Author Topic: Cross creek manor  (Read 14166 times)

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2005, 05:02:00 PM »
Amanda's Post:
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... =10#105444

Antigen wrote: "The aftercare "plan" looks like it was written by a lunatic on the order of Pinkie and the Brain! I think those rules are rather strict for a 10yo, let alone a young adult. I can't imagine that anyone has ever actually followed a plan like that. And it's amazing to me (still) that parents who have spent their whole lives living out in the real world can look at this stuff and say "Yeah! That makes sense!"

The Home Contract is written by the teen.  It is not written by the staff, the parents or someone out in never never land.   So, with that knowledge, Amanda wrote what she posted and is making it sound like someone else wrote it?  No one tells the kids what to put in there, I've seen several and they all look different. The contract is for the teen, no one else.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2005, 05:09:00 PM »
P.S. Antigen is calling Amanda a lunatic along the lines of Pinkie and the brain.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Cross creek manor
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2005, 05:52:00 PM »
On 2005-05-24 11:59:00, Angola Cheeba wrote:

Whats the 7th step society? A stright thing?

Yeah, that was Straights aftercare program. I know it involved raps (maybe weekly?) and those could result in setbacks and startovers. But I have no clue about the rest because 7th steppers (pseudo graduates) were never permitted to associate w/ current clients in any way. Even if they lived together (as in someone graduating ahead of a brother or sister) they strictly limited contact. And, of course, when I left I never let the door hit me in the ass. Had NO interest in contacting former straightlings at all till like 18 years later.

The sadist cannot stand the separation of the public and the private; nor can he grant to others the mystery of their personality, the validity of their inner self...in order for him to feel his maximum power, he wants the world to be peopled with concrete manipulatable objects...
-- ERNEST BECKER, The Structure of Evil, 1968.

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2005, 05:55:00 PM »
On 2005-05-24 14:02:00, Dolphin wrote:

No one tells the kids what to put in there

You should read more carefully, Dolphin. Amanda mentioned something about having had to revise her home contract several times to get it approved. In any event, they're all written under duress.

Can you seriously read that home contract and tell me that it represents reasonable and wholesom rules and limits for a young adult? Seriously?

It's our goddamn duty to get these people back on drugs so they can think for themselves again!!!
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?topic=4728&forum=7&start=20#40163' target='_new'>RTP2003

Offline Angola Cheeba

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2005, 06:01:00 PM »
K well I think I know because I had to write one. We recieved the exact thing I wrote out at a seminar with our parents. Someone had to write it! And it wasnt a teen that wrote what I got from my seminar folder... It is a guideline of what they want you to put in the home contract. Did you go to CCM? If you did then whats the confusion? Yes the teen writes it but the parents, the fam rep, and the therapist ALL have to agree that is is acceptable.

Jean-Jacques Rousseau[ This Message was edited by: Angola Cheeba on 2005-05-25 09:42 ]
\'homme est ne\'libre et partout il est dans les fers.
Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains.
Jean-Jacques Rousseau
--------------------------------------------

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2005, 06:20:00 PM »
On 2005-05-24 14:52:00, Antigen wrote:

"

On 2005-05-24 11:59:00, Angola Cheeba wrote:

Whats the 7th step society? A stright thing?

Yeah, that was Straights aftercare program. I know it involved raps (maybe weekly?) and those could result in setbacks and startovers. But I have no clue about the rest because 7th steppers (pseudo graduates) were never permitted to associate w/ current clients in any way. Even if they lived together (as in someone graduating ahead of a brother or sister) they strictly limited contact. And, of course, when I left I never let the door hit me in the ass. Had NO interest in contacting former straightlings at all till like 18 years later.
<

I think the raps were twice weekly if memory serves.  Don't really remember.  I think I went for a month and then was outta there.  I didn't have anything like a home contract or anything.  It was pretty much understood that I did whatever Dad said whenever he said it or I'd be back on front row.   Then someone told me that the court order stuff was all full of shit so I waved bye bye.

The introduction of a Creator has done our independence no good.
--Gore Vidal, author

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2005, 06:23:00 PM »
Holy shit!!  http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... =10#105444

You're honestly saying that you think this would be a healthy environment?????

A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows.
--Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain", American author and humorist

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2005, 06:36:00 PM »
Amada, if memory serves, Dolphin is a Program parent and referal agent. Is that inaccurate, Dolphin?

