Author Topic: FACTS  (Read 4971 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
FACTS
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2005, 08:40:00 PM »
I understand what you're saying, what I was ultimately trying to express is that before these girls who are too scared to reveal their identities are able to do anything else they need to get over their irrational fears of Colleen or anyone at MMS. Of course I don't fully understand, because unless you experience something you can't. While at MMS I felt very intimidated by John in particular,and while I don't like or respect him, I certainly don't blame him for anything that happened in my life after MMS. If anything I became a stronger person and learned to never take bullshit from or be bullied by anyone. I think once people stop blaming John or Colleen or whoever for their problems post MMS and realize that everything you do is YOUR choice they will be able to stop being afraid, which is really important.Not to say that that bad experiences at MMS are ok, or don't affect one's life because I realize that they do, but everything you do is your own choice and people need to take control of their lives. Once that happens they won't be haunted by their pasts,it worked for me.

Melissa Gower.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline hannah

• View Profile
FACTS
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2005, 08:52:00 PM »
Whats your name how about that truth?  This anonymous BS is separating us even more----We all know eachother wheather we were friends are not.  And when you say "THE TRUTH"  that is a lie this is your truth not everyone agrees.  Talking about it is very important. Who are you whats your name?-Hannah

Perceptions: this is the way you see things and remember things not everyone remembers it the same as you do.  ANd if you are saying all of this why don't you use your name?

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
FACTS
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2005, 08:59:00 PM »
Hey Melissa,
Yea, I agree, have to find the strength within yourself to resolve matters before anything can be done, should anyone want anything done.

Once the haunting goes away, they're in the clear.  I can say that I had issues before MMS that worsened at MMS, and worsened after MMS.  Had I not gone to MMS who knows, but MMS exacerbated issues already present for sure.  

I'm so old now, super stable, been 'married' for almost 7 years now, even boring and am not haunted by MMS, but certainly am bothered that there are girls out there that may be going through what I did and knowing that it only made me worse.  I don't blame MMS for my problems in the sense that I am not willing to look at myself and take responsibility for what I do with my life now, but I think that as a  theraputic environment there is responsibility that needs to be taken for the parts that are ineffective and that for some were extremely damaging. And certainly sounds like there are probably about an even number of those who felt helped and those that felt it was damaging, so seems to me not something that can be dismissed as the disgruntled few that are damaged goods.

But yea, as adults we can all learn to gaurd ourselves from harm- as you say, choosing no to take any bs and I think we all aim to do that, but if the trauma runs deep I think for some it's easier than others.  
Until you walk in a persons shoes it's hard to comment.
[ This Message was edited by: katfish on 2005-05-02 18:03 ]
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline aileen

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/aileenchu
FACTS
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2005, 08:26:00 PM »
I'm not a big fan of John. He scared me and he seemed full of himself. On the other hand, he isn't as bad as that first person is making him out to be, and he was helpful to me at times. He is pretty damn insightful, though he may not always have been correct (who is?).