Author Topic: What I am asking and what I want Answers too..  (Read 14516 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
What I am asking and what I want Answers too..
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2005, 01:45:00 AM »
On 2005-05-13 22:16:00, Anonymous wrote:

What is shameful is that we are at each other's throats because we don't agree on experiences.

And what would have happened if these ladies had said back then just what they're saying now? Would you have been at their throats?

The government is much more interested in preserving the purity of its ideology than it is in allowing patients to get effective medicine.
-- Ethan B. Russo, neurologist at Western Montana Clinic

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2005, 05:11:00 PM »
oh shit that's insightful.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2005, 07:21:00 PM »
Sarah isn't and has been at anyones throat. She is saying it's a shame that people can't just accept each others differences and get over it, I don't see how that is being at anyones throat.

Melissa.

On 2005-05-13 22:45:00, Antigen wrote:

"

On 2005-05-13 22:16:00, Anonymous wrote:

What is shameful is that we are at each other's throats because we don't agree on experiences.

And what would have happened if these ladies had said back then just what they're saying now? Would you have been at their throats?

The government is much more interested in preserving the purity of its ideology than it is in allowing patients to get effective medicine.
-- Ethan B. Russo, neurologist at Western Montana Clinic

"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2005, 09:08:00 PM »
*hasn't

Melissa.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2005, 02:00:00 PM »
By the way, it wasn't Sarah that posted that.

Offline kerryberry420

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2005, 04:29:00 PM »
my god this got out of control this has turned into a war between girls each trying to prove that they are right.  that wasn't what this was about at all.  this was ONLY about trying to make legislature that monitors programs more closely.  not just mms, all of them.  the "teen help" industry is the fastest growing industry in the country and programs are popping up everywhere, i persoanlly think there should be an agency created just to monitor these programs.  not something to get in the way of what they are doing but somehting to make sure that the girls (and boys) come first.  sorry i let myself get off of my own topic even, but this was really all i wanted to get across.

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2005, 09:13:00 PM »
where ya been??

it's been brutal out here
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline clairem

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2005, 10:22:00 PM »
Hello,
I am new to this forum, in fact, I have never joined a chat forum, so this is new and obviously i am a bit late for the conversations.  I want to share my perspective.  I attened mms from 94-96.  When I left, I attended college in helena montana with another former student, Elissa.  She and I were extremely close, but there were differences in our experience leaving that school.  For those of you that were there when I was, you probably rememeber how "historic" my workcrew was and how hard John was on me.  I would also like to clear a misconception--just because I am not okay now with mms is NOT my fault, it has taken me years to figure out what exactly was wrong with me.  I entered the school with post-traumatic-stress-disorder from watching my mothers battle and eventual death from cancer. Noone there diagnosed me because they didn't have the knowledge or credentials to.  John so misjudged my character that I was forced to make up stories to satify him, and boy do I have many examples still.  And I did not leave mms and get "fucked up."  I was an active participant of AA for three years and strictly lived by my aftercare plan until my depression became so severe I had to take a good look at my life or I was going to do something drastic.  I am not an alcoholic.  I have been drinking moderately and normally for six years now and have no interest in smoking cigarettes or pot.  THe point I want to make is this.  Yes, some girls did have good experiences there, there were favorites, and sarah dear, you were one of them because you are so "available' and loveable.  I was so emotionally disturbed, they did not have the training to know exactly what was wrong with me and ended up doing far more damage than good--and this is not just opinion, this is coming from my years with Phd therapists, psychics..you name it.  They need to be regulated--especially when dealing with severe problems.  My therapist asked me if I would be interested in a law suit...I don't think that is what I need to do right now...I am tired of living in the nightmares and pain of what was done.  And calling someone a disgusting person IS abuse...allowing a young girl to be in below zero wheather...after I begged at Johns window to come in just to get warm and being denied...IS abuse.  there are facts here...separate from any opinion. ANyway, I hope someone reads this.  do email me personally if you would like. [email protected]
peace.

Offline hugakid

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2005, 12:19:00 AM »
Welcome! You have a lot of support here!!!! No doubt about that.  ::drummer::  :wave:

Please, do not pay attention to those who will try to praise MMS, even when they hear how sad some of these girls' stories are.

