Author Topic: MMS poll: Helpful or Harmful  (Read 4776 times)

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
MMS poll: Helpful or Harmful
« on: April 29, 2005, 08:58:00 PM »
http://fornits.com/wwf/polls.php?show=44

:question:  :question:  :question:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 02:37:00 PM »
This is wonderful. Everyone, be sure to vote!!!

Offline enge4815

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 03:41:00 PM »
I think it was helpful and stop e-mail people on classmates and telling them you went to school with them when you didn't. I am glad and saddened that you did. Now I ca put up my opinion but now I have to read all of the negative which is everyone else's truth. Here's mine I owe my life to that place and I have had all those negative feelings that each one of t=you had but I grew up and got through them through thereapy adn other helpful supportive things. Stop blaming an intisituion fro your problems when what's the common denominator "YOU"
This is just my opinion
Rebecca
am only here to share about my experience opinion, and goals outside of MMS. I don\'t agree with all but I also don\'t agree with all MMS stood for either. When you read my posts I invite you to make your opinions and write back to me about what I said. B

Offline katfish

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 05:25:00 PM »
::unhappy::
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline enge4815

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 05:40:00 PM »
I am not blaming you I am just saying that you e-mailed me under false pretenses I am not blaming you or any victim. I am jut saying that I stopped being the victim and you know what I am not supervised that you re turning his around to me being harsh when I am just sharing my opinion just like you. I am free to do that it' why this is a forum. You don't have to agree with me like I don't have to agree with you. About my negative feelings read my posts and then you will know where i am coming from. I am not blaming anyone and that's the difference between me and you. I know my responsibilities in my life and in my past, I don't know you so I have no bone to pick with you but if you put up another post with a gun shooting some comment I will know that you want to just fight and be abusive and i will not respond to any more of your posts because guns and violence and intimidating conversation like that is dumb. I will not play a part in it. I jut stated my opinion and you stated yours. thanks for informing me of your opinion but know I will reply back with my own.
Rebecca :wave:
am only here to share about my experience opinion, and goals outside of MMS. I don\'t agree with all but I also don\'t agree with all MMS stood for either. When you read my posts I invite you to make your opinions and write back to me about what I said. B

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005, 05:58:00 PM »
Sometimes in life, the best thing to do is to let bygones be bygones. But not all the time! Sometimes the best thing to do is to seek redress, to right past wrongs and to prevent a perpatrator from continuing to hurt new victims.

Black markets will always be with us. But they will recede in importance when our public morality is consistent with our private one.

http://www.tatteredcover.com/NASApp/store/IndexJsp?s=showproduct&affiliateId=000095&isbn=0618334661' target='_new'>Eric Schlosser, Reefer Madness

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2005, 06:17:00 PM »
Well said Ginger.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2005, 06:41:00 PM »
Thanks

I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religion than it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.
--Albert Einstein, German-born American physicist

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2005, 07:52:00 PM »
THE COMMON DENOMINATOR :YOU...THAT'S SO LAME BECAUSE THERE'S SO MANY OTHER GIRLS THAT ARE COMMON DENOMINATORS...NOT JUST ONE PERSON AGAINST THE SCHOOL............SO IT MUST BE YOU

Offline katfish

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2005, 09:40:00 PM »
You wrote:
 I am not blaming you I am just saying that you e-mailed me under false pretenses I am not blaming you or any victim.

--I thought you really were someone I knew, actually. Sorry if I confused you.

You wrote:
I am jut saying that I stopped being the victim and you know what I am not supervised that you re turning his around to me being harsh when I am just sharing my opinion just like you.

--That's good, I'm glad you stopped being a victim.  I'm wondering, when you say this you mean you are no longer being victimized?  I dont understand, how did I turn this on you, exactly, by saying you're harsh- that is, your opinion is harsh?  I'm not saying you're not 'just sharing you're opinion', but you're opinion seems harsh and unempathetic- and that's my opinion.

You wrote:
I am free to do that it' why this is a forum. You don't have to agree with me like I don't have to agree with you.

--Yes, share you're opinion- I'm all for dialogue, but as you did you shared you're opinion about everyone elses experience and I think it worthy to comment on and challenge as you too challenge the validity of everyone's experience by saying, in effect, everyone the solution is- 'grow up, deal with it and move on, you need to change you're ways and it's you're fault you were abused to begin with'.  Correct me if I'm wrong... IMHO, that is indicitave of someone who lack empathy.

You wrote:
About my negative feelings read my posts and then you will know where i am coming from.

--ok

You wrote:
I am not blaming anyone and that's the difference between me and you.
--Seems to me you're blaming the victim. I hold the staff accountable.

You wrote:
I know my responsibilities in my life and in my past
--Sounds like you and I have something in common.

You wrote:
I don't know you so I have no bone to pick with you

--Good, I'd hope not!  Im really not one many people have a bone to pick with, just not my style. Too old.

You wrote:
but if you put up another post with a gun shooting some comment I will know that you want to just fight and be abusive and i will not respond to any more of your posts because guns and violence and intimidating conversation like that is dumb.

--Sorry, damn miscommunication!I put that there not to shoot at words but to work with the words-Emotocons used not to reflect what i feel, I'm very non-violent, but to show someone being harsh and attempting to annihalate other's- metaphorically, their validity.  

:wave:  [ This Message was edited by: katfish on 2005-05-01 18:52 ]
Margaret Mead

Offline katfish

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2005, 10:39:00 AM »
the poll on whether mms was helpful or harmful is about 50/50, very interesting- keep voting ya'll!!
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2005, 01:49:00 PM »
The school is both helpful and harmful. I don't know which way to vote.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2005, 06:18:00 PM »
I guess you have to weigh it out and decide which was it - more helpful or more harmful.

You could always take a sheet of paper, divide it in two, and make a list of the positive things you felt you got out of it on one side with the negative things that hurt you or negatively affected you on the other side.

Then weigh it all out and you'll probably get your answer.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2005, 08:15:00 PM »
looks like the poll  is still at 50/50.  does that really tick off all y'all who think the school was hell?

Offline katfish

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2005, 02:53:00 AM »
Speaking for myself, no, I'm not ticked off, I think it's very exciting to see so many girls feel same way I do... Means half students polled think school abusive, that's an awful lot.  Shit, 10% too much.  Abuse is abuse is abuse...
Margaret Mead