Author Topic: new WWASP school in NY, Ivy Ridge  (Read 44954 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
new WWASP school in NY, Ivy Ridge
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2005, 02:51:00 PM »
He cannot take his kid out of the school for visits unless he has custody. They will not allow it, trust me. Unless he goes to court and gets custody he cannot see his kid until she is at level 4, and even then he will be required to go to the Discovery seminar, and he will also have to be approved by the facility (who will consult the mother who has custody) before he can even take her off campus, let alone see her. WWASP won't kick her out, they just won't let him see her. It is a great game they play.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2005, 10:37:00 PM »
my friend just got sent to ivy ridge about 6 days ago.  His parents were assholes and told him they were taking him to the baseball hall of fame and then tokk him to the school.  If all this stuff is true about the abuse, then im concerned about my friend.  Also, is there any way i could contact him without the staff knowing???  Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2005, 12:54:00 PM »
LOL what is funny is that I see things on here that say "you don't know what goes on there" and then others saying "I guarantee there is abuse".  This comming from someone who has no personal experience of the school.  Academy at Ivy Ridge is no walk in the park, nor is it advertised that way.  Some of my best friends attended that school and now have chance at a successfull, peacful life.  I assure you (from personal experience in one of the WWASP schools) that the staff take much more abuse from the teens there than anything that you might call abuse towards the teens.  I spent more than 2 years in one of these schools, and beleive you me I would be DEAD or in jail if i hadn't.  I am more than 3 years sober now and making my own in the world with a 4.0 in college.  So when you continue to bash the schools and claim facts, make sure you add this fact to your list.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2005, 01:11:00 PM »
We have a guy that was in JAIL telling us that Ivy Ridge is abusive.  Wow what credibility he has... (cough cough).  Just to clarify Mr. Jail man, you are not allowed to speak out of turn at all... and I don't know if you know this but humans are smarter than dogs we know how to listen... most of us anyway.  New teens are not permitted to speak to other new teens becuase it cuts down on the chances of the teens still activly in resistance to plot running away or harming someone. I agree (though not from personal experience) that jail is a peice of cake compare to one of these schools.  No offense though buddy, in experiencing your fowal language and disrespect to others, I would say that Ivy Ridge has done more good to the teens than Jail did to you.

Hope that gives you somthing to chew on.  I look forward to your disrepectful comments in the future as I'm sure you will give them. :smile:

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2005, 01:22:00 PM »
On 2005-03-02 10:11:00, Anonymous wrote:

"We have a guy that was in JAIL telling us that Ivy Ridge is abusive.

I've heard that quite often with respect to these places from many different people.  IMO that DOES give them a lot of credibility.  Think about that.  Jail v. TCs and they'd rather be in jail.  

New teens are not permitted to speak to other new teens becuase it cuts down on the chances of the teens still activly in resistance to plot running away or harming someone.

So then how is this "resistance" (you call it resistance I call in trying desperately to hold onto some semblance of sanity in a fucking lunatic asylum) broken down???

I agree (though not from personal experience) that jail is a peice of cake compare to one of these schools.

First you doubt what "jail-man" has to say and then you say this?????  I'm confused, but the fact that this doesn't bother you says quite a bit.

Thought that is silenced is always rebellious. Majorities, of course, are often mistaken. This is why the silencing of minorities is necessarily dangerous. Criticism and dissent are the indispensable antidote to major delusions.
--  ALAN BARTH, The Loyalty of Free Men, 1951.

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2005, 01:32:00 PM »
On 2005-03-02 10:22:00, Cayo Hueso wrote:

"

On 2005-03-02 10:11:00, Anonymous wrote:

"We have a guy that was in JAIL telling us that Ivy Ridge is abusive.

I've heard that quite often with respect to these places from many different people.  IMO that DOES give them a lot of credibility.  Think about that.  Jail v. TCs and they'd rather be in jail.  

New teens are not permitted to speak to other new teens becuase it cuts down on the chances of the teens still activly in resistance to plot running away or harming someone.

So then how is this "resistance" (you call it resistance I call in trying desperately to hold onto some semblance of sanity in a fucking lunatic asylum) broken down???

I agree (though not from personal experience) that jail is a peice of cake compare to one of these schools.

First you doubt what "jail-man" has to say and then you say this?????  I'm confused, but the fact that this doesn't bother you says quite a bit.

