Author Topic: Paging Chi3 or anyone w/ infor carolina springs  (Read 10316 times)

Offline alternativa

• View Profile
Paging Chi3 or anyone w/ infor carolina springs
« on: May 04, 2005, 12:40:00 AM »
My son's friend was sent off to Carolina Spring about 6 months ago (or we think that's where she went). I was told Chi3 pulled her daughter out. If anyone has any information on Carolina Springs, please let me know. It has an awful reputation and I am really worried about Kelly. Her brother died of a heroin overdose and her parents are tripped out and bought into the whole--it's the only way to save her life thing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 12:45:00 AM »
Thank you for the articles. I'm going to give these to her parents. If anyone else has details about Carolina Springs or has been there, please let me know. Thanks again.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile

Offline tinasm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 11:33:00 AM »
Hi. I just found this website and I am willing to offer my experience and hope with you.  My daughter has been at Carolina Springs Academy for 14 months.  We are picking her up this weekend.  She seems have a different perspective but we really don't know yet. I am really not 'for' or 'against'-I do have certain things I am not too thrilled about, but I have to admit my daughter seems to have changed for the better. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2005, 12:07:00 PM »
14 months? Yeah... I bet she's changed.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 07:34:00 AM »
Given the fact that its well known if you dont act perfect you can be sent back to the program, how much do you bet she'd desperately not want to go back?

Furthermore, if you spend 14 months away from your parents, you will grow up in those 14 months, so you will seem different to them.

I think the real 'test' is if she'll still be okay 3-5 years down the road, and/or if she acts differently as soon as she turns 18 and is out of your control.

We discover in the gospels a groundwork of vulgar ignorance, of things impossible, of superstition, fanaticism and fabrication.
--Thomas Jefferson, U.S. President, author, scientist, architect, educator, and diplomat

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline ButterflyEP

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 09:24:00 AM »
well i am home from carolina springs academy and its been a month i am doing really well i am not too sure what meant when you said i'll bet she changed but graduation never gave anyone a gaurentee to do well i have seen 4 people come back to the program after program completion and getting pulled never said you will always do bad... i have changed the way i think about things and decided i wanted a change on the inside and i wanted it for me so it happened i graduted all seminars but pc 2 and 3 and keys... thats a good accomplishment... so i'm asking you to not judge on what you hear from other people until to the person first cause i was not ready to some home a day earlier then i did... and i am finally happy with my family... if you or anyone has questions contact me at [email protected]
eople who have nothing to hide, hide nothing!!! Shoot for the moon cause if you miss you\'ll land among the stars!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005, 10:16:00 AM »
On 2005-06-10 06:24:00, ButterflyEP wrote:

"well i am home from carolina springs academy and its been a month i am doing really well i am not too sure what meant when you said i'll bet she changed but graduation never gave anyone a gaurentee to do well i have seen 4 people come back to the program after program completion and getting pulled never said you will always do bad... i have changed the way i think about things and decided i wanted a change on the inside and i wanted it for me so it happened i graduted all seminars but pc 2 and 3 and keys... thats a good accomplishment... so i'm asking you to not judge on what you hear from other people until to the person first cause i was not ready to some home a day earlier then i did... and i am finally happy with my family... if you or anyone has questions contact me at [email protected]"

:roll: The usual WWASPie bullshit. "Graduation is not a guarantee" (just in case the child is not brainwashed enough), "I was not ready to come home a day earlier than I did" (why, of course, according to WWASP, you deserved every single thing that went on in there), "I'm finally happy" (not thinking independently seems to have that effect on people, which is sad). The only mantra you're missing to complete the series is the "the program saved my life" line.

WWASP tortures, brainwashes and sometimes kills its victims. The above post is a good example. The program is not "helping" anyone. It has no therapeutic value and it is not geared to help kids work out their issues. It is, however, geared towards pressuring them to give in to the system and to submit to be re-wired through Lifespring seminars.