They'll read your story, as sad as it is, and some of them will still come back around and try to say "rah rah MMS is great. It was good for me. I don't know what I would have done without it."

That's what's happened in the past here and I just do not want you to be discouraged if it happens again. These girls obviously did not have to experience what you did or else they are dilusional. It's one or the other.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2005, 01:49:00 AM »
On 2005-05-17 21:19:00, hugakid wrote:

"Welcome! You have a lot of support here!!!! No doubt about that.  ::drummer::  :wave:

Please, do not pay attention to those who will try to praise MMS, even when they hear how sad some of these girls' stories are.

They'll read your story, as sad as it is, and some of them will still come back around and try to say "rah rah MMS is great. It was good for me. I don't know what I would have done without it."

That's what's happened in the past here and I just do not want you to be discouraged if it happens again. These girls obviously did not have to experience what you did or else they are dilusional. It's one or the other."

First of all, I fully support Claire's experience. She was thoughtful and didn't condemn anyone else. I am NOT one of those people with a good experience at MMS, I am NOT defending the school and don't desire to, but I will defend everyone's right to their own opinion and experience. I may have hated MMS, but some girls I am still friends with loved it. I certainly won't just dismiss them because of a difference in opinion. You Hugakid are absolutely ridiculous. I can't even believe you would say to just ignore people who enjoyed the school and that they are clearly just delusional. Last time I checked, this forum was still for people to discuss and share both negative AND positive experiences without fear of being put down. What you said was just ludicrous and if people should ignore anything it should be you and your silly rant. Hopefully you just chose the wrong words and didn't intend for your post to come off as it did.

Melissa Gower.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2005, 01:54:00 PM »
do you ever shut up?

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2005, 02:03:00 PM »
Hey Claire,

Welcome- glad you found this forum.  I'm also glad to hear you have such a supportive PhD that's got your back- i've seen a few in the past but i never spoke of MMS to them.  this forum and my other activities have become a form of therapy for me instead regarding MMS.
Please keep in touch- it's good to hear from old alumni as I have not really heard from that many girls from the past- and even if we never met, i kind of feel as if i know you.

talk to you soon!
kat
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2005, 07:02:00 PM »
Hey, anon who posted

do you ever shut up?  

Who or what are you directing that to?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2005, 08:18:00 PM »
I'm sure they were directing it to me, and you'll be happy to know I do "shut up". I don't talk just to hear myself as some people here apparently do. I don't have time for anonymous bullshit anymore, so if anyone has anything worthwhile to say to me, and they want to stop being a pussy and say their name feel free to email me or message me on AIM. [email protected], AIM name XOWNTHECROWNX. For those of you who are being honest and forthcoming, good luck on whatever it is you plan to do. I hope you are able to find some resolution to whatever is bothering you. You can email me or message me as well if you want any support or just to talk. To anyone else you know where to find me. I'm done with this message board.

Melissa Gower.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2005, 08:37:00 PM »
"Please, do not pay attention to those who will try to praise MMS, even when they hear how sad some of these girls' stories are." -Hugakid

I am sitting here with a fellow friend AND student from MMS.  I am so disgusted that you try to shut everyone up who had a good experience.  NONE OF US TRY TO SHUT UP THE GIRLS WITH BAD EXPERIENCES.  We are here to offer support.  Neither I or the girl sitting next to me are going to apologize for having a good experience there.  Why should we?  It helped us to change our lives for the better and now we are both living the lives we deserve.  And most importantly, we are happy.  I would love to offer support, and so would my friend, but its people like you who keep the rivalry between friends going.

And whoever told Melissa to shut up should really take a look at all of her posts.  To this day, she remains a good friend of both of us sitting here and everything she has said on this site is not only insightful, but it is compassionate, supportive and understanding to both sides of this issue.  In addition, she does not remain faceless, but offers her name and information to those seeking her support and friendship.  These are all qualities you don't posess.  Melissa is a strong and good hearted person with a lot to offer and everything she has said has offered friendship and care to people on both sides.

JR and WS.  If you know us, you'll figure it out.