Author Topic: Is my mom's punishment ok?  (Read 4444 times)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Is my mom's punishment ok?
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2009, 02:09:28 AM »
Quote from: "fake username"
Quote from: "psy"
I was unaware nospank was pushing to outlaw spanking.  Are you saying that's the case?

Nospank takes the position that children should no longer be excluded from the legal protections against assault and battery that apply to adults.

That makes sense.  But the problem is enforcing it.  How is it even possible?  If it means, as our troll friend suggested, putting a camera in every home or some sort of "raising your kid" inspector person, it's probably not worth it.  The CPS are nazis as it is.  I tend to agree with the program side that the government should have no business raising kids.  Where I differ is that I believe that kids should be able to assert certain natural rights that are not protected at the moment (or at least not enforced), such as the right to refuse treatment.  Minors, at a certain age, can refuse medical treatment, but somehow that's not the case with programs since they operate in sort of a mushy middleground where they claim that it's "emotional growth" and not technically treatment.

If a procedure undertaken while a minor (such as thought reform) has effects lasting into adulthood, it's essentially an adult decision and as such, something that requires consent of the particular person (even if a minor at the time) to undergo.  What programs do is not a tiny thing.  Programs do change personalities, but the change is hardly gentle, hardly humane, and hardly ethical, especially when it is done without fully informed consent...  and it tends to backfire even when it does "work"...  Probably has something to do with the fact that you can't "help" people if they don't want your help.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Is my mom's punishment ok?
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2009, 04:25:52 PM »
Quote from: "Avery"
I did the stupidist thing. I'm a 13 year old guy. I got caught shoplifting 3 sex magazines at a small card store, and the cops were called on me. The owner didnt press charges and I got off with a warning. My mom was called to the store and everything, it was a nightmare. I know stealing is wrong.

When we got home she slapped me, told me to get to my room so she could calm down. In like 30 mins she came up to my room with a belt. Her eyes were red like she was crying. She said I was getting the "spanking of my life" She was very disapointed in me said I could have gotten a criminal record and my life could have been ruined. She told me to strip down and bend over the bed. She used the belt on my butt, for like 15 minutes and it was pretty hard. Then she got a hairbrush and told me to get over her lap. The second spanking lasted like 15 minutes too. I was crying so hard.

She said I was also grounded for a month, no phone, TV, computer, or hanging out with friends. After school I go to my room, and come out only to eat and use the bathroom. Total lockdown, all I can do is read. Weekends too + extra chores. My allowance is cut for 2 months.

This was the first time my mom spanked or grounded me, and I never did anything this bad ever before. I learned my lesson. She said she was sorry for slapping my face. But from now on she's going to be stricter with me, and that includes spanking and grounding.

Will my mom ever look at me the same again, will she ever trust me? I know I deserved my punishment, but is the spanking part okay and the fact that I'm getting them from now on?

p.s. My grounding starts Monday after school
2 months ago
Additional Details
She's not abusive at all..... The naked part was embarassing but no one else saw me but her.
2 months ago

She's not going to stop loving me is she?
2 months ago

15 mins but she stopped now and then to lecture me

Sounds like she was terribly aroused by her sexualized young man  :seg2:

I'm jealous as shit! She should've figged you too.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »