Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Mission Mountain School

My experience at MMS

<< < (2/2)

Anonymous:
You know what, I have been semi active on this board, been respectful of everything people have said and I really think it's ridiculous that you people are writing off Whitney's experience as the same as "those under the spell". I was at MMS with Kerry,Angel AND Whitney and I can tell you that Whitney did not have it easier than any of us. She had to do the same amount of work, and was not given more "breaks",nor did she "manipulate" the system. As much as I may hate John Mercer and hate certain aspects of that school I don't agree with what you are saying. I agree that showering is a right, and I think it was stupid we had to go for awhile without showers, but we DID have communication with the outside world. I don't think that kids should have been able to just call whomever they wanted whenever or be sent anything. Kids are there for a reason, and 9 out of 10 cases they WOULD try to lie and manipulate their families to leave if given the chance for freedom in phone calls. Not let them speak to or write to their families at all would be abusive,but that is simply not the case. Yes, I think that once girls got past a certain point they should have been allowed unsupervised phone calls but the fact that that didn't happen still doesn't make it abuse. I'm honestly appalled at this so called "supportive" communities responses to Whitney thus far. I don't care how many people you have spoken to to form your opinion on MMS, the bottom line is Whitney was there and you weren't so you have NO right to discredit or devalue her experiences.

Melissa Gower.

Anonymous:
Melissa and Whitney

I posted the message that you are not agreeing to. I apologize for the way it came out. I am not trying to put Whitney down it's just that it seems as though some girls were treated more fairly than others. I trully feel sorry for making it sound the way it did, when I wrote it seemed right. But now that I look at it I do blame the headmaster of the school for all of this. It's easier to place blame and use anger because my cousin went there and I feel that no one stuck up for her even though her peers knew she was being mistreated. When you feel that you are fighting something that is wrong and someone says it's right you blame them too because it's seems as though they are against you. I guess I felt threatened my whitney's post because she had so many good things to say, and me amongst many other people would like to just shut her up because of anger. I felt as though she was protecting the school while my cousin has been so troubled since her experince. But now I do not want to fight I just want to do something about all of this.. I would like her to get justice and it is not easy when others comment about their great experince at MMS, because it makes us seem like we are making all of this up....so can you please state what you think the problem is? is our attempt to shut down the school extreme or just trying get rid of the headmaster? .please help! Can we stop going in circles like "yes it was a good experince for me and " no i hated it".....Over all...are they in the right or wrong? were your friends treated fairly? Please tell me yes or no.was it the headmaster or the school?
Whitney please reply as well.  and I apologize again for blaming you.. please understand our dilema.
I am also sorry to angel for quoting her with out her consent.

Anonymous:
If you want, you can write to [email protected] and maybe together we can make a difference.

enge4815:
Whitney,
Are you from texas orginially? I think I know you I was your big sister when you came to MMS and You're already a junior at ASU? OMigosh how time flies. my name is Rebecca and I don't now if you remember me but if you do reply back to this. God it's been almost ten years since I was sent there and I remember it like it was yesterday. I am glad that you have stayed strong and I am glad to see your post. Not that i agree with everything you said but what you said was important and valid to you. I am happy to see that you have changed and maybe that makes you like MMS but they had some good ideals and some defining goals to strive towards. I think that oyu have achieved that by being successful from all your hard work and the tings you learned from their. I am going to make a post now and i hope you will respond back to me at any time. I have not kept in touch after school for many reasons... but now I think I will. Thanks
Rebecca Engel
P.S. Anyone who knows me and is on here please let me know and respond to my post!!

ainoue:
i am alarmed at reading someone's comments based off of their cousin's experience.  i would quite honestly be more interested in hearing from the source, rather than a cousin.  no disrespect to whoever you are - i do value your opinion and i think you are entitled to it.  however, i think that anyone who has been at mms would agree that you cannot comprehend the experience unless you are there in the flesh and blood.  maybe i have misunderstood - perhaps both you and your cousin went there?  
whitney is one of the most amazing women i have ever met, and anyone who watched her grow at mms would know that she is not lying about her experience there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version