Offline ButterflyEP

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 05:28:00 PM »
I understand that this was your experience OF csa... but i ask you to realize that at the age of fourteen i already had lost my virginity and at that point i was not protected so i could have gotten pregnant now tell me how ALIVE i would have been if i gave birth at age 15 or even an abortion... granted i was lucky enough that my mom took me away before i was able to get pregnant or contract an STD... i had also started drinking which could have killed me too... so yes CSA saved my life... no I DO NOT like csa.. it was the people that changed my life no i do not agree with telling teens they have made a mistake by giving them corrections... but i cannot tell you that the way you think is wrong because i do not know your story but you dont know what it is like to live in a dorm for 15 months and only see the ones you love 1 time and you havent gone through the experiences i have so i dont see how you can say that it does not work if you yourself have not experienced it...
eople who have nothing to hide, hide nothing!!! Shoot for the moon cause if you miss you\'ll land among the stars!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2005, 05:50:00 PM »
at the age of fourteen i already had lost my virginity and at that point i was not protected so i could have gotten pregnant now tell me how ALIVE i would have been if i gave birth at age 15 or even an abortion... granted i was lucky enough that my mom took me away before i was able to get pregnant or contract an STD... i had also started drinking which could have killed me too... so yes CSA saved my life...

So, you had sex at 14, and drank? A lot of teens are doing much worse at that age, it's the age you are entering high school.

Why the over dramatic, 'csa saved my life'? I don't really understand. I notice a lot of graduates credit the program with saving their life, yet every teen I've ever met at some point puts themselves in a 'potentially' life or death situation, it's not unique.

Sure, WWASP convinces you what you have done is so dangerous its amazing you are still alive, but honestly, in the real world this isn't the case.

Does anyone else notice all posts from program graduates have to include the fact WWASP saved their life? I just think that is strange.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 06:03:00 PM »
but i ask you to realize that at the age of fourteen i already had lost my virginity and at that point i was not protected so i could have gotten pregnant now tell me how ALIVE i would have been if i gave birth at age 15 or even an abortion... granted i was lucky enough that my mom took me away before i was able to get pregnant or contract an STD... i had also started drinking which could have killed me too... so yes CSA saved my life

I'm going to say something a bit radical here:

What you did is not that bad. It sounds like an extremely typical teenage behaviour. Let me even go further with this: you weren't knocking on death's door.

Sure, you could have contracted an STD. Or you could have falled off the guy's bed and hit your head real bad. Or you could have been run over by a car on your way back home.
Or...
This list could go on and on. The fact is, the world is not a bubble, and there are dangers out there.

And here's something even more extreme: even if you were to continue this behavior for another year or two, most chances are, that you would have matured and moved on, like 99.9% of all the other "troubled" teens.

You were not about to die. You were not as wild and dangerous as WWASP wants you to believe. You are not as terrible and horrible and messed up as WWASP wants you to believe. And you did not deserve what they did to you in ther.e

... no I DO NOT like csa.. it was the people that changed my life no i do not agree with telling teens they have made a mistake by giving them corrections... but i cannot tell you that the way you think is wrong because i do not know your story but you dont know what it is like to live in a dorm for 15 months and only see the ones you love 1 time and you havent gone through the experiences i have so i dont see how you can say that it does not work if you yourself have not experienced it..."

I'm sorry you had to go through that. No one deserves to be locked up for 15 months and only be allowed to see their family once. Even convicted murderers get weekly visits.

Offline ButterflyEP

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2005, 12:21:00 PM »
I am not a graduate of any program... it took me 15 months to muake it to the 3rd level... but when i read your replies i find myself wondering what has happened to you that was so horrible that CSA is like a death sentence to you... no i was not knocking on deaths door but my fear is of turning out like my father... the drunk that often times fogets when hes supposed to come visit me... and with drinking at that age that is where i was heading... no CSA did NOT save my life it was my mother for taking the chance of having me hate her forever and interveining into my life realizing that i could not stop on my own... my mom was one of that 99.9% of those people that matured and moved on... but it took her 10 years and i am much happier waking up not worried whether or not i was going to live to see the next day... i have found more confidence...you know i have come to the point where i will LITERALLY never step foot into the state of south carolina again... i think that i just needed someone to interupt me and my "patterns" for me to look at what i was doing and what i was putting on the line... i have wanted to be in the Air force for as long as i can remember but with my fear of south carolina that doesnt seem possible now... so i am angry because i am giving up my dream but i do not regret it because... (you said i did not deserve to be treated like that) they treated me with respect and love i was only upset when i didnt get my way... yeah there was that one bad apple that no one liked but she was taken care of...the students there help me see that i am so much better then someones doormat... I was taught that i am just as beautiful as a butterfly... so my point is we have our different opinions and you know why i have mine but why do you have yours...you can email me if you want... [email protected]... i am not defending the school but it worked for me... i know its not for everyone...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2005, 01:55:00 PM »
I am not a graduate of any program... it took me 15 months to muake it to the 3rd level... but when i read your replies i find myself wondering what has happened to you that was so horrible that CSA is like a death sentence to you... no i was not knocking on deaths door but my fear is of turning out like my father... the drunk that often times fogets when hes supposed to come visit me... and with drinking at that age that is where i was heading...