Thought that is silenced is always rebellious. Majorities, of course, are often mistaken. This is why the silencing of minorities is necessarily dangerous. Criticism and dissent are the indispensable antidote to major delusions.
--  ALAN BARTH, The Loyalty of Free Men, 1951.

"

Crazy Mac at it again!!!! :nworthy:

Ardent advocates of prohibition were obsessed by a zeal that bordered on fanaticism. They supported politicians who voted to outlaw liquor, no matter how much of it they privately consumed, and spurned politicians who voted against prohibition, no matter how sober they were personally.
http://www.ncpoliticalreview.com/1101/Ervin/cohen.htm' target='_new'>Sen. Sam Ervin, Preserving The Constitution

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2005, 01:45:00 PM »
The new students have plenty of other students there to talk to.  Teens that have been there a while and are not viewed as at risk for violence or running away can speak to whom ever they want.

Here is how "resistance" is broken down.  When I say broken down please be clear that I mean this is how the level of resistnace is viewed in each student, NOT how they break students down.  Certain rules have differnt consequences.  Swearing is going to be differt from throwing a fist obviously.  The students gain points for good behavior and are deducted points for negative actions.  They can gain more privlagess the more points they have.  When students continue to go up in points they are viewed as not in so much resistance as the teens that are not gaining any points.  The teens actually give themselves the points, and the staff goes over the grading with students and talk about any disagreements.  Because is all honesty (and this is from personal experience.  I will stay away from assuming about other things as you have asked.) all the students really need to do is follow the rules.  Some staff are jerks.  No doubt about it.  If you can be open to this thought though listen for a second... while there are staff memebers that can be jerks, there are jerks out there in the world as well.  I'm sure there is some one in your workplace that you do not like.  You have to learn to deal with them though.  Same goes for the students.  before I went to one of these schools, I personally would make other peoples lives a living hell if I didn't like them.  On a very real basis (and this is opinion) no one deserves to be treated with great disrespect no matter how much you hate them.  The harsh reality, it DOES SUCK to be in one of those schools.  I have heard plenty of stories about abuse at the school I was at... from students that I was there with... and I witnessed what happens.  Example... when a student picks up his school desk up above his head screaming swear words and how he was going to kill someone because they made him mad the staff restrained him.  Let me describe for you in detail the restraint that I witnessed so we are 100% clear.  There were 2 staff and both of them rushed at him, oen grabing his arms and the other yanking the desk out of his hands.  When the desk was out of harms way they both took hold of him and brought him to the floor.  I did not witness any unnessisary ruffness here.  I think the staff did the best they could with this teen fighting back.  The teen in laying flat on his stomach at this time and one staff sits on his legs so he cannot kick.  The other one on his lower back (so they can still breath) and holds his arms to the side.  They do this until the teen has calmed down (typically when the adrenaline stops rushing though you).  They either clear the area around the student of any objects they can get ahold of or they take them to a room away from the other students.  They are there until they can deminstrate the ability to act civalized and have not had any outburst for a period of time.  I want to let you guys know that every staff memeber goes through a certification process every year called M.A.T.T. training. This is the process of defending themselves and restraint.  There is no punching kicking or anything else close to that.  I have also be restrained, and while it wasn't the most fun thing in the world, it was not abusive in any way shape or form.

To clear up the brainwashing, I don't think it's done.  Course I suppose I could be brainwashed :razz: .  But the way I look at it, I could still be dealing drugs and all the lame stuff... or I can be where I am now, with a full time job, living on my own, paying my bills with a beautiful girlfriend and straight A's in college.  So if they did brainwash me... GOOD

It is clear that we all do not have the same opinion here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2005, 03:00:00 PM »
Just out of curiosity how long have you been out of the program, and how long were you there for, and why were you sent there?

I am asking, not to be rude, but because a lot of people don't remember the bad things that happened while you were there, and don't want to admit that it was not picture perfect.
I am glad that you got something good out of it. There is good in everything,it is all what you make of it.

I do not advocate that it was for everyone. And I do know that it also depended on when you attended AIR and what side of the facility you were on.

