Author Topic: A cult?  (Read 38629 times)

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
Re: A cult?
« Reply #480 on: April 28, 2009, 01:25:48 AM »
Quote from: "psy"
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"
Quote from: "try another castle"
You *do* know that WWASPS was spearheaded by the Mormon church, right? Maia talks about it in her book. You wouldnt *believe* how many programs out there were started by Mormon interests.

Yes, I am very well aware. Just making a comment as to the fact that the "cult-like" mind control exists just as much in the mormon religion as it does in the programs.

That's not true.

In my experience they were almost exactly alike, given a few differences but the methods were wholly the same. Again I am not necessarily referring to the Mormon religion as much as the fundamentalist church and communities or "ranches" they operate. It's eerily similar. Remember that they had to have gotten this program model from somewhere, and as much as you'd assume that they got it from Straight and other programs before them, in the methods used its actually a lot more like a religion then a program. For Instance we never had any of the raps or silly songs except in the seminars and although the "therapy" was confrontational it was mostly used as peer pressure to uphold the doctrine of the program before it was ever used on a personal basis. Not saying Straight is not a mentor to the modern program just as much as the Mormon religion but I have to say that from experience I felt like the Mormon religion had a prominent existence in the program.

But again, you are talking to a person who believes that ALL religions are in some way "cult-like", and Mormonism is certainly not excluded.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 28, 2009, 02:21:03 AM »
So oft in theologic wars,
The disputants, I ween,
Rail on in utter ignorance
Of what each other mean,
And prate about an Elephant
Not one of them has seen!

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 28, 2009, 12:01:48 PM »

But again, you are talking to a person who believes that ALL religions are in some way "cult-like", and Mormonism is certainly not excluded.

I'm with you Femanon... For me I do not need to go to a church to express my beliefs. Many times I see people get so wrapped up into churches and get their thinking distorted. Take snake handlers, not much difference from any other religon, just some are more bizzarr than others.

For me I would rather spend time at a beach or doing anything that brings peaceful feelings inside me. I lived through confrontation while at Straight and while being brought had to go to church and found that kind of life is not for me.

Am I an agnostic... NO
Am I an athiest.....NO
Am I a christian....NO
I am a man of my own beliefs.

When it comes to Cults, what is the difference between The Moonies, Harry Krishnas, and Mormons or Jewish. I mean come on.... The Jews nailed the man to a cross for Pete's sake. Any organized religon is a cult. I personally like being a free man and not have to follow a set belief.

Religious people are like cattle, most can not think for themselves so they follow.

Botched

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 28, 2009, 12:46:32 PM »
Quote from: "Botched Programming"
Religious people are like cattle, most can not think for themselves so they follow.

I don't think that's true. Some people just want to be part of a community of people with similar ethics/beliefs.

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 28, 2009, 01:41:20 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"

I don't think that's true. Some people just want to be part of a community of people with similar ethics/beliefs.

Hence what I said above, they are like cattle...... Followers not leaders.

:blabla:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 28, 2009, 03:04:51 PM »

Hence what I said above, they are like cattle...... Followers not leaders.

:blabla:

It's human nature to want to be part of a community/group. You are a leader of one, yourself. That's not must to brag about. You don't have to put down the choices of others to make yourself feel better your choice to be a loner, oops, I mean 'leader'.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 28, 2009, 03:10:15 PM »

It's human nature to want to be ............. Bahhh  Bahhhhhhhhhhh   Bahhhhhh

Sheeple

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 28, 2009, 03:16:30 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 28, 2009, 03:28:12 PM »
What's your point? :twofinger:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 28, 2009, 03:29:02 PM »
once mormons came to my house.

i pulled out my desert eagle and started counting down from five.

i blinked

they were gone.

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 28, 2009, 03:38:09 PM »

It's human nature to want to be part of a community/group. You are a leader of one, yourself. That's not must to brag about. You don't have to put down the choices of others to make yourself feel better your choice to be a loner, oops, I mean 'leader'.

Guest... I am no leader nor am I a follower. I am personally a free man who is not controlled or governed by a set definition of what my peers want me to be. I do not have to conform to a set standard of belief's that somebody else thought was good for them. Churches have doctrines that it's members have to conform to. As in all good cults you are told what to believe and live by their definition of right and wrong.

As far as cattle went.... I may have been wrong.... Lets go with sheep... In hymnals I have seen there is a religious song that is titled ..... "BRINGING IN THE SHEEP" so there is a leader telling people the same thing I am however I am being argued with because of my insite on this and the man of the cloth is leading his followers like sheep as they follow blindly. Also I am not putting down the choices of others, only letting people know that they do not have to follow others to be happy but to live and think on their own.

P.S.
Don't take it personal.... many people are just followers.

:feedtrolls:

Sincerely,
Botched
 :peace:

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 28, 2009, 07:11:56 PM »
I am personally a free man who is not controlled or governed by a set definition of what my peers want me to be. I do not have to conform to a set standard of belief's that somebody else thought was good for them. Churches have doctrines that it's members have to conform to. As in all good cults you are told what to believe and live by their definition of right and wrong.

Thank you for that. It may just be the way I have always been, but its very hard for me to just blindly accept illogical concepts on behalf of being part of a group. Id much rather make up my own mind, based on my own experience and what feels morally right.

It surprises me how gullible people can be.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 28, 2009, 08:34:28 PM »
I mean come on.... The Jews nailed the man to a cross

That is the one thing that fills me with the most pride about my people.

I hope he comes back so we can do it again.

Fuckin hippie.

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 28, 2009, 08:52:23 PM »
Just a quick announcement

If i do in fact contract the Swine Flu I will be attending as many local Mormon church gatherings as I can find

and insist on hugging everyone.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 28, 2009, 08:56:14 PM »
Just a quick announcement

If i do in fact contract the Swine Flu I will be attending as many local Mormon church gatherings as I can find

and insist on hugging everyone.

If you kept kosher you wouldnt have to worry about that. :P