Author Topic: Holocaust Musuem thinks its your parents fault  (Read 1887 times)

Offline Marti

• View Profile
    • http://www.straightincorporated.com
Holocaust Musuem thinks its your parents fault
« on: November 01, 2002, 08:42:00 PM »
The Development director of the St. Pete holocaust musuem was called today to raise concerns over mel sembler being on the board.
The development director while speaking to incmedia representive said this.
"I don't believe that it (straight)was as bad as that group makes it out to be.
Then proceeded with:
"If you all need to be angry at someone you should be angry at your parents for putting you in there".
incmedia rep "Am I to understand then that you believe that Mel Sembler should hold no responsbility for anything that happened in Straight and that it is the parents fault"
Answer: "Yes"
Further stating" I dont believe that the kids ended up any worse when they got out, and the parents did have the freedom to put their kids in there or not so they should accept the responsibility for what happened instead of targeting the semblers. There was a choice and freedom on the parents part.

Interviewer:"If the parents where lied to and once you turned 18 you were held against your will anyway then you are mistaken about choice".
Answer" Well I dont even have any proof that all the abuse is true"

Interviewer:"You may feel free to look at all the documented proof located at http://www.thestraights.com"

Answer: Well , I don't need to look at that."

Interviewer "So, your not interested as a member of the holocaust musuem in even determining whether these acts took place?'

Answer:"Ok, fine if I get time Ill look it over"

Interviewer: "Do you not find it ironic that Sembler is on the board of a holocaust musuem given his program horrific past?"

Answer" Again, I think the people to focus on and blame are the parents who put them in there. What is it you want?

Interviewer: "We would like you to at least look at other options with less controversy for Semblers place on the board".

Answer"Well I know all about your group and we answer to other people like our board directors.

Interviewer: Thank you for your time.

Interview contucted on Nov 1, 2002 at approx
2:30 pm. with a Mr. Gary Polland- Development Director Holocaust Musuem St. Pete ... extention 249

Interviewers conclusion: To follow Mr. Pollands line of thinking then he must also believe that the survivors of the holocaust should not be blaming Hitler but instead their parents who chose to call Germany home.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline hedwigfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2002, 09:22:00 PM »
read about the holocaust.
ll this world is but a play
Be thou the joyful player
\"Maya\"  The Incredible String Band

Offline the other anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2002, 09:42:00 PM »
Marti,

Thank you for your time in posting this information.  I am wondering who the interviewer was -- called "incmedia" or just "Interviewer".

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2002, 09:44:00 PM »
Sembler sitting on that board isn't so surprising.  Right wing Jewish folks are known for many fine traits, but like ANY conservative, devout group (think radical protestant/muslim/hindu/any other)they will NOT be real big on the opinions of others when it is counter to their own. The Sembler's fit in this group. This is a spare the rod spoil the child crowd.  They believe in what they preach at DFAF.  True believers are difficult to convince.  Imagine telling your grandma the baptist that the bible is wrong and we all evolved from something wiggling in the stew 3.5 billion years ago. I tried this once on my mother outlaw and she mustered up all of her bluster and said "I didn't evolve from a monkey", a very debatable point indeed.  Getting her to agree would be analogous to Sembler saying "oh wow, we screwed up with Straight".  Cannot happen...

....THEY BELIEVE.

Bill  

[ This Message was edited by: tampa survivor on 2002-11-01 19:33 ]
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline enough

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2002, 02:57:00 AM »
Affidavits, sworn statements, collected and compiled by someone such as Marti- and delivered en mass to the board of directors by a lawyer would probably get more attention.

Or even better, reported on by the St. Pete Times.

Great stuff though marti, excellent. I'd ask Wes to put that interview up on his website.

But I have to agree with Bill, this is roughly analogous to trying to convince Ashcroft that nudity and dancing are healthy and acceptable, or Falwell that homosexuality is a natural state.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2002, 12:41:00 PM »
I'd just be interested in reaching the people who donate to the museum and foundation, thinking they're supporting good people and a good cause. Same problem, thoug. Truth be damned, it's a hard sell.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes