Author Topic: MORE QUOTES TO DEFEND  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
MORE QUOTES TO DEFEND
« on: April 26, 2005, 10:36:00 PM »
?Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

?I know that every good and excellent thing in the world stands moment by moment on the razor-edge of danger and must be fought for..."
-Thornton Wilder

?the heart itself is only a small vessel,
yet dragons are there, and lions,
there are poisonous beasts,
and all the treasures of evil,
there are rough and uneven roads,
there are precipes;
but there too is God and the angels,
life is there, and the Kingdom,
there too is light, and there the apostles
and heavenly cities,
and treasures of grace.
All things lie within that little space.?
-Markarios the Great

?We all of us need assistance. Those who sustain others themselves want to be sustained."
-Maurice Hulst

?Avarice, envy, pride,
Three fatal sparks, have set the hearts of all
On Fire."
-Dante Alighieri

?Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us.?
-Jane Austen

?This is the way the world ends
This is the way the world ends
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper."
-Thomas Sterns Eliot

?If any man can convince me and bring home to me that I do not think or act aright, gladly will I change; for I search after truth, by which man never yet was harmed. But he is harmed who abideth on still in his deception and ignorance.?
-Marcus Aurelius

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. All your life they will say you're not good enough or strong enough or talented enough; they will say you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly.
AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES."
-Nike Ad
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
MORE QUOTES TO DEFEND
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 10:07:00 AM »
On 2005-04-26 19:36:00, Anonymous wrote:

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. All your life they will say you're not good enough or strong enough or talented enough; they will say you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly.
AND THEY WILL TELL THEMSELVES YES."
-AMF re Tweek and Peek

All who doubted or denied would be lost. To live a moral and honest life -- to keep your contracts, to take care of wife and child -- to make a happy home -- to be a good citizen, a patriot, a just and thoughtful man, was simply a respectable way of going to hell.
--

Straight, Sarasota
   10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
return undef() if /coercion/i;
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes