Author Topic: Life 82 reguarding your post to me about Sue Cookson found  (Read 10542 times)

Offline dreammagician

• View Profile
Life 82 reguarding your post to me about Sue Cookson found
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2002, 07:18:00 AM »
I wish everyone would chill. It's hard not getting a headache reading this fighting going on. Sounds like we were all brain fucked in programs so screw it. We're fucked so it don't mean we can't stand up and fight I'd like to twist the head off of anyone that tells me that straight was good and helped me and my family out. Sorry for rampaging, but sometimes I seem to get really angry when I think about straight. Welp, it's halloween, got the top down and I'm lettin loose, pretend like I was never in that shitty place, move on in life, we do need to work together and maybe sort our goals alittle better, like a team.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2002, 07:59:00 AM »
Thank you Dream-man....
This place is NOTHING like group.  Kris, did you permit dissent in your raps as a Sr staff?  Hell no.  You woulda been started over or fired.
LIFE82..You sound so pissed.  Some of the people you are flaming are damned fine people in my opinion who have been steady opponents of the behavior of programs like straight & LIFE.
I recently started posting memories, stories and things a new visitor could understand because this tit-for-tat shit is and I was sick of participating.  
Better in my never humble opinion to laugh over a memory than for us to bicker about it.  Let's stop killing good threads with this.  
Bill
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2002, 08:07:00 AM »
PS
Marti and Ginger, I am sorry about Sue.  What a statement about straight success:  multiple battery of police (authority issues) and cocaine (continued drug issues).  What an outcome.  Sad.
Sue may have internet access to email.
Marti...you are a 20 year fighter of the program.  I wish I could see your 60 minutes tape someday.  
Like dream man, I am enjoying life today...my boat is calling me, and the redfish and snook are biting.  C-ya
Bill
Bill H
12/80-12/82

Offline hedwigfan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2002, 09:53:00 AM »
this forum's atmosphere gets mighty hostile, alot like group. yes, free speech is great, but it seems like people here take a few jabs at each other in the name of free speech. it's just not nice. there are better ways of communicating. that's just how i feel--take it or leave it. when you care about other people's opinions, you become their prisoner.
ll this world is but a play
Be thou the joyful player
\"Maya\"  The Incredible String Band

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2002, 10:15:00 AM »
...than to open my mouth and remove all doubt. But hey, that's never stopped me before.

Yes, these forums get hostile quite often. If it isn't a Program apologist coming along stirring things up then it's a misunderstanding among survivors.

Any time you discuss something of importants things tend to get heated from time to time. Check out the Tampa Bay/St. Pete Times forum at http://forums.sptimes.com/Forums/ubb/cg ... matebb.cgi Just ordinary people talking mostly politics and still it gets rough in spots.

But not as rough as these various Program forums. Go check out the Elan forum sometime or AARC. Unusualy high proportion of raw nerves around here, there and everywhere. But it nearly always blows over.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2002, 11:33:00 AM »
Look at the bright side, just think, when that asteroid hits the earth, it won't matter anymore anyway! MG8

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2002, 12:12:00 PM »
Hedwigfan wrote: "when you care about other people's opinions, you become their prisoner"
I say:
Some people appreciate it when thier opinions are heard.  Dissent breeds when they are not.

[ This Message was edited by: Tampa survivor on 2002-10-31 18:47 ]
Bill H
12/80-12/82

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2002, 12:33:00 PM »
I get the distinct impression from LIFE 82 that no matter what is said by someone it is subject to a negative response.  I feel as if maybe I am reading this person wrong....like I am not understanding the point of their replies.  Reading LIFE's first posts here gave me some confusion as to whether or not he/she was slamming this forum or not.  Does anyone else feel this way?  

I mean, what I am getting at is......I am wondering if I might be jumping the gun on disagreeing with LIFE because his/her posts tend to be very confusing...is anyone else getting this impression or is it just me?

No offense to you LIFE, just trying to better understand your points....
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2002, 01:12:00 PM »
On 2002-10-31 09:12:00, Tampa survivor wrote:
Some people appreciate it when thier opinions are heard.  Dissent breeds when they are not.

Yes, this is very, very true.