Not necessarily. Occasional/social drinking, even during the teen years, does not mean you're going to become an alcoholic. Most people drink when they are young-- and most of them don't become dependent on alcohol.

no CSA did NOT save my life it was my mother for taking the chance of having me hate her forever and interveining into my life realizing that i could not stop on my own...

That's the same as saying that the program saved you... you are saying that your stay in the program, initiated by your mother, saved you. Why are you so convinced you were going to die? Why are you convinced you would not have become one of those 99.9% who grow up and move on? You weren't given the chance to move on... you were locked up. It's impossible to know what would have happened had you been allowed to stay in the real world and learn from your mistakes and choices.

my mom was one of that 99.9% of those people that matured and moved on... but it took her 10 years and i am much happier waking up not worried whether or not i was going to live to see the next day...

Again-- why are you convinced you were on the verge of dying? You said you were having sex and drinking alcohol. These behaviors are NOT life threatening (unless you are drinking enough to cause alcohol poisoning, which takes a very large amount of alcohol and which is very unlikely). You were NOT at a risk of dying, despite what you've been told.

i have found more confidence... you know i have come to the point where i will LITERALLY never step foot into the state of south carolina again...

If you have found so much confidence in yourself, why is iot that you won't go to SC ever again? CSA is highly abusive, like all other WWASP programs. That I know. But if you truly do believe that you were treated with notihng but respect and love (as you stated below), then what are you afraid of?

i think that i just needed someone to interupt me and my "patterns" for me to look at what i was doing and what i was putting on the line...

That sounds like program language to me. Especially the "interrupting the patterns" line.

i have wanted to be in the Air force for as long as i can remember but with my fear of south carolina that doesnt seem possible now... so i am angry because i am giving up my dream

Why would you have to give up your dreams? You're not at CSA anymore-- you don't have to give up anything you don't want to give up. The Air Force trains most of its people in TX, by the way.

but i do not regret it because... (you said i did not deserve to be treated like that) they treated me with respect and love i was only upset when i didnt get my way...

You said you were kept there fro 15 months, and only allowed to see your family once. There's nothing respectful or loving about keeping a child away from her family for so long. I know that children are not allowed to make phone calls till they reach level 3-- there's nothing loving or respectful about that either.
I don't blame anyone who gets upset under these conditions. You had every right to be upset. Seeing you family regularly is a fundamental right of children in treatment facilities. Your rights were being violated. You have every right to be upset about that.

yeah there was that one bad apple that no one liked but she was taken care of...the students there help me see that i am so much better then someones doormat... I was taught that i am just as beautiful as a butterfly...

I'm happy for you, then. But it is the way in which you were taught all this that I question. The methods used by the program-- prolonged separation from family, solitary confinement, seminars patterened after Lifespring seminars (Lifespring is a cult, by the way, and David Gilcrease, the man who designed the seminars for WWASP, used to be a Lifespring trainer), etc. Not to mention the rampant physical and emotional abuse of children in these facilities.

All these methods and practices are wrong, and should not be allowed.

so my point is we have our different opinions and you know why i have mine but why do you have yours...you can email me if you want... [email protected]... i am not defending the school but it worked for me... i know its not for everyone..."

I have developed my opinions about the program offered by WWASP after about two years of research. I've read personal testimonies of children from all of WWASP's facilities-- graduates and non-graduates, kids who believe they benefitted from the program and kids who said they were abused. I read statements from parents. I've researched the origins of the program-- how it came to be, who shaped and designed it. I've researched the people who lead WWASP, and their histories.

All my research led my to the conclusion that WWASP operates a highly abusive program based on cultic principles, and uses coercive persuasion to convince children and parents that they have benefitted and that their problems have been solved. it is my conclusion that WWASP is a highly abusive, dangerous program, which should be outlawed.

I'm glad you're not taking this as a personal attack, by the way-- many children who believe the program helped them become so identified with the program, they perceive any attack on it as an attack on them. And I'm glad you're doing wlel, and that you're happy. That's the most important thing.