When dogma enters the brain, all intellectual activity ceases.
http://www.kbuxton.com/discordia/' target='_new'>Robert Anton Wilson

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2005, 06:37:00 PM »
On 2005-05-24 15:36:00, Antigen wrote:

"Amada, if memory serves, Dolphin is a Program parent and referal agent.

Oh. That explains a lot.

I don't go lookin' for trouble. I just keep a little in a box should someone come by who is.
--Bill Warbis

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2005, 06:53:00 PM »
On 2005-05-24 15:36:00, Antigen wrote:

"Amada, if memory serves, Dolphin is a Program parent and referal agent. Is that inaccurate, Dolphin?"

sure does.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2005, 08:27:00 PM »
Well if that is the case then theres probbly no point in arguing. She will only look at it from her perspecive. And yes, the PROGRAM did write the guidelines I posted. They handed it to us at PC1. And every kid that has been there knows that if there is anything in the home contract that anyone disagrees with, it has to be changed. I was scared of my therapist and used the guidelines from the packet I posted to make mine. It was so overwhelming. It created more problems for me when I went home then helped me.
amanda

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2005, 12:36:00 AM »
I was listening to NPR tonight and they were discussing the rise in obesity in Shanghai. The reporter asked the guy in Shanghai if "fat camps", diet pills, and quick fixes were on the rise as well. He retorted that when a rise in obesity happens in a society, there will always be people who try to make money off it. I think this applies to the program as well. When the rise in "drug" use happened, someone seized a window of opportunity and made bank off of parents ignorance and fear. And as it continues to rise, more money will be made. Anyone agree??

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2005, 11:32:00 AM »
Well, I mostly agree. Except that there hasn't really been a significant rise in drug use. Just occasional significant shifts from one drug to another (coke gets expensive and risky, coke dealers switch to meth and the users take what's available) And there was a significant rise in the perception of drug use being a major problem.

But I don't think the troubled parent industry is growing to meet a real deman. One big clue is how the rhetoric has changed. In the early `70's (summer of Manson, etc) the media was all a twitter w/ fearmongering about the inevitable wave of heroin addiction. We knew that GIs in Vietnam were using a lot of it. And we "knew" that heroin is instantly and morbidly addictive. So we "knew" that, as the vets came marching home from Vietnam, they'd bring their addictions w/ them. So the White House tasked NIDA (then headed by Bobby DuPont) to come up w/ a solution to this impending crisis.

But it never happened. As it turns out, most ppl who were using heroin in Vietnam under unbearably stressful circumstances simply quit when they got back home.

So here we were with all these rehabs underway, and mostly built on the Synanon method, and no damned heroin addicts! Legend has it that that's where the gateway theory came from. At the same time, there were lots and lots of pot smokers representing a boom market to any salesman who could sell the gateway theory.

If there's a worse idea going than locking people up for drug use, it's probably locking them up in close proximity to some tyranical altruist who wants to 'help' them with a problem that probably doesn't exist
-- Ginger Warbis
having had about all the help I can stand!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2005, 12:17:00 PM »
I've seen several kids get involved with drugs. Most of them have parents who abuse subsances - either RX, alcohol or illegal substances.  They also come from disfunctional homes. So if a kid is using drugs the parents need to take a good, hard look in the mirror.  They need to fix themselves and the family unit.  Most people don't have that kind of self insight though. How many have gone through family counseling before shipping thier children off to a WWASO facility?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2005, 12:57:00 PM »
If you've only seen several kids who use drugs then either you don't see kids very often or you just assume that the "good" ones are abstinate.

Even when asked by a teacher to fill out a survey in the classroom, consistently around half of all highschool seniors have admitted to illegal drug use. That has been so since we started doing these surveys in the `70's. So, while it's factually true that kids ta' day who use drugs usually have parents who do the same, it's about as significant as noting that kids who use drugs have parents who prefer french fries over baked potato.

Drugs, legal or not, are part of our culture. Out of control, harmful drug use is also a part of our culture. Most kids are left to their own devices wrt figuring out where to draw the line. All the adults are just spouting nonsense at them right from the DFAF. It's worse than worthless because, what little useful information we have to give them comes to them tarnished by bullshit like the gateway theory.

We need to stop doing that and just tell the kids the truth.

When we are pleading with foreign governments to stop the flow of cocaine, it is the height of hypocrisy for the US to export tobacco.  Years from now, our nation will look back on this application of free trade policy and find it scandalous.

1989 testimony before the US Trade Representative,September 1989
--Surgeon General, Everett Koop