Author Topic: Another REALLY good Online Straight group that is supportive  (Read 1762 times)

Offline atlantastraight

• View Profile
Another REALLY good Online Straight group that is supportive
« on: September 02, 2001, 01:17:34 AM »
There is also a VERY good support group for Straight Survivors on Yahoo Groups.

There are 75 active members

The link is
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Straight_Inc_Alumni'>groups.yahoo.com/group/St...Inc_Alumni

There are people there that are from all Straight locations, and are very supportive.

Check it out...

Brian

Atlanta Straight P.O.W.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline shepard2112

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2001, 03:19:39 PM »
straight
hi,

iwas in from 84 -86. my name is tom.i did alot of drugs and was messed up but never felt as empty and void as i did in there for almost 2 years. that place was more mind alltering than any drug. i still have dreams about being locked back in there and trying to ''copp out''. i guess only those who where there can understand. as for suicides i dont know of any outside of my own attempt-i did it wrong thank god-however one of my friends was shot in the head in his car over a drug deal .of course it was exploited in group . i guess it was a form of suicide- the dealing w/drugs that is.talk to you later -maybe?

" love ya "

tom

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2002, 09:07:00 AM »
hi tom,
I can relate to what you went through with suicide attempts. I have been struggling with depression most of my life.. that I cannot blame on Straight Inc. since it stemmed up before I even went into that facility.
Once I was being rebellious and got sent to a room (was thrown on the floor) the tile was cracked inside this room (in the facility) and pieces of it people peeled off from this room.. I tried to take one of the pieces and tried to slit my wrists.
The oldcomer being "aware" of me didn't notice me for 15 minutes, and then she asked "are you slitting your wrists?" I didn't answer her, she raised her hand during a rap session at the door of the room. The person doing the rap session didn't call on her for 1/2 an hour! By that point I was tired of crying and I was nearly asleep.
I was thrown into another room by staff and talked to by a councellor.. I told them I was tired of being yelled at for things that seemed very petty. They told me "it's something you need for your recovery, you need to stop being a druggie and listen up!"
I felt like there was no hope.
I cried all that day and felt like nobody was there for me to understand the pain and suffering.
I went to my host home that night and read the bible. (some oldcomers actually allowed us to do that). I found peace and a bit of comforting in that and I knew that tommorow would be a better day if I just kept doing what I was told "one day at a time" (and I thought to myself, yeah, then I can finally get out of here!)
usan Minns