Author Topic: some specific staff members  (Read 39120 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
some specific staff members
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2003, 01:34:00 PM »
The name Robert Chun (Chun, I think) comes to mind when you mention blacks in the program. He was senior staff in the early '70's, and a great guy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2003, 07:37:00 AM »
I remember:  Ann, who did my intake; Janice (was she the tall black gal always off to the girl's side?); Darlene, Libby, Suzie, Penny (ugh) John and Clay; Karl, thin guy always off to the guy's side (who married Vicki Burke), along with another guy who wore glasses, can't remember his name (maybe Rick - quiet guy); some guy about John's age from Ft. Lauderdale, can't recall his name, dark haired and tall (if memory serves he was nice enough); and a little tiny gal maybe Robin (?).   I only remember Arthur coming down for a short time; then there's the gal rumoured to have married John, can't remember her name either.  I can still see all their faces even if I can't bring up their names after 29 or 30 years or however long it has been and forever on the front row.

Offline pigeon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2004, 09:05:00 AM »
I remember Suzy when she was at the Cleveland seed.
She and Scott did my intake.  I liked them both which probably helped my parents get me in there.

I liked them best because,at least then, they each had a sense of humor.  Scott's before stories were often great fun and what a relief it was to laugh.  The one I remember most clearly was a story about his getting into a drunken brawl
and going home thinking "steak, so I don't get a black eye".  He put a frozen steak on his face and passed out.  During the night the steak defrosted and the blood on his face dried with the blood on the steak.  When he woke up he thought he was blind.  I laughed my head off.

Suddenly one day he was gone, to work at the florida seed, folks said, although no one told us directly.  About three months later he was back but he was totally different, no sense of humor, no laughter just deadly serious staff member standing at the side of group.  I always wondered what happened to him.  Clearly, someone thought he was having to much fun

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2004, 03:35:00 PM »
You have a good memory, thanks for reminding me , there faces are coming back to me. remember Darlene Robertson and her little brother was on the program as well. Some of the staff members were real dorks out on the streets, and then they got to push us around, i always remember that big junkie ego thing with some of them of which many came from homes of privilage, and really knew nothing of the real streets. WE HAD TO GIVE UP OUR EGO SO THEY COULD INFLATE THEIRS !  I think more young kids wanted to try herion so they had a great story .

richard

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2004, 03:43:00 PM »
Hey richard, do you remember Art or John or anyone else saying they were in a drug rehab in New York?

This is important, so please think hard...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2004, 04:00:00 PM »
I only remember Art saying he was an alcoholic, and if you are talking about John Underwood, I  think his family lived in HOLLYWOOD FLA. area, I  think he went to DRIFTWOOD MIDDLE SCHOOL with my older brother. He was a couple of years  ahead of him. The funny thing is I don't remember John from the small house, maybe only Libby..
Most of the seed stars came in on st andrews.
the house that they used for the haunted house, is that st andrews? I don't recall most of the faces from the small house making it over to SR84

Richard

Offline Somejoker

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2004, 04:15:00 PM »
So maybe it was Nick that used to say that. Do you remember him speaking of a rehab in New York?

Richard, have you seen the pic of Art, Libby, John Perloff, Shelly and at least one other seedling? This will give you an idea what they look like now, keeping in mind this is over two years ago.

http://fornits.com/anonanon/articles/20 ... 0206-0.htm

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2004, 08:20:00 PM »
Mark did you stay in davie at anytime on  the program with one of the families?, your name seems familiar.

Richard Frost

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2004, 02:48:00 PM »
I've lived in St. Pete my whole life.  I remember a family that lived down the street from me sent the oldest brother to the Seed.  I'm guessing this would have been somewhere around 1975, give or take a year or two.  The name is Joe Portwood.  I have no idea how long he was there or whether or not it was St. Pete or Lauderdale.  I don't even really remember him to well.  His youngest sister was my age.  All I remember is that he was supposed to be this scary guy who had to go away for a while.  When he got out we found out where he was.  Does the name ring any bells with anyone?

It blows me away that there's a connection back that far.  I wonder if my parents knew of the Straight/Seed lineage.

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
--Unknown

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline marshall

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2004, 10:28:00 PM »
Are you sure the guy you are thinking of was named Clay? It sure sounds a lot like Cliff. John U. married a gal named Pam, who was also staff.
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'

Offline RicciC

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2005, 01:51:00 PM »
John was roumered to have married a girl staffer named Pam forgot her last nme. Do you guys remember Harold, thin guy w/glasses?

Offline ChrisL

• View Profile
    • http://chrislewiscpa.com
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2005, 10:13:00 PM »
Dave Crock, he was an old-timer that was already a graduate when I came on the program, became staff at Straight, Inc

Nick ?Leverone Papantanio ??(?) staffer at the St Pete seed, dark skin Italian or Sicilian heavy NY accent

John Underwood ? staffer supposedly a heroin addict from New York

Billy the midget ? staff member from lauderdale

Dennis Nowak (or Novak) ? staff member had a younger brother named Kenny was also on staff

Big Black Arthur ___________ -senior staff could be quite intimidating, but actually a softy

Susie Conners ? staff from Ft Laud

Darlene __________ - staff, red head

Libby ______ - staff

Cliff ____________

Bob Wakus ?senior staff in SP 74-75

Pam ___________ -staff

Enie Peterman? - staff SP

Dan Hubble ? oldtimer in SP staffer at one time in Lauderdale

Doug Summers - on staff in SP

Ken Harbough - oldtimer in SP lived at the house near Bayfront, became staff briefly in SP

Dana Denard ? black staffer dated and married Karen ________(?)

Penny Denard ? Dana?s sister also on staff in St Pete

Bob Rocke - staff member with Red Hair, had a younger brother with black hair,

Mike Rocke who was also on staff for a while, they moved in with the guys at the apartment for a while & then to Fort Lauderdale, were both involved in the tennis court business venture

Maggie Canfield- oldtimer from SP became staff in Ft lauderdale
hris Lewis
Seed 1973 -1975
AA 1991 -

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2005, 05:45:00 AM »
More St. Pete staff

Anne

Janice

______? blond female staff with a lisp

Robin - about 4 foot nothing tall

Pam - rumored to have married John Underwood

Harold - thin guy with glasses

Karl(??) slight built guy, dark hair - rumored to have married a gal named Vickie B from Tampa

Bob Kinzel

_______? short male staff originally from New York

Offline CherylL

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2006, 08:47:00 PM »
Wow - after reading the posts, I think I must have blocked out a lot of my time at the Seed!!  I only remember Libby (her name - not her) and Art Barker.  When he came to speak to us, which was somewhat rare, it was like Jesus came in for a visit!  Once we had to sit on the asphalt outside in the summer waiting for him to get there for what seemed like hours!!  My best friend & I got put in at the same time - all our friends had been sent already and we were kinda lonely (ahh - the stupidity of youth)and I really only remember her, a girl named Suzy from Ft. Pierce area that lived with my family for a while and a few of my friends from before we went in.   :scared:
heryl L
Seedling 1972-1974

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2006, 08:43:00 AM »
Terry ______