-Elizabeth Schlidt
email [email protected]

I would be interested in talking to you. Email me if you'd like

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2005, 06:54:00 PM »
It was only a year ago and I could write a detailed book for just about every day there.  I do agree that these schoools are not for everyone.  It is very disapointing to me to see people bash these schools thought.  I hated being at the school.  I am not one to enjoy being told what to do.  That is what happens though.  But look how things turned out before I went to the program when I was telling myself what to do... I was doing/dealing drugs, stopped going to schools, getting in constant fights, lying, cheating, stealing, running from the cops, vandalizing... I got plenty more if you wanna talk about it.

I might add that I was 5'11 and 118 points (SKINNY) before the program.  I am now 6'1 and about 155.  I admit I am still skinny, but not unheathy.  I dont drink any caffine nor do I drink anything carbonated.  I don't smoke anything not even cigarettes any more.  I ran varsity on the Cross Crountry team after I got in the program.

I'm realy good friends with a lot of people I was in the program with.  I have yet to hear a negative report from a program graduate that is successful.  Then again, we could be brainwashed.... :razz:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2005, 10:40:00 AM »
Yea, I would like to talk to you.
I have also been home for a year, and am doing well. I graduated in Feb 04. When did you graduate.
I think that it is great that you are doing well, but I think that it is a mistake to think that these schools do the same thing for everyone. I find it ironic that the kids that were expected to do so well fell flat on their ass in the real world.
I was talking yesterday to a friend of mine, who got pulled on Level 5. She was one of the "scandalous" girls, who should have done the worse out of the kids she was supposed to graduate with. Instead, she is doing the best. It was not the program that changed your life..YOU DID.
Don't give credit where credit is not due. Maybe they assisted you, but you were the one that made the conscious decision to do something different with your life.

And as for being brainwashed...do your homework.
The seminars are run by former Lifespring members. Lifespring is a cult...surprise!
Your seminars included numerous techniques that were learned in a cult...surprise!
Good for you if your brainwashing helped...I say it did not. I helped myself.

[email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2005, 11:45:00 PM »
Let me just say yes, I was in jail. For what, for refusing to pay childsupport to a woman to destroy my child. Yes, jail was a joke. I was a hero to all the guards and half  the other inmates who were there. They were all screwed by a woman for childsupport. It shouldn't be called childsupport, It should simplely be called payday for a dirtbag. My daughter was 3 at the time. Her mother was and still is a dirt bag. She comes from a dirtbag family. Her mother, her grandmother, her whole fucking family do nothing but use and abuse people for money. I always told the judges that rats will always breed rats. I didn't want my daughter to grow up and be like them. 13 yrs latter guess what, she is well on the way. With a choice between ivy ridge and her mother, it will be a toss up as to who will fuck her up worse. My kid was placed in ivy ridge so her mother wouldn't have to pay me childsupport. What a joke. This post goes to all you fuckin dirtbag single mothers who fucked up your kid and then placed them in ivy ridge.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2005, 11:38:00 AM »
Hi - I worked at AIR for a year.  I honestly can say I never saw anything "abusive" go on.  As a NYS certified teacher I would have had to report it.  I did see a lot of girls freak out, but I never saw anything bad happen to them.  I had the opportunity to speak with lots of kids while I was there and many of them didn't like it there, but only b/c they couldn't be home.  A lot of them learned to appreciate what they had at home.  I still talk to several students from the school and they never have had anything negative to say.  It is very possible some of the things I have read do occur, but I was fortunate enough to never witness any of them.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2005, 12:12:00 PM »
Anyone employed by WWASP is forced to go through the Discovery seminar as a condition of employment. If these workers did see the abuse, which is very likely, they probably wouldn't recognize it as such.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2005, 08:24:00 PM »
On 2005-03-05 08:38:00, Anonymous wrote:

I still talk to several students from the school and they never have had anything negative to say.  

You must be joking!  

I'm sure Castro and Hitler and Sadam all loved to believe the people loved them to death. Why, they always voted for them when given the chance and just look at all the posters and statues and murals. They must have loved them a whole lot, right?

What sane kid who escaped one of these gulags would risk you reporting their "non working" attitudes by telling you the truth about yourself?

Gimme a friggin break, lady!

The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
-- John Muir

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2005, 08:25:00 PM »
Who is John Galt? :wink:

I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life, I absenteed myself from Christian assemblies.
--Benjamin Franklin, American Founding Father and inventor

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes