty, war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other.
--James Madison

Offline tommyfromhyde1

• View Profile
Hyde School
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2005, 02:35:00 PM »
Antigen, on a related topic, how do we make
our new board pop up on a Google search for
"Hyde School" or "Hyde Schools"? All I ever get
is Hyde's own websites and Lon Woodberry's
glowing praise.

It is criminal to steal a purse. It is daring to steal a fortune. It is a mark of greatness to steal a crown. The blame diminishes as the guilt increases

--Schiller (1759-1805)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Hyde School
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2005, 03:04:00 PM »
Well, giving it it's own header should help. Google, msn, inktomi and a lot of other search engines crawl our site just about daily. You can tip them off to some degree by searching by site. In the case of google, that would be "site:fornits.com hyde school"

But the most effective way to get ranking in the search engines to the honest way; simply to have relavent content. So pump in some content; whatever you find to be important or interesting. Go to the Hyde sites and grab info like funding sources or surnames of people involved and post it here. If it sparks discussion and interest, all the better. If it's useful, other people around the net will wind up linking to it. That counts for a LOT as far as the search engines are concerned.

"The Program" and two years will get you a vastly improved kid in *EXACTLY* the same way that "The Program" and four bucks will get you a cup of espresso at Starbucks.

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?topic=5617&forum=9#50637' target='_new'>Timoclea

Offline ShyGirl

• View Profile
Hyde School
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 12:22:00 PM »
On 2005-04-07 18:35:00, Oppositional Defiance wrote:

"

I respectfully request that a new forum be created for former students of the Hyde Schools of Character Education (TM). There's a campus in Maine and in Connecticut. There are widespread abuses going on there. Not nearly as fucking bad as Straight or CEDU, but take either of those programs, and water them down a bit, and you get Hyde. It's all from the same bad shit. If you were to create the forum, I would do what I could to get conversation going about various topics, having spent a good deal of time at the school myself and seen a lot of shit. Thank you. And by the way, Ginger, you truly are an angel, watching over all of us. Also, could anybody give me any information about how to sue one of my parents for sending me to CEDU programs?

Much Appreciated,

OD"

I personally wouldn't sue my parents because that would damage our relatioinship forever.  But, this website might be able to give you some info if you really wanted to.

I got the following off http://teenliberty.org/

Notice to Parents:  If you are considering sending your child away to any school, do due diligence on the school, its owner, operator and staff. In some states, failure to do due diligence -- where a child is later abused -- is child abuse, and may be chargeable to you as a felony. Your child is one of your most precious responsibilities.

Like I said...I wouldn't sue my parents, BUT if other people did, parents may become afraid to send their kids to these places like these.
\'ve often regretted my speech, never my silence

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
Hyde School
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 12:43:00 AM »
Actually, suing the parents would be an interesting angle because a couple successful cases might deter parents from sending their kid and might get more publicity...
hanlea