Offline LIFE 82

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2002, 03:02:00 PM »
The "straights" claim a need for secrets because they are lacking some kind of insurance to protect them from lawsuits because of the powerful people they challenge in court.That is thier current "deep dark secret".Some of those same people who claim this need for descretion have tried to use my deep dark secret and PRY my real name out and get me to print it here.They have begun to ues MY "deep dark secret" in a way to intimidate me from posting here.Thats real dirty!!!I can understand the need for "real names" when giving testimonials here as TRUE LIFE STORIES of being in programs.But just for the sake of pacifying some "e-ranter",I think it is very low to request,and even guess IN PRINT my true identity.If you want to know my name then invite me to meet in person.I do not want to hide my identity but if I want it printed here then I will print it.If you had a real life experience with me then please talk about it here and use my name,but to "cut to the chase" so to speak, and fess up to a "post/reply" that is no good reason to say my name.I am an ACTION oriented person and I think my original reply "stop whining and go visit her in jail" is apropriate.

Offline Majiktrvls

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2002, 01:24:00 AM »
" The ultimate source of mental peace can be destroyed only by one's anger and negative thoughts. A wise person will not allow anger or hatred to manifest themselves because noone wants to be unhappy or endure MORE suffering." When anger dominates our minds we sometimes use harsh and unpleasant words to describe our views. Anger is an enemy. It is not useful or reliable, it causes us to lose sleep, appetities and we suffer mentally. It destroys our our sense of judgement, and it manifests itself in the form of Hostility.

Mental peace and happiness are found from within. NO matter what the occurences in our lives may have been, we all desire to be free of suffering and pain. We have all suffered enough pain, humiliation and negativity. To take care of happiness, we must first decide to own it. It is ours, and ours alone. NO MATTER WHAT STRAIGHT MAY HAVE TAUGHT. We have the freedom to rectify the wrongs that have been dealt to us. We have the freedom to choose to make our lives a happier place to be. NO MATTER WHAT STRAIGHT MAY HAVE TAUGHT US. Our survival depends on compassion and love towards one another. It is not a religious thing, it is a matter of survival. We survived the negative thought processing of Straight, and while we may disagree with each other and the opinions posted here, I personally think it is time to get back to the real issues at hand. I, for one, do not believe that we need to project our hostility towards one another. It pollutes our thought processes just like Straight, it is not necessary to continue in that pattern.  I believe that it is time to be more accepting of one another, despite all of our differing views of the program, and show a bit more compassion of fellow survivors.

[ This Message was edited by: Majiktrvls on 2002-10-31 22:26 ]
The New Definition of BITCH....Babe In Total Control of Herself!!

Offline hedwigfan

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2002, 07:40:00 AM »
At last, the voice of reason...
ll this world is but a play
Be thou the joyful player
\"Maya\"  The Incredible String Band

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2002, 01:36:00 PM »
On 2002-10-31 12:02:00, LIFE 82 wrote:
I am an ACTION oriented person and I think my original reply "stop whining and go visit her in jail" is apropriate.

I don't. "Stop whining" is a terribly mean spirited thing to say. I assume you just didn't get that Marti had only just found out where Sue was and, as such, hadn't even had time to find out visiting hours at that facility before you clobbered her with that remark.

As far as anyone keeping deep, dark secrets, as sysadmins, we leave that entirely up to the writer. If you feel more comfortable posting anonymously, go ahead.

However, there's a trade-off. Posting with your real name does lend credibility. And, not that this has ever or (hopefully) will ever become an issue, there is a limit to anonymity. If I ever got a warrant for information, such as in the case of credible threats or harassment, and I felt that it wasn't worth challenging, I couldn't protect anyone's identity. Now, I can't find out who anyone is, even if I wanted to, without having a warrant served on your ISP, either. So this is substantial protection. You can say anything that would be protected by the First Amendment without fear of exposure. Of course, if you yourself give away your secrets, I can't help you there either.

That's speaking from a tech and policy standpoint as sysadmin. As a .... what? member of the community? fellow poster? relatively disinterested observer? no. As an old friend and admirer of Marti's, I think your comment was inapropriate and ignorant and that she should just ignore it.

Offline Shelby

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2002, 03:15:00 PM »
Unfortunately, many people ( myself on occasion ) confuse the right of free speech with the right to be an asshole.

Shelby