Author Topic: Didn't we all used to be friends?  (Read 21806 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Didn't we all used to be friends?
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2005, 06:08:00 PM »
I'm sorry for anyone who feels hurt or abandoned by the other girls they attended MMS with, but I do think it's important to remember that we didn't all used to be friends. While at MMS you weren't allowed to be rude to people,tell them you didn't like them, or not be around them. Just because you're in a group like that doesn't mean that everyone is friends and loves each other,it just means that they aren't allowed to express their feelings of dislike for certain people. There were definately people at MMS that I didn't like and wouldn't have been around if I didn't have to. I don't have any ill will towards them, but I also don't expect anything from them at all. I'm not sure if people are not realizing this, but it seems like some people were honestly under the impression that everyone was friends and did care for each other. Maybe realizing that wasn't how it really was will help those people get past any hurt or resentments they have towards certain other girls.

Melissa Gower.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2005, 07:58:00 PM »
THE TOPIC "DIDN'T WE ALL USED TO BE FRIENDS"
does not mean that we were ALL friends. It means that we were all aquaintances to one another, but we formed many strong relationships together, especially with those who we choose to be our closest friends. I could name many many girls that I would get along with, and most would consider me to be their close friend. It's  unrealistic to say that EVERYONE was friends, its just an expression, and it seemed obvious to me that it was only an expression.I don't think anyone else realy got the impression that we were all great buddies. I can say for myself that I loved many girls there, and I also didn't like a handful.
The point is that it seems like everything was just for pretend. I told many girls I cared aobut them soo much, and I sobbed when they left the school, but after leaving the school myself I didn't really care.I was just glad that I made it out, and that's the way it seems now.....eveyone was just fighting for themselves even if it meant being really fake.

How can you tell someone you are their best friend and then somehow years down the road you could care less about how they feel, espeacially in this matter of things. yes people change, but friendships don't become serious friendships and then end quickly after the inconvinience of distance, or whatever. all those friends you had were never really friends..or were they? It was all a fasade.  maybe the title should have been "THE FRIENDS THAT I NEVER REALLY HAD" because I see the way she put it was that no one was ever trully friends....and truthfully I never made any "true" friends there either.....it was like a show....relationships formed out of pressure - using one another just to make it through to survive.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2005, 08:42:00 PM »
I'm w/ ya', Melissa. That's just the way I viewed things. But I've come to realize that some other kids (now middle aged) really did buy in on that level. You tell a lie often enough and you begin to believe it. You tell a lie daily or more under circumstances where there are harsh consequences either for lying or for refusing to lie, and that can be a real mind f***; especially when the lies are so deeply personal in nature.

But you're right. "Aren't we all friends?" is a false appeal. Sorry, no, you were not. Just unfortunate strangers trapped for a time in the Twilight Zone  :eek:

But ya'll do have that in common. So there's no need for any of you to treat each other as enemies.

Truth resides in every human heart, and one has to search for it there, and to be guided by truth as one sees it. But no one has a right to coerce others to act according to his own view of truth.

--Mohandas K. Gandhi

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2005, 12:33:00 AM »
antigen,

where you replying to Melissa, or the post above yours?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2005, 10:24:00 AM »
Both, I suppose.

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit  people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good?  Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race?

--Frederic Bastiat -- 1801-1850

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2005, 12:37:00 PM »
I wish I had friends like that now..and it does feel like it was never really true..like a lie.
I was just doing it to survive. If i had to I would have revealed my friends just so I didn't have to be in trouble. I would have let them get humiliated so I didn't have to. I would tell them that I would always keep in touch....and when I lfet it was like goodbye!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2005, 06:21:00 PM »
Well... speaking for myself, I have spent the last 4 1/2 years trying to stay in touch with all the wonderful girls I met at school. Maybe I was just lucky to be there at a time when the girls I was with did care about me, and I, them.  I think it's important to stay in touch, share our experiences, and share about our lives now.  I hope that I have been able to help some people do that!  Not all the girls I still talk to are my "bestest friends forever" but that doesn't mean that I don't love and care for them still!  It's hard being so far away from everyone now.  I did the college thing, made a few friends, but NONE on the same level as the girls at MMS.  Well maybe a couple but you know what I mean.  No one since has seen me at the bottom of my horrible pit of craziness... and known the reasons for why I was living there.  Anyway, this may sound selfish, but I'm glad I'm happy with where I am, what has happened to me, and who I met.  And I truley am sad for those who are not... not because they are wrong or crazy, but because they did have a hard time and are still suffering today!  That isn't right and I hope that everyone can move on.

Much love
Sarah

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2005, 12:16:00 AM »
You know what this reminds me of...that website myspace.com....all those alumni they have one thing in common: that they are MMS alumni, but when I look in to it...and even attempted to contact some girls I haven't recived a responce back. They hardly even talk about anything there. I've only seen a few posts for the past 3 months. I don't want to involve myself with that group, it seems se strange.. Some girls are great friends, but for the most part no one really seems "connected".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2005, 12:59:00 AM »
The difference between myspace and this is that some people are faceless, what do we have to hide from eachother?  I love everyone that was there, even if we weren't friends.  I have definately done my best ( which is not perfect and not at all the best in comparison to whatever is) to keep in touch.  I think of, many names that are moving through my brian and heart as I write this.  Every single one of you made it into my heart. Every day I am reminded of how important, my relationships are with my sisters, and I miss all of you terribly.  I hope we can all see eachother in August @ the hopeful reunion....Because I will be there and it would suck to be there alone and totally incomplete with out my dear friends.  This is really touchey stuff, I have never been able to explain entirely to anybody outside of MMS what my experience was like there. We need eachother, and we will always be connected and our time spent at MMS will always be a sensitive bittersweet subject.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2005, 04:16:00 AM »
Does everyone know about the reunion in August?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2005, 07:43:00 PM »
I'm sure that not everyone does know about this reunion... I received an email... could see all the other names who received the email... and I'm sure it wasn't everyone who ever attended MMS by the small size of it.  I'm pretty sure it went to the girls Colleen is still in touch with?  Maybe she assumes the other girsl wouldn't want to go to a reunion anyway?  Doesn't sound like most people on here would be to thrilled to head to Montana to have a reunion, does it?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2005, 11:10:00 PM »
hahaha...reunion? back in Montana? seems like everyone has to put on their old masks again.
we didn't all like eachother anyway.
The perfective ones that were always "group leaders (or school favorites") will say I'm doing great, MMS saved me", and all the current attendants at MMS wil be looking at them as if they are gods. I could just picture it- all you "wisdomful girls preaching off"..telling your deep stories to those new comers about how you were hanging off a cliff and MMS saved you, and advising to keep their little negative mouths shut. It won't be hard for you beecause al youll get is praise.
what's the point...and everyone is so different now..especially after all this drama hell no! I know who stands by my side!  
 If you want to have a genuwine reunion DON'T HAVE IT AT MMS!
sorry for the harsh words, but that's what I really feel like saying right now>>>and now I feel better

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2005, 11:18:00 PM »
don't count me in either unless it's some where else besides the school. I feel like I'll have to be fake going in there. like i'm going just to impress the school. I would love to chit chat with a few old best friends though....but I am not even sure if they care for me any more.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2005, 03:11:00 AM »
Care to share who was on the list of those invited? Maybe those of you who don't want to attend that reunion could form your own?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2005, 02:53:00 PM »
Out of the blue? After all these years? Just as we start to hear minor rumblings about credible legal action? Call me a cynic, I've been called worse. But I'll go out on a limb here and guess that Miss. Colleen has bigger and better plans than just a good ol'e reunion and pep rally.

If quitting drugs means joining the war on terrorism, does this portend the fire bombing of Amsterdamn ?

--Felton Manifestation